Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Dark Knight #0 Preview/Discussion

Batman takes on the most important case of his career as a detective - who murdered his parents? Meet Joe Chill and explore the epic conspiracy to wipe out the Wayne family!

Full article here.

Oh boy, this issue will certianly get an interesting discussion from everyone here. However, I mostly think this issue will be more or less about Bruce as a kid doing his little detective case he brought up in Batman #4.

That's not asphalt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    That's not asphalt.
    Cobblestone?
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Mico's art got a lot better. You see, Whilce Portacio, Leinil Yu, Mico Suayan they are the poster boys for having that Philippine style of drawing.
    I can't wait this.

Man Considering the Rest of his Family except for Kate and her dad are pretty shitty people, Its Kinda No Wonder he became as introverted as he did. I Wonder has Kate ever been to Bruces House? She is the Daughter of one of Martha's Brothers.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Man Considering the Rest of his Family except for Kate and her dad are pretty shitty people, Its Kinda No Wonder he became as introverted as he did. I Wonder has Kate ever been to Bruces House? She is the Daughter of one of Martha's Brothers.
    That's a story idea that's always been on my mind with those two--maybe at one point Alfred and Jacob got the two together for a play-date kind of thing.

Anyway, pretty decent preview so far. I'm really curious to see how Juan Jose Ryp does his part of it, since I associate him more with some of the stuff he did for Warren Ellis on the Avatar line, like Black Summer.

That's not asphalt.
    the dark knight; where maternity wards are on the first floor of a hospital with large windows, and cobblestone is asphalt V_V
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

L'il Bruce was a hardcore cyclist!

Seems to have a pretty good head for directions, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Well in the pre flashpoint DCU there always seemed to be this cage around the Waynes as a family unit Alfred included. Now while I understand that it was a writing element and strategy to empower the somber feeling and lost that Bruce had but it of itself could be used as plot. For instance from the Cobblepots to Elliots those that had some stake in Gotham knew the Waynes well (According to the cut and paste history of HUSH we at least know the Elliots were fequent guests of the Waynes), but when the event occured Bruce and by connection Alfred was always the man on the island. I guess you could say that it was because they knew it was one of the crime familes related to the murder and didn't want to draw attention which makes even more sense that when Wayne name did return the mob was under attack immediately by the Bat and Bruce was not trailing behind buying up and fixing Gotham bit by bit so repairing bridges again would put them in the cross hairs of both the Mob and the Bat as it seems that the Waynes are the only family that didn't have a secret that would draw the bat to them eventually.

With the understood history of the new 52 it is still an assumption that it proceeded the same way but this is a great time to do some Gotham structure building and drop some clues for later plot lines but it might just be high hopes for a #0

SPOILERS

This issue shows us Bruce obsessing about finding his parents killer all the way up to his 20ies and then finding Joe Chill, a two bit drunk from some info he got from a homeless guy he found in Crime Alley. A guy who wouldnt tell him anything and it didnt occur to bruce to call the police or Alfred to interrogate the guy. So anyway, he spends his entire childhood obsessing about this and then he finds out it's Chill and leaves to train.

Tell me... How exactly are these #0 issues in any way, shape and form better than Nolan's Batman Begins? Seriously.
    Chill gets caught = bruce isnt an emo b*** that obsesses over finding him and doesnt leave out of the blue to train. It also means Bruce has a misguided sense of justice and when he learns better he leaves to understand the criminal world more, by becoming one himself at places people dont know he's Bruce Wayne. And then he returns to become Batman. Nolan even explained his hate for guns.

But who am i kidding. In the new 52 Catwoman was revived by cats. When Morrison leaves i'm done with the batbooks and their cheapness and laziness.

teenage Bruce.......
    We need to see more of this
    I almost threw this issue away in disgust after the few pages of emo young boy
    I like how in the end Bruce learned a lesson "sometimes shit just happens" and now he's off on this great big adventure to learn more about criminals.

I don't think Bruce went to college so this must be boarding school
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn

So Joe Chill ends up being some random dude? Don't we all ready know this? This issue retold us something we all ready knew, I should have skipped it.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

SPOILERS

This issue shows us Bruce obsessing about finding his parents killer all the way up to his 20ies and then finding Joe Chill, a two bit drunk from some info he got from a homeless guy he found in Crime Alley. A guy who wouldnt tell him anything and it didnt occur to bruce to call the police or Alfred to interrogate the guy. So anyway, he spends his entire childhood obsessing about this and then he finds out it's Chill and leaves to train.

Tell me... How exactly are these #0 issues in any way, shape and form better than Nolan's Batman Begins? Seriously.
    Chill gets caught = bruce isnt an emo b*** that obsesses over finding him and doesnt leave out of the blue to train. It also means Bruce has a misguided sense of justice and when he learns better he leaves to understand the criminal world more, by becoming one himself at places people dont know he's Bruce Wayne. And then he returns to become Batman. Nolan even explained his hate for guns.

But who am i kidding. In the new 52 Catwoman was revived by cats. When Morrison leaves i'm done with the batbooks and their cheapness and laziness.
    ...Okay, I don't understand your point here. This has a lot in common with what happened in Batman Begins--remember that even though Chill was caught in Begins, Bruce was still haunted by this and wanted to kill him.

Bruce was going to shoot chill in begins too only reason he didn't was because someone else shot him before he could get to him. I like this story more where he just realizes this isn't what his parents would want.
    Currrently Reading- Suicide Squad,Justice League,Batwoman,Batman,Batman and Robin,Detective Comics, Wonder Woman,Batman Eternal,Mighty Avengers,All new X-factor,Justice League 3000 and Harley Quinn