Page 3 of 567 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 8502
  1. #31
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I still don't understand how girls can even walk wearing the long fuck me boots. I guess for comic book characters it's practically a required superpower, so they have no problems with it.
    as someone who has spent most of his life surrounded or living with a large group of females, I can tell you that confort and footware are not two things that most of them feel have anything to do with one another.

  2. #32
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I still don't understand how girls can even walk wearing the long fuck me boots. I guess for comic book characters it's practically a required superpower, so they have no problems with it.
    I think it's a passive power all super ladies get. They hand 'em out standard along with the gravity defying bazongas.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    as someone who has spent most of his life surrounded or living with a large group of females, I can tell you that confort and footware are not two things that most of them feel have anything to do with one another.
    At the very least though, I think the stereotype that women are irrationally obsessed with shoes is incorrect. I mean, people have gotten shot over Air Jordans before, I'm not sure if that's happened with designer heels, though I may be wrong.

  4. #34
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    as someone who has spent most of his life surrounded or living with a large group of females, I can tell you that confort and footware are not two things that most of them feel have anything to do with one another.
    That's true. You get used to it though. If you wear heels for to long it actually feels weird to walk in flats. It feels like the ground's sloped.

  5. #35
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    At the very least though, I think the stereotype that women are irrationally obsessed with shoes is incorrect. I mean, people have gotten shot over Air Jordans before, I'm not sure if that's happened with designer heels, though I may be wrong.
    haha, I don't think it's irrational. or any more irrational than anything peopleb can get passionate enough to obsess slightly about.

  6. #36
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    I can see Marvel instituting some sort of no-heels policy sometime in the future. Practicality rules above all. I guess it wouldn't be too bad since you can still draw the legs as looking perma-flexed when walking in flats even if it wouldn't necessarily make sense.

  7. #37
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Everybody's a geek for something. It just depends on if you can speak the language. The other night I was at a dinner table that included a couple ladies and a gay man. They were gabbing about a pair of shoes like it was Christmas morning and a birthday all at once. They were called "laboutins" or something. I made eye contact with the only other straight guy at the table and we both just shrugged.

  8. #38
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Ah, brands. I'm ashamed to say that I had to google "*********" to find out what that was. I was never good at being a girl.

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Everybody's a geek for something. It just depends on if you can speak the language. The other night I was at a dinner table that included a couple ladies and a gay man. They were gabbing about a pair of shoes like it was Christmas morning and a birthday all at once. They were called "laboutins" or something. I made eye contact with the only other straight guy at the table and we both just shrugged.
    There's still somewhat of a distinction between various hobbies though. At some level, the end goal of all fashion is still to appeal to guys. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to impress any girls with my knowledge of the fundamental differences between the one-gap 4-3 defense and the two-gap 3-4 defense.

  10. #40
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    There's still somewhat of a distinction between various hobbies though. At some level, the end goal of all fashion is still to appeal to guys. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to impress any girls with my knowledge of the fundamental differences between the one-gap 4-3 defense and the two-gap 3-4 defense.
    Maybe not impress, but as much as I hear "real men" are in short supply she might think "This one has potential".

  11. #41
    ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Bridge
    Posts
    3,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I sort of have this theory right now that just as a standalone product, comics were NEVER a sustainable industry. The Golden Age boom was only made possible because comics served as a nice front for bootlegging activity, and there were all kinds of distribution shenanigans before the advent of the direct market. Of course, after that took off, most of the sales were fueled by speculation, and that's not coming back either. It's simple really, 20 pages of colored pictures a month take quite a bit of effort to produce, but you get through it really quickly and don't usually get more value out of it than what you pay. The only way comics can really survive is if they are used as a loss leader to sell other stuff, or get packed full of ads that can cover the costs without having to charge an exorbitant cover price.

    People don't usually wear socks with heels, eh? I dunno, I've never worn them. Come to think of it, does Emma usually wear stockings under her thigh highs? These are important questions that I need answered.
    You don't wear socks with heels. You can wear nude color nylons to cover your feet during the winter but NOT socks..unless you're 5 and the shoes are too big.

    The superhero woman probably wear nylons or something tech-wise so that their feet don't sweat in all that leather....eek.

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I still don't understand how girls can even walk wearing the long fuck me boots. I guess for comic book characters it's practically a required superpower, so they have no problems with it.
    I don't get how wearing boots makes men think that women want to have sex with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Maybe not impress, but as much as I hear "real men" are in short supply she might think "This one has potential".
    Personally, it's a huge turn off for me if a prospective mate doesn't know a thing about dressing nice. I know I'm the typical sweatshirt/sweatpants college kid, but I know how to dress in appropriate settings. So a guy who knows how to dress is a big plus for me. I'm really picky about jeans...so I'd probably get him a nice $100 pair if he doesn't have any nice jeans. It's not a deal breaker, but it's definitely something he would have to work on if we considered dating.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 09-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

  12. #42
    ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Bridge
    Posts
    3,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    There's still somewhat of a distinction between various hobbies though. At some level, the end goal of all fashion is still to appeal to guys. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to impress any girls with my knowledge of the fundamental differences between the one-gap 4-3 defense and the two-gap 3-4 defense.
    PS 4-3 defense > 3-4 defense.

    I really hope the Pats keep up their 4-3...it worked nicely for them last year.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    You don't wear socks with heels. You can wear nude color nylons to cover your feet during the winter but NOT socks..unless you're 5 and the shoes are too big.

    The superhero woman probably wear nylons or something tech-wise so that their feet don't sweat in all that leather....eek.

    I don't get how wearing boots makes men think that women want to have sex with them.
    Gah, now I sound like an asshole, though to be fair, I first heard of that term from a girl.

    I do recall that the actors from the X-Men films bitched that they could barely move in those leather costumes, much less pull off action scenes. More practical my ass, maybe they SHOULD have just stuck with the yellow spandex. I guess that's why Toad was such a badass, he didn't have to bother with any of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    PS 4-3 defense > 3-4 defense.

    I really hope the Pats keep up their 4-3...it worked nicely for them last year.
    I think the 3-4 fad really came about because it's easier to find personnel for it, especially if you don't have any guys who fit the prototypical pass rushing DE mold. *But the 4-3 is more effective in general just because it's so much easier on the linemen to just rush upfield than to worry about having to read run plays all the time. *I remember when Albert Haynesworth came to the Redskins he bitched nonstop about that to the point that they ended up trading him.*

  14. #44
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    I love women in boots too.

    Superheroine can fly, read others' minds, turn themselves into other forms, unleashed fatal fireblasts… moving quickly and agilely with leather boots is easy to them lol...
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  15. #45
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I do recall that the actors from the X-Men films bitched that they could barely move in those leather costumes, much less pull off action scenes. More practical my ass, maybe they SHOULD have just stuck with the yellow spandex. I guess that's why Toad was such a badass, he didn't have to bother with any of that.
    What kind of material is Emma's costume supposed to be? It doesn't look leather so I guess it's fairly practical (except for the cape). Not that she needs it to be, of course.

    If Marvel really wanted characters to wear more practical costumes, they'd have them wear loose-fitting t-shirts and sweats. Right now, even Luke Cage's outfit looks impractical. I mean, look how tight his shirt is!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •