Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Star Trek: The Next Generation: Hive, #1

The Borg return in this celebratory 25th Anniversary "Star Trek: The Next Generation" adventure from Brannon Braga, Travis Fickett, Terrry Matalas and Joe Corroney.

Full review here.

I read it : the story is well mastered, and will please to TNG fans. But, concerning the art, I'm agree with the reviewer : "some of the poses are stiff, and the expressions occasionally a little dead".

Really enjoyed this first issue. But I agree that the art was "stiff" at times. However, while it was noticeable at first it didn't bother me by the end, so perhaps it was just a rocky start. I'm curious if any other TNG characters will join the mix, but I'm glad to see that at least Riker (my favorite Trek character) will be involved. And as a big Enterprise fan, I enjoyed the appearance by a Lt. Archer and hope she's in the rest of the mini.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

I gotta say I thought the criticism about needing a "signpost" to specify when it took place was a little unwarranted. Will Riker being Captain of the Titan, something that's mentioned in Star Trek Nemesis, was that signpost for me. As for the art, it seems like pretty standard fare for IDW's TNG stuff to me, reminiscent of The Space Between though I thought it was better in some ways (such as in the way Riker actually looked like Riker).

The art was awful. I couldn't read another with art like that.

So...7 was re-assimilated after getting back to Earth...?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Liked this one a lot, yes, the art was a bit inconsistent, give the guy a break, it's hard work, but he did a more than competent job.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    So...7 was re-assimilated after getting back to Earth...?
    Braga explained in this interview . . .

"Seven of Nine is the only crossover character. We learn that she willingly went back to be assimilated, because she didn't fit in with humanity anymore."
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder