Page 6 of 567 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

I could take or leave Scemma at this point, but I suppose there is something touching about two emotionally damaged people finding some semblance of solace in each other. How it started out at any rate.

'cause I wanna see writers balancing their relationship to do what Whedon did to them in his AXM run. It's sad if Emma/Scott ends like this.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

Yessssss shes on her third appreciation, thanks guys for keeping this up!

Scott and Emma has only been unbalanced somewhere after Messiah Complex, which is true for pretty much all the X-Men regarding Cyclops with the exception of Wolverine. For the most part I don't really see that the relationship has damaged Emma so much as Emma, like every other character that's not Scott, hasn't had a real voice or point of view in the stories. Sure, she has had an advantage to other characters, but doesn't mean she's getting any more developed than say Match. Taking the relationship away doesn't guarantee she'll have a different chaterization, that's mostly on the writers rather than who she's dating.

As for them as a couple, I just think they played off each other well. They weren't the type of couple who was cutesy or just gave into the usual dramas, but rather just had this level of comfort that was interesting to see. And its really interesting how they trust each other while not fully trusting each other. Also, they're both repressed in different ways and overcome those repressions because the other forces them to deal.

I'm not really one to pay much attention to the couple aspects of characters, cause they are only one part of their story, so if they break up, I won't really care one way or another, but, when written by someone who cares enough to play their dynamic correctly they can be very entertaining.
    Last edited by xhx23x; 09-24-2012 at 02:55 PM.

BANNED

I support a Cyclops/Selene pairing in the future.

She is about the only one of the Queens he hasn't done yet.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Scemma should end, it's been tainted with domestic violence and bad characterizations. Emma needs time to build up her own credibility instead of having Scott be her anchor to the hero-side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    She is about the only one of the Queens he hasn't done yet.
    I don't know all that much about Selene, but the sense I get from her is that she's WAY more hardcore than any of the others. Cyclops is probably going to be a catatonic wreck when she's done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I'll never understand why people continue to support Scemma. At the end of the day, no matter how much he loves her, Scott doesn't have any respect for Emma as a person and certainly doesn't see her as his equal. Nor does he hold some irrational level of reverence for her like he did for Jean. The coupling strengthens him as a character, but weakens her.
    This post excited me sexually.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post

I've post the kids costume because it's appropriate for ten-year-old girls.

The adult one is gorgeous too. And if you've seen other Superheroines' Halloween costumes, you would never say that Emma costume is revealing.
    Here's another costume based on Emma.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM|MISS AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    To be blunt, I love Emma and Scott and Emma/Scott; even after seeing what happened in AvX 11 and UXM 18 I still hope their relationship lasting. I just wanna see some compelling explanations of those messes.

Yea it's said that O5 will have their own dissension, so I can see some of them choosing to side with old!Cyclops. I hope it's Angel or Iceman, or both. Jean will definetly in Wolverine's side and teen!Scott will hardly join the team of his old self.
    I've haven't heard or read anything on a dissension ( can you provide a link?) but the other things I do know which bendis has hinted in multiple interviews. I don't get the feeling that the O5 will side with cyke as the news of their appearance serves more as a plot device to "unite"

That's a lot of pressure to be putting on the poor 05.

"Here kids. Everything's gone to hell and every adult in the world has only made it worse. FIX IT!"

Double post

They all should just go back to the 60s and proceed to do lots of drugs to forget everything.