Page 306 of 568 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 8513

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    You can't really blame the writing though, just by its very nature Scemma was meant to be a finite thing. The entire purpose of the relationship was that Cyclops needed someone to stroke his ego and Emma needed a way to climb the X-Men hierarchy so their partnership was mutually beneficial. Perhaps some lust was involved, but it wasn't love by any stretch of the imagination. After the whole power structure came crashing down in AvX, there was no real need to continue on except in a professional capacity.
    If it weren't for Astonishing I'd have to agree with you.

Sadly that was probably the only time where the Scott / Emma relationship was written in a way where it did right by both characters.

Ultron better had brought his adamantium body or Emma will punch through his face!!

I genuinely believed Scott and Emma truly loved each other, and would stick it to the long haul, bickering and fornicating all the way

Eh

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, we can blame the writing because there could have been a different approach with the same results you mentioned. There are so many things in the MU that have been ridiculous fanboy fanwank. The friggin' 80s and 90s were better than this, and you think the fanboy wank would get better....

And don't get me started on Magneto's demise from the hands of boosting Cyclops' character....

Anyways, I've been focusing more on other things such as video games and action figures Emma has been appearing in!! So excited for Marvel Heroes, and did anyone hear they're making Lego Marvel Super Heroes?? The Batman Lego 2 is wicked fun and quite an open world for a kid's game. They say Lego Marvel will have over 100 characters so there's a good chance she'll be in it. Maybe they have forums and we can start a request thread and see how popular the demand for Emma is. A Lego Emma Frost would be awesome....

Batman Lego 2 was the first to include voices instead of those weird grunts, so maybe we'll get voicing for Emma as well (if she's in the game).

Harry Potter Lego was mindblowing even if the characters were basically all the same with powers

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Silva View Post
    I genuinely believed Scott and Emma truly loved each other, and would stick it to the long haul, bickering and fornicating all the way

Eh
    Emma loved Scott deeply; Scott truly loved Emma too, but never in a way that he loved Jean; thanks to AvX to make it clear. Not anyone's fault of course, things just happened.
    Last edited by airdreams; 01-17-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Ultron better had brought his adamantium body or Emma will punch through his face!!
    If its possible for her.

Hmmmm...but a traitor to who?

Bendis said that the thought bubble buffet in ANX 6 yesterday contained an upcoming plot element. The only thing that stood out in that regard to me was Emma's name.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Emma loved Scott deeply; Scott truly loved Emma too, but never in a way that he loved Jean; thanks to AvX to make it clear. Not anyone's fault of course, things just happened.
    It makes me so mad that their break up revolved totally around AvX. The least they could do is let Gillen work his usual magic in UXM or consequences.

I hope Emma is the traitor.
    My Canon > Your Canon

I thought Benjamin would be the traitor before but now my bet is on Emma. Teaming up with Beast and Wolverine in AoU, keeping contact with someone in JGS… it's obvious.

That would be a bit too obvious, wouln´t it?

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    That would be a bit too obvious, wouln´t it?
    but not every cliffhanger has its swerve…

At first I thought it should be Emma to be the traitor, but I remember reading something about how Emma and Cyclops still function as a team even after breaking up the relationship.. so I predict its Magneto
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

Generation X Classic vol 2 came out today. Makes me sad to remember when Emma was written well.
    My Canon > Your Canon