Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Elder Member

Seen 'em all. I think this series is kicking ass. They ain't kicked back the tension yet.

It's a great show, however I'd love to see something like this be a one season and done show so we get the full story. A show like this has a tendency to drag on for way to long if it's continued. I'd love to see more shows with a shorter, self contained story meant to intentionally last 1-2 seasons.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by antsomarching View Post
    It's a great show, however I'd love to see something like this be a one season and done show so we get the full story. A show like this has a tendency to drag on for way to long if it's continued. I'd love to see more shows with a shorter, self contained story meant to intentionally last 1-2 seasons.
    Maybe each season should have a different branch of the Military deal with some part of the conspiracy?

Yeah this is a great show but I can't imagine how they extend it beyond 1 season. It's like Prison Break where the premise seems to be good for only one season otherwise it just because a mess. However, interested to see if they can make it last. I thought the same thing about Once Upon A Time which everyone got their memories back but the second season is still good.
    It's hard for me to listen to people not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

"Let me go first Lorna. I'm their freaking King!"

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Maybe each season should have a different branch of the Military deal with some part of the conspiracy?
    Or we could have other warships join the rebellion each season.
    By season 5 you could have a whole fleet. ^_^

Elder Member

There's plenty of ways to develop the series past the first season. Hell, nothing will get closed to resolved for the people on the sub until things get straightened out on the main land. So they need to develop an entire network.

If the current administration gets disposed, the next one might not want to admit to the entire world that they nuked a country without cause, so they keep up the pressure, etc.

Gone

I liked the idea of getting other countries involved, to diverify the threat/plotlines.

We already had russians interested in getting their hands on a US sub, get some al qaeda baddies in there.

I agree about Once Upon A Time - it took me a couple episodes for me to appreciate that it continued on.
    Gimme gimme shock treatment.

Okay, not killing Surret has now become ridiculous. He killed a sailor in cold blood. Aided the drugging of the whole island, almost blew up another crew member and now tortured the COB (which I pray does not become a stupid addiction subplot where he has to give in to Surret for his fixes). It has become obvious that it's the producers and not the characters that are keeping him alive. Straining credibility on show that one has to accept a lot of unlikely scenerios to begin with.

It does make me wonder where was all his men when Surret drugged the island ? Surely he's not that stupid to drug his own men as well but he was alone and getting pushed around by those special forces guys in the previous episode.

Heating up to a war within the island as well as outside of it.

ugh, i really don't care about or like the Navy Seal guy or his love life, i know i'm supposed to, just because... he's a Seal? (i guess)

disappointed in the episode overall

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I liked the idea of getting other countries involved, to diverify the threat/plotlines.

We already had russians interested in getting their hands on a US sub, get some al qaeda baddies in there.
    Now dat is an awesome idea.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but Last Resort has been cancelled.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59660
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Damn it! But I can't say I'm surprised, from the start this seemed the kind of show that wouldn't work well in a major network, more appropriate to HBO or FX.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't pee in the (Dead)pool View Post
    I hate to be the bringer of bad news but Last Resort has been cancelled.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59660
    But the ratings are going up!!!!
    (1.3) (1.7) (1.6) (1.9) (2.2)