Thread: X-O Manowar, #6

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-O Manowar, #6

Valiant is proud to present an advance preview of X-O Manowar #6 by New York Times best-selling author Robert Venditti and acclaimed artist Lee Garbett! Can X-O Manowar recover from his chilling defeat at the hands of Ninjak? Who will be the last superhero standing? Place your bets because, on October 17th, it's a close quarters rematch that will decide the fate of all mankind!

Aric of Dacia has been disarmed - and now Ninjak is about to deliver the incalculably powerful X-O Manowar armor into the hands of The Vine's earthly agents. Trapped thousands of feet above the Atlantic and at the mercy of the Valiant Universe's most feared mercenary, Aric now has only one chance to recover his prize. With only brute force to aid him, can Aric - unarmed and untested in the 21st century - teach the man called Ninjak the true meaning of Visigoth might? Or will Ninjak's cold precision win him control of the awesome weapon that all of Earth will soon come to fear?

Two warriors. One weapon. No survivors. The year's most demanded comic book match-up soldiers into its staggering second round on October 17th, only in X-O Manowar #6!

Full article here.

that looks bad ass. can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    that looks bad ass. can't wait!
    Venditti is KILLING IT month after month with this book. I cannot wait to see how this all plays out.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Nice! The big fight! But the solicit says the 17th, while CBR says the 24th. Which is it? I'm kind of hoping for the 24th...my birthday!
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Cant wait.
    XO #5 was one of the best Valiant comics ever of any era. Valiant is on fire.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    Nice! The big fight! But the solicit says the 17th, while CBR says the 24th. Which is it? I'm kind of hoping for the 24th...my birthday!
    Valiant's website says the 10th for Bloodshot and A&A, the 17th for Harby and XO...but XO did get moved back last month, so maybe it has again. I think they are working on how to space the books out so XO is on sale the same day as Shadowman #1 in November.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

This series hasn't disappointed me yet.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

more pages, better writing, better art... why am I reading anything other than Valiant?

There's no mystery : an awesome writer, a great artist (or two, with Cary Nord for the first issues), an incredible scif-fi story, and every month it's a pleasure to read X-O !

Not to bring up old rivalries or anything but this comic makes Fraction's Iron Man look like complete hack work.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

I'm not even going to look at the preview pages. I want to stay that much unspoiled for the issue!!!
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Awesome comic, awesome series, that is all.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Issue #6 was amazing, the escalation of the conflict between Aric and Ninjak was awesome and their fight upon the plane was really well done if not a little short. I love how the Vine Soldiers are now planning to attack earth and Aric is now forced to try to pull Ninjak onto his side to help save the world from the impending doom in which he's created, what a wonderful story with lot's of little nuggets of fun tossed in. Ninjak has quickly become one of my favorite characters in the Valiant universe as well as all of comics, I look forward to seeing what the writers have in store for him in the near future and I hope he remains a relevant character for a long time to come.

Simply amazing!