Page 5 of 568 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I come back and we've got Emma Frost Appreciation III thread! Wow!

My favorite thing about AvX, probably One more week and it's over. Bring on Consequences!

This image attaching has become a nightmare for me. Worked so smoothly before

Attachment 101711
    Love it!!! It's absolutely stunning!

Can't wait for Consequences too!
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Love it!!! It's absolutely stunning!

Can't wait for Consequences too!
    It's weird. I've been reading the thread for a while, even though I haven't posted as much as usual. But I'm not really excited. After AvX 11, I breathed a sigh of relief (and I actually did really enjoy the issue) and... not so much "moved on" but "re-prioritized." I'm able to "wait and see" (in the words of The Poet).

It's weird. I'm very interested in the upcoming stuff with Batman and the Joker, in some ways more so than Emma (Batman outranks Emma) but I'm not as excited. I'm really interested with Spider-man's march to issue #700. But not like with Emma (I like Emma more than Spidey). And I'm actually very excited for Marvel Now and the Avengers books. I'll withhold judgment on the X-books till I find out more about what Emma will be doing. I'm guessing either next week someone will spill the beans on the P5 in an AvX wrap-up interview, or we will get some info at NY Comic Con. I guess I'll know whether to woot/worry/complain then On the balance I'm relatively confident she'll have a big role, and I'm actually pretty happy about MarvelNow. Also, I've been playing videogames instead of posting...
    Last edited by Goldgeller; 09-24-2012 at 08:04 AM.

It's weird. I've been reading the thread for a while, even though I haven't posted as much as usual. But I'm not really excited. After AvX 11, I breathed a sigh of relief (and I actually did really enjoy the issue) and... not so much "moved on" but "re-prioritized." I'm able to "wait and see" (in the words of The Poet).

It's weird. I'm very interested in the upcoming stuff with Batman and the Joker, in some ways more so than Emma (Batman outranks Emma) but I'm not as excited. I'm really interested with Spider-man's march to issue #700. But not like with Emma (I like Emma more than Spidey). And I'm actually very excited for Marvel Now and the Avengers books. I'll withhold judgment on the X-books till I find out more about what Emma will be doing. I'm guessing either next week someone will spill the beans on the P5 in an AvX wrap-up interview, or we will get some info at NY Comic Con. I guess I'll know whether to woot/worry/complain then On the balance I'm relatively confident she'll have a big role, and I'm actually pretty happy about MarvelNow. Also, I've been playing videogames instead of posting...
    I didn't see Emma or Scott having their roles diminished post AvX, it's just that we wont have the main story Pov from Cykes eyes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I could never stand Reed Richards, maybe it's because he's such an insensitive jerkoff, but I think it's mostly because over fifty years of F4 comics, there's not a single shred of hard science to be found anywhere. With so many prominent science based heroes, Marvel should really try to make their stories a bit more realistic in that regard, after all real science is so much more interesting and novel than the stuff masquerading as it in comics.

Just look at X-Men, Watson and Crick published their seminal DNA paper ten years before the first X-Men comic was published, so it's not like mutation was some mysterious thing nobody understood. I don't even know what the canon says anymore, something about Celestials and the Phoenix and some other mumbo jumbo. At the very least, they could acknowledge that there are no "stages" to evolution, and that new species are not somehow predestined to displace the older ones. You don't even have to have read anything to know this, just think about it for two seconds.
    Watson and Crick elucidated the structure of B-DNA using findings from Rosalin Franklin x-ray crystallography...basically walked into the lab and saw her work. And because he was a physicist was able to see that the structure was a helical shaped. Franklin was using A-DNA, he used B-DNAl. In any case the work you're describing isn't of Watson or Crick they were purely focused on structure...Watson is also a bigot.

Anyway, Mendeleev was the one who carried out experiments about inheritance and he was born in 1834.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I've post the kids costume because it's appropriate for ten-year-old girls.

The adult one is gorgeous too. And if you've seen other Superheroines' Halloween costumes, you would never say that Emma costume is revealing.
    LOL pretty much, and it's not just limited to superheroines.

I'm an incurable pessimist… I almost expect everything ending up in bad situation, perhaps that's why I've been on edge and extremely nervous about Emma since AvX started. Sorry if my negative comments bothered you guys.

I'm worrying about her so much post-AvX too, but since she's been portrayed in the center of AvX I do believe she'll continue being a hugely big role in X-Men. She's too big to be diminished lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I didn't see Emma or Scott having their roles diminished post AvX, it's just that we wont have the main story Pov from Cykes eyes anymore.
    That could work-- or at least, they will put him on the side lines and tell us about Cyclops through other people's eyes-- not a direct narrative, but Cyclops might be conspicuous by his absence. I'm also thinking, that they will all share screen time. Two very different propositions, but each one is likely. For some reason I don't see them (The ETeam) getting their own book at this time.

I'm an incurable pessimist… I almost expect everything ending up in bad situation, perhaps that's why I've been on edge and extremely nervous about Emma since AvX started. Sorry if my negative comments bothered you guys.

I'm worrying about her so much post-AvX too, but since she's been portrayed in the center of AvX I do believe she'll continue being a hugely big role in X-Men. She's too big to be diminished lol.
    I know exactly what you mean about being pessimistic, and your posts were fine! It was really stressful for a while I'm not pessimistic in the sense that I see the bad side of things though-- I just don't like dashed expectations in these types of situations, if you now what I mean. But I think Emma will play a big role, she's a great character and she's majorly marketable, so she's got a whole bunch of fields covered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Watson and Crick elucidated the structure of B-DNA using findings from Rosalin Franklin x-ray crystallography...basically walked into the lab and saw her work. And because he was a physicist was able to see that the structure was a helical shaped. Franklin was using A-DNA, he used B-DNAl. In any case the work you're describing isn't of Watson or Crick they were purely focused on structure...Watson is also a bigot.

Anyway, Mendeleev was the one who carried out experiments about inheritance and he was born in 1834.
    Yeah I'm struggling to remember back to my high school biology classes and who did what exactly, but the point still stands though. They should not be hand waving these ideas so much to make the stories work, when so much of it was established well before the comics were published.

I know exactly what you mean about being pessimistic, and your posts were fine! It was really stressful for a while I'm not pessimistic in the sense that I see the bad side of things though-- I just don't like dashed expectations in these types of situations, if you now what I mean. But I think Emma will play a big role, she's a great character and she's majorly marketable, so she's got a whole bunch of fields covered.
    But sincerely, I guess Gillen's Consequences will still focus on Scott and show how bad-ass and tragic he is. Emma's emotional reactions will still be extension of Scott’s emotion. I just hope to see how Emma and Scott deal with the AvX mess and their relationship TOGETHER.

I've post the kids costume because it's appropriate for ten-year-old girls.

The adult one is gorgeous too. And if you've seen other Superheroines' Halloween costumes, you would never say that Emma costume is revealing.
    I like it:) Very cute Though it sort of reminds of something January Jones would wear while failing at pretending to be the White Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Scarlet View Post
    Eeek. That looks like something January Jones would wear while failing at pretending to be the White Queen.
    I think for being a cheap Halloween costume it's not too bad. It's the high rise bouffant that kills it for me.

That could work-- or at least, they will put him on the side lines and tell us about Cyclops through other people's eyes-- not a direct narrative, but Cyclops might be conspicuous by his absence. I'm also thinking, that they will all share screen time. Two very different propositions, but each one is likely. For some reason I don't see them (The ETeam) getting their own book at this time.

I'm not worried, I'm just curious on Emma and Scott's status quo relationship, As I stated before in the older appreciation thread that they have yet to go through major hurtles as a couple. Hell even Medusa and Blackbolt have so the question remains how does she view scott, supportive (which I can see) betrayed (which I can see) or being used (which I can see) on thing for certain a simple talk and water under the bridge type solution wouldn't be and shouldn't be acceptable in this and especially since Emma and Scott will come face to face with Teen Jean, I'm starting to believe in either issue #3 or 4 is where the fight will break out between the O5 and those who chose to stay with Scott on a destroyed Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think for being a cheap Halloween costume it's not too bad. It's the high rise bouffant that kills it for me.
    I concur. Emma would never wear her hair like a Stepford housewife. Its reminiscent of January Jones' atrocious hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm not worried, I'm just curious on Emma and Scott's status quo relationship, As I stated before in the older appreciation thread that they have yet to go through major hurtles as a couple. Hell even Medusa and Blackbolt have so the question remains how does she view scott, supportive (which I can see) betrayed (which I can see) or being used (which I can see) on thing for certain a simple talk and water under the bridge type solution wouldn't be and shouldn't be acceptable in this and especially since Emma and Scott will come face to face with Teen Jean, I'm starting to believe in either issue #3 or 4 is where the fight will break out between the O5 and those who chose to stay with Scott on a destroyed Utopia.
    To be blunt, I love Emma and Scott and Emma/Scott; even after seeing what happened in AvX 11 and UXM 18 I still hope their relationship lasting. I just wanna see some compelling explanations of those messes.

Yea it's said that O5 will have their own dissension, so I can see some of them choosing to side with old!Cyclops. I hope it's Angel or Iceman, or both. Jean will definetly in Wolverine's side and teen!Scott will hardly join the team of his old self.
    Last edited by airdreams; 09-24-2012 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

To be blunt, I love Emma and Scott and Emma/Scott; even after seeing what happened in AvX 11 and UXM 18 I still hope their relationship lasting. I just wanna see some compelling explanations of those messes.

Yea it's said that O5 will have their own dissension, so I can see some of them choosing to side with old!Cyclops. I hope it's Angel or Iceman, or both. Jean will definetly in Wolverine's side and teen!Scott will hardly join the team of his old self.
    I'll never understand why people continue to support Scemma. At the end of the day, no matter how much he loves her, Scott doesn't have any respect for Emma as a person and certainly doesn't see her as his equal. Nor does he hold some irrational level of reverence for her like he did for Jean. The coupling strengthens him as a character, but weakens her.