Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 120 of 120
  1. #106
    Insanity is colorblind Mecegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    It's the most stripperific version of the always rather stripperific basic costulme.
    I have always loathed any and all incarnations of this costume. It simply looks tacky and is not really one bit less exploitative than the blue and black leather version above.
    I'm okay with what is considered the classic costume, but the way some artists draw it is the issue. I guess some artists just can't help themselves and since the majority of the fandom doesn't mind it will keep on happening. Even the new version can't escape it.

    Cause lord forbid she fully cover her behind and doesn't have the maximum amount of cleavage showing.

  2. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I'm okay with what is considered the classic costume, but the way some artists draw it is the issue. I guess some artists just can't help themselves and since the majority of the fandom doesn't mind it will keep on happening. Even the new version can't escape it.
    Cause lord forbid she fully cover her behind and doesn't have the maximum amount of cleavage showing.
    The costume has never been the problem.
    You have these :


    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

  3. #108

    Default

    And then there's stuff like these pieces of "art" :





    I don't really see the argument here, regarding the costume as it is, basically. Its like saying Batman as a character sucks because of The Widening Gyre and Cacophony.

    BTW if anyone here wants, just for fun, they can submit their drawings of the totally plausible poses of Wonder Woman above, replacing WW with Hawkeye at this tumblr called the Hawkeye Initiative. Just google it.
    Last edited by The Man From Room X; 12-07-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

  4. #109
    always correct Lotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The what now? Did I miss a post?
    Go to a search engine (Yahoo, Google, etc.) and type in 'cobie smulders wonder woman', go to images and you should find what appears to be Cobie Smulders modeling a variant Wonder Woman outfit. It has a skirt-ish looking thing and shoulder straps but I think it would make the most sense in a live action JL/WW movie.

    http://http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/rollo_tomassi7/media/wonder_woman_new.jpg.html?filters[term]=cobie%20smulders%20wonder%20woman&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=1
    Last edited by Lotech; 12-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.

  5. #110
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Go to a search engine (Yahoo, Google, etc.) and type in 'cobie smulders wonder woman', go to images
    Maybe when I'm not at work...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  6. #111
    Senior Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Go to a search engine (Yahoo, Google, etc.) and type in 'cobie smulders wonder woman', go to images and you should find what appears to be Cobie Smulders modeling a variant Wonder Woman outfit. It has a skirt-ish looking thing and shoulder straps but I think it would make the most sense in a live action JL/WW movie.

    http://http://media.beta.photobucket.com/user/rollo_tomassi7/media/wonder_woman_new.jpg.html?filters[term]=cobie%20smulders%20wonder%20woman&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=1
    Or just earlier in this very thread...


  7. #112
    Senior Member Zagreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    And then there's stuff like these pieces of "art" :





    I don't really see the argument here, regarding the costume as it is, basically. Its like saying Batman as a character sucks because of The Widening Gyre and Cacophony.

    BTW if anyone here wants, just for fun, they can submit their drawings of the totally plausible poses of Wonder Woman above, replacing WW with Hawkeye at this tumblr called the Hawkeye Initiative. Just google it.
    Have to say, I actually like the one second from the bottom. But good cheesecake is good cheesecake.

  8. #113

    Default

    Honestly I really enjoy the skirt look, glad to see her wear a version in Earth 2

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wonder_Woman_Earth_2_DCnU-2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	105543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2554971-steppenwolf_wonder_woman_earth_2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	105544

    I hope they bring back the red boots as well, not sure why they bothered to change them
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  9. #114
    Junior Member flottanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Strong View Post
    The ideal Wonder Woman costume would in my humble opinion not even have the US flag. I respect Wonder Woman a lot and what she represents, but I just feel the US flag as a costume is too anachronistic. I know it would never happen. I found this on Deviant art.

    Agreed. I love her classic costume but just wearing something like the picture u posted would be better for me.

  10. #115
    Senior Member UsagiTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    I hope they bring back the red boots as well, not sure why they bothered to change them [/QUOTE]

    Tell me about it. I don't understand how they paid homage to her old costume when she was younger but didn't give her the boots.

  11. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    Tell me about it. I don't understand how they paid homage to her old costume when she was younger but didn't give her the boots.
    To me aesthetically the red boots balance out the costume. From head down (or boots up) the contrast was red then blue then red again. When you see the lower half of her body all in blue it feels like it draws my eye away rather than towards. But that might just be me lol
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

  12. #117
    Senior Member UsagiTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ood Friend View Post
    To me aesthetically the red boots balance out the costume. From head down (or boots up) the contrast was red then blue then red again. When you see the lower half of her body all in blue it feels like it draws my eye away rather than towards. But that might just be me lol
    There is actually a figure of her with her red boots.


  13. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    472

    Default

    ^^^^

    That figure was changed in production. The final figure has the dark blue/black boots (and the panties were changed to the dark blue/black as well).

    It looks like the head-sculpt was changed as well.

  14. #119
    Senior Member UsagiTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    ^^^^

    That figure was changed in production. The final figure has the dark blue/black boots (and the panties were changed to the dark blue/black as well).

    It looks like the head-sculpt was changed as well.
    I look this one better. It fits both the new 52 and her old costume.

  15. #120
    Paladin Kurosawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    344 Clinton St, Apt 3E
    Posts
    3,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Or just earlier in this very thread...

    This is my favorite and I'd rather the comics costume look like this. I love the skirt, and I like the sandals better than the superhero boots.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •