Page 286 of 567 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 8505

I wish she'd took a break from the fight and focused on training the new mutants. In the E-team they were all experienced fighters, the new guys can't even throw a punch. At the same time I'd like something different than Xavier's - Emma and Cyclops' stint as headmasters was a start, but they should take it a step further.
    [x]

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Happy new year!

And… does anyone know what happened to Storm when she's under Bendis' pen? It's said that Bendis professed that there was going to be a story that focused on her point of view after she joined the Avengers but in the end, nothing happened.

Considering what he said about Emma (plenty of her front and center) but actually seemed to not have many plans for her, I'm worried about it now...
    Hh! That's pretty much what she constantly thrusts at the world... Her exposed "Front and center".
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-01-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I wish she'd took a break from the fight and focused on training the new mutants. In the E-team they were all experienced fighters, the new guys can't even throw a punch. At the same time I'd like something different than Xavier's - Emma and Cyclops' stint as headmasters was a start, but they should take it a step further.

Emma's mind set is somewhat clear and I'm not doubting she'll aid in the training but other than that I think she'll be someone to keep our eyes on. Her final line in ANXM#3 "We Belong in prison" left a lot to be desired.

Happy new year everyone. This has probably been posted before, but I'm too lazy to check and I'm kinda loving and feeling nostalgic now.

Varian for issue 6 of ANXM

Knowing that the regular cover is Kitty with the Prof X shadow, I'm expecting this issue to be an establishment of the team's purpose. A new team of teenagers with an assertive headmistress.

Of course I know we have to wait and see... but I guess we can make some conjectures about Emma according to what Bendis did to other female characters before. I just saw a Storm fan expressed his discontent over Bendis while talking about his Storm and the lip service.
    The difference between Storm and Emma is that Storm was a mandate, and as far as I know, while Bendis has expressed liking her, he never really had an interest in writing her. She was pushed into the Avengers Franchise in either an attempt to try and market her and Black Panther Further or united the A and X worlds better. However, these plans clearly changed throughout AvX, since she, Logan and Beast were supposed to have these big moral dilemas through out the story but didn't really get as much screen time to develop beyond some lines (Yes, Logan got plenty of screentime, but he really didn't evolve in the story, just kept saying the same thing for 12 issues). Storm was disserviced because there wasn't really an attempt to integrate her in the story, she was pretty much a guest star in most of the stories she appeared in (That I read or seen scans of here), so it's no surprise she got treated second hand to the people who were already the stars of the show. Many also, wrongly, assumed that going to the Avengers means going to the big leagues, when the realistic outcome (at least before Now) is that they would play sidekicks to the A-team. Storm fans were just expecting too much of something that was doom to fail.

As for other females? Well, Wanda is the big one that Bendis screwed over. But while he basically wrote her character into a corner, she pretty much became instally famous, whether you hate her or love her or barely know her, you're familiar with what she means. And right now, Decimation and the following stories is playing a big part in her current characterization (which has been one of the two only good ones in that awful book she's in).

The other would be Spiderwoman, who he has basically ditched post Secret Invasion, but when he was writing her (or actually when he was writing Queen Veranke) he gave her a pretty complex and interesting character. Spiderwoman and her subsequent road to betrayal was a big reason why I loved New Avengers.

I'll admit, that because I'm so far liking ANXM and because I expected it to be much worse AND because I'm loving the art A LOT, I'm taking a huge leap of faith with Bendis, but I don't think he'll do wrong with Emma, especially now that he's tested the waters as far as how he can go about with the x-fanbase with what happened with House of M. I think they're intentionally putting Emma in rock bottom, in a similar way she was at the start of Gen X but with a higher scale for lots of reasons, to built her back up. If you look at it, the same can be said about the whole E-Team. Bendis needed to start from scratch without starting from scratch, so he took everyone's comfort (With Magik he gave her more toys, but that just means discomfort for everyone around her) and now they have to adapt. I that's more exciting than everyone running back to the school or retiring.

Which UXM gives me that vibe to an extent. NA/DA I think Bendis has big plans for Emma but we have to wait for the set up.

To bad that's just a variant for ANXM. I get the strangest feeling with all the interviews that Bendis has given I get the biggest impression that most of his energy will be on T.Jean and ANXM.

I think Bendis can write women when he wants to. His teen Jean has been pretty solid so far. And UXM so far looks like it'll have an even gender split so there's a good opportunity for others to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think Bendis can write women when he wants to. His teen Jean has been pretty solid so far. And UXM so far looks like it'll have an even gender split so there's a good opportunity for others to shine.
    Yea this.

I think currently it's just.... at least from the X side which characters are carrying the most weight. (logan, T.Jean, R.Cyke, T.Cyke, Emma, Mag.Yana, Beast, Y.Beast, and Kitty)

I'm actually liking the parallelism of Kitty of her 616 self and 1610 self.

I think this will be a good year for Kitty fans.

Thank you xhx23x!

I know little about Bendis (only have read his work on X-Men related and crossover events) so a lot of complaints and criticisms against him, especially to female characters under his pen made me worry about Emma… but I actually liked what he did to her in HoM and NA Sentry arc, and him putting Emma in an interesting environment that she's never been in before really piqued my curiosity.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I hope to see that too, but I'm not sure whether the so-called new Xavier School will really open or not (Weapon X looks like more of a headquarters than a school). Scott seems to support the JGS and the revolution needs "soldiers" instead of "students"… but I'll be pleased if Emma can take the tutor role of new mutants who join them.

Didn't find Emma in the scene of building the new Cerebro. She was probably deliberately avoiding it (if so Bendis seems to be very meticulous in details), or she was helping them here but just didn't appear on the panel… or perhaps she's doing her own thing while others were busying themselves with the new Cerebro?

So good to see Kitty, instead of Wolverine, inheriting Xavier's helm. And it's funny when I read that the first image clicked in my brain was this lol:

Didn't find Emma in the scene of building the new Cerebro. She was probably deliberately avoiding it (if so Bendis seems to be very meticulous in details), or she was helping them here but just didn't appear on the panel… or perhaps she's doing her own thing while others were busying themselves with the new Cerebro?
    In that image Erik and Illyana were doing all the heavy lifting. While seeing Emma swinging a hammer would have been amusing it wasn't particularly necessary. Do we even know for sure that they're building a Cerebro there?

Edit: actually if you look in the lower corner you see two figures carrying cable. Probably the new recruits. Perhaps Emma was on the iPad looking for new mutants.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 01-02-2013 at 11:00 AM.

In that image Erik and Illyana were doing all the heavy lifting. While seeing Emma swinging a hammer would have been amusing it wasn't particularly necessary. Do we even know for sure that they're building a Cerebro there?

Edit: actually if you look in the lower corner you see two figures carrying cable. Probably the new recruits. Perhaps Emma was on the iPad looking for new mutants.
    Lol, good question! They are might be building other equipments. But if it's really the new Cerebro, her absence probably means something.

Do we even know for sure that they're building a Cerebro there?
    It certanly looks like one.

I wouldn't expect Emma to do any heavy lifting, especially if she's still pissed at Cyclops. If it's a Cerebro, she'll test it once it's complete.
    [x]