Page 270 of 567 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 8495

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I think we had some variation on this generally during AvX. The interviews get me hyped. It's a double-edged sword of course-- sometimes dashed expectations are worse than no expectations, as Nikbackm stated. For better or worse, an interview gives me something to think about between issues. The major value of the interview is that it gives an insight into the creative process: "what were you trying to achieve?" "Why this way as opposed to some other way?" For me, it really shows me how rich comics can be as a manner of expression.
    What I hope to read are not the spoilers or hints about following stories but the analysis of Emma's character by writers, and according to it we can speculate or just guess what will happen to Emma – it has a lot of fun I think. Everyone has his own interpretation of course but it's still good to see the one made by writers who's written her. Fans love creators on their favorite characters.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Editing!!!!

Haha, that's true as well. As much as I complained during the interviews, I really did enjoy the "behind the scenes" peeks into AvX whenever we'd get them. And I've enjoyed Bendis' interviews. Millar always gives good interviews whenever he gets around to it. There are a few writers who try way too hard and come off like you said, but I won't name names.
    I don't mind behind scenes but how lazy or inept does one have to be to explain story issues/inconsistencies?
    Look how I got into a recent argument over Emma losing TP which at least to me was straight forward and we need interviews and twitter to justify.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    What I hope to read are not the spoilers or hints about following stories but the analysis of Emma's character by writers, and according to it we can speculate or just guess what will happen to Emma – it has a lot of fun I think. Everyone has his own interpretation of course but it's still good to see the one made by writers who's written her. Fans love creators on their favorite characters.
    I hope for both. Well, let me clarify-- there is an artful spoiler that can get everyone talking-- how does "so and so end up doing this?" And then suddenly you say to yourself, "well now I've got to read the book." This has happened to me a bunch of times. But don't read me saying "spoiler" and interpret that as "synopsis" or "explanation."

I do want to know why the writers of any of the characters decided to go in one direction or another. We all have ranges of acceptability for characterization. So it would be interesting to know what the writers are thinking about and what they decided to cut and why-- they mysteries of not only the creative process but also the editing process. I think it's something to go on between issues, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I don't mind behind scenes but how lazy or inept does one have to be to explain story issues/inconsistencies?
    Look how I got into a recent argument over Emma losing TP which at least to me was straight forward and we need interviews and twitter to justify.
    I must admit I didn't see the argument over Emma losing TP. I'll go back a few pages

As far as that goes, I simply took at face value what I read in the pages (for better or for worse).

But inconsistencies sometimes crop up due to no fault of the writer. It depends on the inconsistency I guess. Same goes for story issues-- did the writer simply "miss it" or does he not consider it a story issue? If not, why not? It's not a deal breaker for me honestly. If a writer wants to get on a board and mix it up a bit and go to the mat for their story, that's totally fine.

We will be he here going back and forth either way right? At issue is "why did this happen, and what happens next." Now, if the writer giving a behind the scenes breaks the fantasy of the character, maybe that's an argument against BTS, but that's more person to person.
    Last edited by Goldgeller; 12-14-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Yea Fraction's Emma was just bad, but that's not the point here… Fraction and his X-Men run were all mentioned by Bendis when he was talking about the dramatic evolution of Emma’s character and was asked which X-Men stories he would regard as "benchmarks". Probably means nothing though.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Yea Fraction's Emma was just bad, but that's not the point here… Fraction and his X-Men run were all mentioned by Bendis when he was talking about the dramatic evolution of Emma’s character and was asked which X-Men stories he would regard as "benchmarks". Probably means nothing though.
    I don't want to open a can of worms, but I thought Fraction did, on average, a good job with Emma. There were ups and downs to his Emma, but on the balance I think he did a good job.

I hope for both. Well, let me clarify-- there is an artful spoiler that can get everyone talking-- how does "so and so end up doing this?" And then suddenly you say to yourself, "well now I've got to read the book." This has happened to me a bunch of times. But don't read me saying "spoiler" and interpret that as "synopsis" or "explanation."

I do want to know why the writers of any of the characters decided to go in one direction or another. We all have ranges of acceptability for characterization. So it would be interesting to know what the writers are thinking about and what they decided to cut and why-- they mysteries of not only the creative process but also the editing process. I think it's something to go on between issues, at any rate.

I must admit I didn't see the argument over Emma losing TP. I'll go back a few pages

As far as that goes, I simply took at face value what I read in the pages (for better or for worse).

But inconsistencies sometimes crop up due to no fault of the writer. It depends on the inconsistency I guess. Same goes for story issues-- did the writer simply "miss it" or does he not consider it a story issue? If not, why not? It's not a deal breaker for me honestly. If a writer wants to get on a board and mix it up a bit and go to the mat for their story, that's totally fine.

We will be he here going back and forth either way right? At issue is "why did this happen, and what happens next." Now, if the writer giving a behind the scenes breaks the fantasy of the character, maybe that's an argument against BTS, but that's more person to person.

I'm to the point I could care less for inconsistencies cause they will always be there. It's the retcons I guess is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I'm to the point I could care less for inconsistencies cause they will always be there. It's the retcons I guess is the problem.
    I don't know. A "no retcon" rule would help as much as it would hurt. It would help keep writers from doing something silly or overly drastic: "well, it will just be changed in two months anyways." But it would also hurt because well, why can't a writer "see" something in a page or an issue from many years ago and then run with it? It may create some errors in "continuity" here and there, but is it really that big a deal-- in exchange for a good issue here and now?

I'm usually not a HUGE stickler for continuity, particularly if it was something small. Since comics have established that retcons are fair game I don't mind if the use them if what they're retconning was stupid to begin with.

I'm not against retcons, just don't like them when they are applied poorly which is what we've been getting

I really liked the art in this issue.

I was so excited when I saw this in today's Axel-In-Charge column here on CBR, but then I was sad to see it's just an anniversary variant cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I really liked the art in this
    I loved it too. Not only the art, Fraction did a good job on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I was so excited when I saw this in today's Axel-In-Charge column here on CBR, but then I was sad to see it's just an anniversary variant cover.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...1355525753.jpg
    It's amazing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

http://www.comicbookresources.com/as...1355525753.jpg
    I'm really thinking this issue is going to be the history of the X-Men condensed to 20+ pages as seen by Jean. Should be a killer.