Page 282 of 567 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 8500

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

Also, Facebook players, Emma's out, she's 200 CPs and her Phoenix Five Outfits are also out too for anyone who didn't get them. She'll be sold for the next 6 days.
    Damn, I only have 23 CPs

I wish they re-work the CP distribution at times.

That's how I felt a bit. A second read through showed me that while a lot of the character interaction was fun many of the events like the cure and Breakworld were kind of inconsequential. And the X-Men taking on more public enemies was something I wanted to see them try more of but that theme lasted all of what, three issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Damn, I only have 23 CPs

I wish they re-work the CP distribution at times.
    Well they got to make money somehow. Though it gets easier to get CP as you level up and replay missions with epic bosses. Chapter 4 Mission 4 is the shortest, so the best one to do over and over. You just need Storm.
    Last edited by xhx23x; 12-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    That's how I felt a bit. A second read through showed me that while a lot of the character interaction was fun many of the events like the cure and Breakworld were kind of inconsequential. And the X-Men taking on more public enemies was something I wanted to see them try more of but that theme lasted all of what, three issues?
    I think the delays come to mind with this particular issue. I mean, there were all these things going on with Decimation and the preludes to Messiah Complex, yet Astonishing was pretty much isolated. To the point where the other books weren't allowed to react to Kitty's "death" till later.

I think the delays come to mind with this particular issue. I mean, there were all these things going on with Decimation and the preludes to Messiah Complex, yet Astonishing was pretty much isolated. To the point where the other books weren't allowed to react to Kitty's "death" till later.
    Which was odd because Astonishing was supposed to be the flagship title for the line after New X-Men. The other titles weren't doing anything of note that I remember. The delays really killed the momentum for me. I ended up dropping comics altogether for a while before Kitty even got stuck in the bullet.

And didn't Kitty's "departure" actually get spoiled in another story due to those delays?

I'm a complete Whedon fan, but I don't think his Astonishing was the best thing in the world either. I liked it, and I certainly read it more than twice, but I always say that I enjoy it as a Joss story, but not sure how I feel about it as an X-Story. Not sure it that makes sense. There were certain stuff that were done in a pretty great way, particularly how the characters related to each other (No, not the banter, but like the Emma/Scott dynamic was interesting, he sold me on them actually falling for each other in their messed up way). I think the major problem it had too much nostalgia shoved for the sake of it. I think anyone can enjoy it for what it is, and Cassaday's art was stellar (unlike the pile of shit in that new book).

Also, Facebook players, Emma's out, she's 200 CPs and her Phoenix Five Outfits are also out too for anyone who didn't get them. She'll be sold for the next 6 days.
    It's weird, I'd just say the reverse of what you said "I'm not a big Whedon fan but I loved AXM and thought it was one of the greatest things ever, especially as an X story!"

And hey, what gives? Cassaday's work on Uncanny Avengers is just fine, the writing is just a bit slow. Though I must say I'm enjoying the book. I have mixed feelings about Cassaday being taken off.

Edit-- Thanks for the info about Emma. I'll have to check that out.

Ariwl1

I don't remember Kitty's departure being spoiled due to the delays. I remember there were major arguments over at SuperHeroHype over who was dying (I was at hype at that time, under a different name... that's where I know DarthCyclopz from actually)
    Last edited by Goldgeller; 12-26-2012 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    And hey, what gives? Cassaday's work on Uncanny Avengers is just fine, the writing is just a bit slow. Though I must say I'm enjoying the book. I have mixed feelings about Cassaday being taken off.
    Cassaday has accomplished the impossible in Uncanny Avengers - he's actually managed to make the Scarlet Witch look ugly, and is taking his sweet time to boot. Good riddance I say. I hope the first thing Acuna does when he comes on is to revamp all those horrid costume designs. I'd also prefer not to have to read about Havok, or Cap, or Thor, or Wolverine, or Rogue. Make it happen Marvel.

Well they got to make money somehow. Though it gets easier to get CP as you level up and replay missions with epic bosses. Chapter 4 Mission 4 is the shortest, so the best one to do over and over. You just need Storm.
    Yea, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Which was odd because Astonishing was supposed to be the flagship title for the line after New X-Men. The other titles weren't doing anything of note that I remember. The delays really killed the momentum for me. I ended up dropping comics altogether for a while before Kitty even got stuck in the bullet.

And didn't Kitty's "departure" actually get spoiled in another story due to those delays?
    See I ended up waiting for the Omnibus to drop for AXM

in terms of Cassady's art I never was a big fan of it much like Chris Bachelo's

what's killing cassaday for me is his lazy work with proportioms and action scenes. They,re just awkward. Last issue was full of rogue action yet it was so stilted. And the colors are not working with the style.

The kitty thing was partially spoiled because messiah complex ran before astonishing ended and she was missing and not mentioned. It was clear she was gone

Currently training my Wanda to be at level 8, and Soon Jean will follow suit.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have Emma. By then I hope my Agent level will be above 20 as I'm currently at 19

I really love Cassaday's art. Emma (and almost everyone) under his pen was by no means "pretty" (sexy body aside, her face was constructed in a more masculine way) but sometimes one expression on her face overshadowed all dialogue. The same goes for Quitely's. That's why I love the cover of NXM #116… the insolence on her face was priceless.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

It was spoiled in Messiah Complex and Brubakers Divided We Stand Uncanny X-Men issue where Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler go drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It was spoiled in Messiah Complex and Brubakers Divided We Stand Uncanny X-Men issue where Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler go drinking.
    i thought the uncanny issue came out after

i thought the uncanny issue came out after
    Uncanny X-Men 495 came out in April, Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men came out in May.

Just got Emma and her P5 out fit... and with my MK maxed out I'm thinking of sending her out on some 24hr missions for 50xp.

I'm now in the vibranium league and with 40Cp I'm thinking of recruiting Kitty.