Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I still think that the idea that the Joker would suddenly become melancholic and even trying to justify his behavior is off character.

Quote Originally Posted by idlewildered View Post

For some reason I loved that one where he was driving around with Tim in a car as well.......... very Kurgan-esque!
    haha, yeah it was, I wonder if that inspired Dini. I did like that issue, but I don't know if I'd rank it as an all time favourite.

my favs are the usual ones that have already been mentioned...5 way revenge, Laughing Fish/SOTJ, Killing Joke, Batman vs Hulk, Happy Birthday dear Joker....

one that has not been mentioned is that Don Newton one(can't recall writer, possibly Gerry Conway), where the Joker locks Batman in that room with all the robot killer toys. Maybe this was the only solo Joker story DN ever illustrated? Don't know any others(apart from his appearance in the Kiler Croc Detective finale). I recall reading that this story was one of the ones that almost made it into 'the best joker stories ever' collection.

Oh, there is also that 2nd team up he did with Batman in Brave and the Bold, the first one(that was in the 'best joker stories') was not that great, but the second, when they are trying to track down the person who killed the Penguin, was a hoot, with the Joker genuinely teaming up with Batman to investigate, as he cared about the Penguin, but also not being able to help himself from trying to kill Batman at points. Man, I lent that comic out and never got it back. That is def a favourite.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Is "5 Way Revenge" collected in trade?

The Killing Joke
    Mad Love
    Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker

Why is there this assumption that Killing Joke was mean to be out of continuity? There was nothing indicating that when it was first published, in fact it was probably commissioned in order to redefine Joker for the new post-Crisis universe. It was used to put Barbara Gordon out of commission since they had no interest in having a Batgirl at that point. Gotham by Gaslight was the first Elseworld and it came out a year after Killing Joke.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Asian MILF PoV

^ Hoping that's a copy paste error lol?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Is "5 Way Revenge" collected in trade?
    Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told Vol.1 (if you can get the 1988 edition, better collection of stories. 2005 edition has the Alex Ross cover and not so many older issues)
    Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told
    Neil Adams Illustrated Vol.3 (with the new modern coloring that alot of people find horrendous, including myself)

Batman #450-#451 are pretty good. Joker makes his first appearance since Death in the Family.

The Joker's Five-Way Revenge, BATMAN #251
    The Laughing Fish/The Sign of the Joker, DETECTIVE COMICS #475
    The Killing Joke
    The Dark Knight
    Death in The Family
    The Man Who Laughs

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

The Laughing Fish (TAS episode)
    parts of The Killing Joke
    Going Sane
    Slayride
    The Clown At Midnight