Page 316 of 568 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 8507

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    It's an interesting idea, that the power loss they've suffered breeds insecurity in their own psyches about their presumed superiority over the flatscan scum, which they compensate for by promoting an extreme mutant supremacist agenda in the form of this grand revolution. But yikes Bendis, comparing your own shitty creations to Nightcrawler? Not a good look.
    The psychological bit is actually a good point. They have lost a lot of their mutant powers, at the same time they are trying to lead other mutant powers-- it's a revolution and their place in it is sorta uncertain. But I think the the revolutionary angle is a bit played up. What is the purpose of this revolution? Really? People in the MU are "used" to super-powers.
    Also, I want to know how Cyclops feels about the red skull. The red skull is killing all of Cyclops' new mutants. It's sad. But Cyclops wanted to be right. He forcefully drafted a lot of people into his war, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    ugh… bad news! Recasting a better actress, say, Charlize Theron (<3) as Emma would be perfect, but it sounds like that Emma isn't going to be in DoFP. JJ's performance was not good, but it's way better than nothing. I hope this piece of news is not true.
    You know... I only saw bits and pieces of first class, but it seems not many people liked January Jones in the movie. Charlize Theron would be great, but this doesn't seem like a plot she'd have much of a place in.

It'll be interesting see how Scott will react to Havok

Here is a poll on our all-time favorite female X-Men.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=119

Never expected that Emma would win at those poll but I still voted for her .

The funny thing is that at least 1,000 users (?) have voted in only one hour… (proxy servers are all tied up now lol).
    Last edited by airdreams; 01-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It'll be interesting see how Scott will react to Havok
    That's probably gonna be in the Cable book... I read two issues and decided it wasn't really for me. I do want the Uncanny X-men to meet the Uncanny Avengers though. I must see what happens when Wanda meets Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    That's probably gonna be in the Cable book... I read two issues and decided it wasn't really for me. I do want the Uncanny X-men to meet the Uncanny Avengers though. I must see what happens when Wanda meets Magneto.
    I'd like to see it too. Scarlet Witch and Magneto, Rogue and Magneto, Havok and Cyclops, Wolverine and Cyclops, Thor and Emma (their fight in AvX)… it will be full of drama.

The funny thing is that at least 1,000 users (?) have voted in only one hour… (proxy servers are all tied up now lol).
    Already voted for Emma. Many thanks!! :-)

Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Possibly along with Hope and T.Jean

I'm sure we'll see a lot of UXM crossovers into ANXM as well.

I have a feeling both books will have their own fair share of run ins with each other and other groups like the UA and so forth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Why are you posting this in here?

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

ugh… bad news! Recasting a better actress, say, Charlize Theron (<3) as Emma would be perfect, but it sounds like that Emma isn't going to be in DoFP. JJ's performance was not good, but it's way better than nothing. I hope this piece of news is not true.
    Oh my goodness...I'm glad Emma is not in it. Emma wasn't really noticeable enough in XMFC, but she got the most media attention, but the way they treated the character was just embarrassing and JJ needed some caffeine.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

I have unleashed the dogs. Emma will win!

Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Oh my goodness...I'm glad Emma is not in it. Emma wasn't really noticeable enough in XMFC, but she got the most media attention, but the way they treated the character was just embarrassing and JJ needed some caffeine.
    But playing a role in a blockbuster can make her even more famous and popular in the general public…

Actually I think many comic characters needn't be really featured in movies, all they need is just to appear in and show audiences how awesome their powers are. If people feel "oh that guy was bad-ass, I wanna read comics about him" after watching the films, then the aims are achieved. Storm, Rogue and Jean are very popular among comic reader of course, but I do believe they become increasingly well-known to non-comic readers after the X-Men movies releasing; they are known by people who don't really follow the X-comics. Then Matthew Effect spreads. That's why I think even though JJ as Emma in XMFC was bad but it's still good news for Emma as a comic character...

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    lol January Jones probably won't return for XMFC.........

http://emmafrostfiles.com/2013/01/ja...s-future-past/
    Noooooooooo. I was really looking forward to DOFP Emma. That way Singer could've cast Sigourney Weaver, as she was his original Emma choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Why are you posting this in here?
    Classic jgg fap znoppery. What else?

So with yesterday's interview from bendis on AoU and learning that it is within continuity...... it poses the question how will Emma be affected along with the UXM and ANXM in general

i want to see January Jones return as her but it looks unlikely ;l
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”