Page 303 of 567 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 8505
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Not just writers, but inculding editors, and even fans. After all it has nothing to do with characters, which are all fictional.
    A character is more than ink and paper, she's an idea that stands for something that if played right ends up becoming bigger than the writers or even the company. If you say that you didn't like the way Emma talked in ANXM #3, that's just criticizing Bendis. But if you say you don't like Emma because she's a stuck up bitch, then that has nothing to do with the writer and everything to do with the character.

True, but I've said above I get why people hate certain characters right?

What I'm talking about is the character development. In the case of Emma/Scott, it of course can be portrayed as a balance relationship (Whedon's AXM), but at the same time, it was very one-side too (Yost's work). It depended on who created the story.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

LOL, The absolute gall of a Cy Clops Clanner coming in here wanting us to give kudos to Cyclops like hes owed or something.

Please.

Cyclops is lucky that Emma was used to boost his standings. It wasn't till Emma was on his arms that people took him seriously. He was goody goody before Emma. Emma brought out this so called revolutionary and he'd be shit without her. Emma has been used as the tool to lift Cyclops up IMHO and without her doing so, he wouldn't be where he is today. Morrison made her an awesome character and shes been a bad B ever since. Shes been connected to the Marvel greats of the world and always involved in their projects. It was Emma as the sole mutant female on the cabal. It was Emma who met Tony stark and Norman waay back when in the hellfire club. It was Emma who turned down Xaviers first team of mutants to save the O5 from Krakoa and its Emma that is one of the last standing heroes in the New Age of Ultron.

Emma is a bad B and Cyclops is totally riding her coattails to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    ... its Emma that is one of the last standing heroes in the New Age of Ultron.
    Any news on it? Not sure if Emma will be one of the last standing heroes but Bendis said that list was not real

But that synopsis blurb seems very official!

Regardless now...

Emma
    Wanda
    Jean
    Psylocke
    Scott
    Logan
    T.Scott
    Capt. America
    Tony Stark
    Hope

Are the most interesting characters currently in the MU whether you love them or hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So Emma name is mentioned more than twice in ANXM#6 as part of T.Jean sporadic TP bursts.

So I'm thinking either someone is thinking of her or at least trying to contact her at the JGS and isn't getting any response.
    I'm wondering who tried to contact Emma in ANXM #6. The Cuckoos were those who said "Can you hear me, Miss Frost", they would never call her "Emma", so perhaps that's another telepath in JGS.

QQ? Buy I guess he’d call Emma "Miss Frost" too; Rachel? Psylocke?

Any news on it? Not sure if Emma will be one of the last standing heroes but Bendis said that list was not real

But that synopsis blurb seems very official!
    Well the synopsis does sound correct. I mean Moonknight, Emma and Taskmaster should be there and we know Wolverine and Spiderman will be there. Also its Bendis so hell yeah to Cage. I think the list is pretty legit.

I'm wondering who tried to contact Emma in ANXM #6. The Cuckoos were those who said "Can you hear me, Miss Frost", they would never call her "Emma", so perhaps that's another telepath in JGS.

So does this make Emma the "mole'. Seems more feasible now that you think about it. That talk between Emma and Kitty may be a bit deeper than I thought.

What blurb?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    What blurb?
    "Ultron, a deadly sentient robot created by founding Avenger Hank Pym who turned on his creator to achieve his twisted objective…the utter destruction of humanity. Now that Ultron has conquered, enslaving most of the world’s Super Heroes, it’s up to a small group of resistance fighters—including Invisible Woman, Taskmaster, Beast, Emma Frost, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Spider-Man, Wolverine and Moon Knight—to find a way overcome darkness and bring hope back a world that has suddenly lost everything."

The cuckoos more than likely.

Psylocke & Rachel don't like nor get along with Emma

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    How is what I said not relevant to what you said? You previously stated that Emma's appearance is due to her being attached to Cyclops or else she'd be dead or in limbo following the demise of Gen X, so it sounded like you were implying that Emma's growth is all thanks to Cyclops.
    lol. Are you serious? Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The 3 posts i originally quoted contained complaints and implications that Emma wouldn't be in ''X-Men'' because Cyclops was holding her back. Which is obviously fanboi based butthurt of the highest order. My point is that due to her inherent connection to Cyclops she's awarded much more opportunities as a character than she would be if they never become a couple. Irregardless of the semantics or whatever, this is a fact.

It's a pretty simple statement so i don't understand why you're so confused.

You then went into TL;DR mode on some random tangent that i don't really give a shit about? I never brought up her characterization, and i don't have any real interest in getting into a circular pointless argument about it either. It's been done to death long before you became a regular poster on this forum. Good luck finding any post by me saying that Emma has been a good character in the last 2-3 years.

So yeah, i guess we were talking about two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    LOL, The absolute gall of a Cy Clops Clanner coming in here wanting us to give kudos to Cyclops like hes owed or something.

Please.

Cyclops is lucky that Emma was used to boost his standings. It wasn't till Emma was on his arms that people took him seriously. He was goody goody before Emma. Emma brought out this so called revolutionary and he'd be shit without her. Emma has been used as the tool to lift Cyclops up IMHO and without her doing so, he wouldn't be where he is today. Morrison made her an awesome character and shes been a bad B ever since. Shes been connected to the Marvel greats of the world and always involved in their projects. It was Emma as the sole mutant female on the cabal. It was Emma who met Tony stark and Norman waay back when in the hellfire club. It was Emma who turned down Xaviers first team of mutants to save the O5 from Krakoa and its Emma that is one of the last standing heroes in the New Age of Ultron.

Emma is a bad B and Cyclops is totally riding her coattails to stay relevant.
    lol.
    Last edited by Optic Rage; 01-16-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Will this is quickly devolving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The cuckoos more than likely.

Psylocke & Rachel don't like nor get along with Emma
    Yea I think the Cuckoos were trying to contacting Emma, but it seems there was another one who was saying "Emma" in his/her mind (Cuckoos always call her "Miss Frost").

Bendis dialogue, Emma in ANXM#3 wasn't speaking In her faux British accent

Hell humpries is doing the same with Betsy

We are taking for granted that there is a telepath trying to reach Emma. However it may be that she remains a telepath herself and that sheŽs been hiding it all along... because it is not like Emma to hide info and to lie if that fits her purposes ;-) So, the question would be.. is she the mole and they are contacting her to update about Cyclops, Magneto etc.. or they have a mole in the academy?...