Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Black Panther and Eternals.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    Black Panther and Eternals.
    Eternals, for sure. Black Panther I enjoyed a ton, but would definitely rank it a little lower than both the New Gods and the Eternals, which pretty much share the number one spot with me, as far as Kirby's solo work is concerned.

Remember the Herculoids

Default Life was just too short...

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    Eternals, for sure. Black Panther I enjoyed a ton, but would definitely rank it a little lower than both the New Gods and the Eternals, which pretty much share the number one spot with me, as far as Kirby's solo work is concerned.
    You know all these series that people are talking about in this thread were too short, way too short. It took Kirby 40 issues of FF in order to really hit his stride and begin creating Galactus, the Surfer, the Inhumans, et al. What would he have created had he been able to have 100 issues of any of these titles?

I recently re-read the Kirby Black Panther in its 2 trade paperbacks, and really had a blast. It was crazy stuff, but like Kirby at his finest, it holds together like a crazy dream you can't shake. And the Demon could have really been a great launching pad, too, but I think berk, above, is 100% on the money when he says that Kirby was shackled by fickle editors and sometimes fickle fans.