Page 4 of 567 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    What kind of material is Emma's costume supposed to be? It doesn't look leather so I guess it's fairly practical (except for the cape). Not that she needs it to be, of course.

If Marvel really wanted characters to wear more practical costumes, they'd have them wear loose-fitting t-shirts and sweats. Right now, even Luke Cage's outfit looks impractical. I mean, look how tight his shirt is!
    I wouldn't have too much of a problem with more practical costumes....if they actually bothered to make them practical instead of just looking really dull and bland without any added utility. i.e. Wanda's Marvel Now outfit is arguably far less practical than her old one. I mean, the classic costume was basically just a dancer's leotard, which should give her a full range of motion, while the new one looks like an extremely constrictive jacket, under which she is apparently wearing nothing, and combines "gloves attached to sleeves" with "heels attached to pants." So practical.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

I imagine superhero costumes to be made from material not in out world. The F4 have special costumes that can take a good beating, so O imagine the X-Men costumes can too, that survive extreme heat, extreme cold, is antiperspirant, etc.

In regards to practicality, the superheroes in MU are basically celebrities to the public, so they all have to look good, like when a celebrity is on the red carpet. So, yeah, the costumes can be ridiculous looking, but it seems that's what the public expects from them. It's almost like a performance job. It's the only explanation I can think of, so superhero world has a bit of a different culture than ours because they live in the superhero reality.

I loved Quitely's costumes...now those looked practical, except for Emma's -- though hers was in-character. Almost like Lady Gaga wearing meat to the red carpet loolol.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 09-24-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Good-looking >>>>>>>>>>> practical (sometimes those costumes are grotesque though).
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I imagine superhero costumes to be made from material not in out world. The F4 have special costumes that can take a good beating, so O imagine the X-Men costumes can too, that survive extreme heat, extreme cold, is antiperspirant, etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstable_molecules

I think Reed shared with everyone in the MU. Or maybe they infringed on his rights?!

They are mentioned in the Generation X -1 issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Generation X #-1 - unstable molecules.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	101706
    Last edited by nikbackm; 09-24-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstable_molecules

I think Reed shared with everyone in the MU. Or maybe they infringed on his rights?!

They are mentioned in the Generation X -1 issue.
    I figured Reed has manufactured his findings to all the superheroes. His funds gotta come from somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I figured Reed has manufactured his findings to all the superheroes. His funds gotta come from somewhere.
    I could never stand Reed Richards, maybe it's because he's such an insensitive jerkoff, but I think it's mostly because over fifty years of F4 comics, there's not a single shred of hard science to be found anywhere. With so many prominent science based heroes, Marvel should really try to make their stories a bit more realistic in that regard, after all real science is so much more interesting and novel than the stuff masquerading as it in comics.

Just look at X-Men, Watson and Crick published their seminal DNA paper ten years before the first X-Men comic was published, so it's not like mutation was some mysterious thing nobody understood. I don't even know what the canon says anymore, something about Celestials and the Phoenix and some other mumbo jumbo. At the very least, they could acknowledge that there are no "stages" to evolution, and that new species are not somehow predestined to displace the older ones. You don't even have to have read anything to know this, just think about it for two seconds.

To be honest, mutations are also called cancer IRL.

I don't know how mutants with magic powers can be considered since its based off magic and not science. Though in the MU it seems there's a thin line between magic a and science. I have never been much into the feats though.

I love Emma because she craftily uses her powers and stuff and there really isn't much wank to her powers.

In reality unstable molecules do exist (they can only exist in extreme circumstance such as under extremely low pressure or in vacuum glow discharge tube though).

Emma costumes! Not that impractical, aren't they lol?
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=emma+frost+costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    In reality unstable molecules do exist (they can only exist in extreme circumstance such as under extremely low pressure or in vacuum glow discharge tube though).

Emma costumes! Not that impractical, aren't they lol?
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=emma+frost+costume
    None of those costumes look anything like Emma, though. Has she ever had a costume with a skirt? And Jesus Christ, I love Emma but if I had a ten year old daughter I'd probably stab my eyes out before I let her wear an Emma Halloween costume. Good to see them putting that Women of Marvel branding to good use, though....

Emma Frost kids costume is cute.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That's cute, now can we have the adult costume please?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    That's cute, now can we have the adult costume please?

I've post the kids costume because it's appropriate for ten-year-old girls.

The adult one is gorgeous too. And if you've seen other Superheroines' Halloween costumes, you would never say that Emma costume is revealing.
    Last edited by airdreams; 09-24-2012 at 06:28 AM.

These days they probably think it's just easier to stick the woman in a skirt so that's the trend. Here's Phoenix's Halloween costume.

I come back and we've got Emma Frost Appreciation III thread! Wow!

My favorite thing about AvX, probably One more week and it's over. Bring on Consequences!

This image attaching has become a nightmare for me. Worked so smoothly before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_matyr3nM0W1qzvhk6o1_500.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	101711
    Last edited by Goldgeller; 09-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Yea, Arw1 led the charge to get an Appreciation III the last one is over 10,000 posts.