Page 269 of 568 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 8519

Once she killed her sister she took her assets I think

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    After reading some interviews like Hopeless on Domino, Bendis on the original five respectively, X-writers on Cyclops, on Rogue, on Storm, on Magneto and on Wolverine during the Schism happening… I'm desperately looking forward to seeing Bendis talking about how he thinks of Emma in detail before his Uncanny X-Men beginning.

Emma was mentioned in interviews several times before, but sadly, all of them took place in the discussion about the character development of Cyclops. I can only remember this one that talked about Emma alone, but actually Nick Lowe didn't say anything here.
    [url]
    Why? I think Bendis has said plenty about her already. It's preferable to get character development in the actual comic rather than in interviews, don't you think?

Maybe some writers have no room for such things along with the plot, but he is probably wordy enough to fit it in.

But it would have been interesting to get an X-Perts session with her while the X-Office still did those. Seems they have dropped them now.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post
    Why? I think Bendis has said plenty about her already. It's preferable to get character development in the actual comic rather than in interviews, don't you think?

Maybe some writers have no room for such things along with the plot, but he is probably wordy enough to fit it in.

But it would have been interesting to get an X-Perts session with her while the X-Office still did those. Seems they have dropped them now.

I completely agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Her sister died and she inhertied her multi-billion dollar company. She has 3 multi-billion dollar companies. Her own Frost International, her Dads Frost Ltd...or whatever it's called and her sisters was something completely left field.
    Thanks! I know she's still rich after that but I'm not sure whether or not writes showed how she became rich again on-panel.

Not enough for me (and I think he has just said that Emma will play a important role in the book and the new costume reflects who she sees herself as now...)

An X-Perts with her would be better of course.

We are definitely going to see what will happen to Emma in actual comics 'cause she's involved in the books. But I'd love to see Bendis or Nick Lowe or other writers who has written/will write her talking about Emma; that's like a guidebook to show how they planned her story before and imply how they will develop her character down the road.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Thanks! I know she's still rich after that but I'm not sure whether or not writes showed how she became rich again on-panel.
    There was an issue where she got a paper saying she inhertied her sisters fortune and where a detective came to investigate Adriennes death.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There was an issue where she got a paper saying she inhertied her sisters fortune and where a detective came to investigate Adriennes death.
    I just remember it's said that large amounts of Adrienne's currency was withdrawn in the final issue of Gen X…

Thanks!
    Last edited by airdreams; 12-13-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    That's the best one of those for Emma I've seen.
    That's my favorite too.

I found those two impressive but they're too much abstract I think.

That's my favorite too.

I found those two impressive but they're too much abstract I think.

http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/box_002/post...715bl01_lz.jpg

http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/628....339343057.jpg
    I really like the second 1.

Not enough for me (and I think he has just said that Emma will play a important role in the book and the new costume reflects who she sees herself as now...)

An X-Perts with her would be better of course.

We are definitely going to see what will happen to Emma in actual comics 'cause she's involved in the books. But I'd love to see Bendis or Nick Lowe or other writers who has written/will write her talking about Emma; that's like a guidebook to show how they planned her story before and imply how they will develop her character down the road.
    He also told a little about his overall take and intentions for her in connection with the minor controversy regarding how he portrayed her voice. Not an actual interview, but whatís the difference? Overall, Iíd say thatís more than enough.

I would not really mind reading some more extensive interviews either and would definitely not try to avoid them, but they are really quite a double-egged blade in a way. Far too easy for them to be either spoilery, pointless, not in line with what actually happens (has happened) or just raising expectations that will never be fulfilled in the comic. Better to go in and be pleasantly (hopefully) surprised rather than be waiting for something that might never happen.

PREVIEWSworld: What particular X-Men story (or stories) moved you to where you'd regard them as "benchmarks"?

Bendis: So many. I thought Matt Fraction brought nothing but fun and invention into the titles. Those three word descriptions of all the characters is something I desperately want to steal every day. I am also a huge fan of the John Byrne and Paul Smith years — superhero soap opera at its finest. And, dear Lord, did I love Arthur Adams work on the Asgardian wars. People talk about Chris Claremont's longevity on the titles, but I think what people should really focus on is his revolutionary idea of making the mutants about modern racism in this world. He brought that to it. And that is an idea that can be examined from all different angles.
    http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...ticleID=129158

Lol I know what inspired Bendis and Bachalo to decide giving Emma the black costume (JK).

I saw someone asked why Kieron Gillen wasn't mentioned when Bendis talked about there's so much going on with Emma. I thought that's simply because he needn't list all the writers, but well, perhaps it did hint something lol. At least during AvX, Bendis' Emma was kinda different from her under Gillen's pen…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis
    I thought Matt Fraction brought nothing into the titles.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

He also told a little about his overall take and intentions for her in connection with the minor controversy regarding how he portrayed her voice. Not an actual interview, but what’s the difference? Overall, I’d say that’s more than enough.

I would not really mind reading some more extensive interviews either and would definitely not try to avoid them, but they are really quite a double-egged blade in a way. Far too easy for them to be either spoilery, pointless, not in line with what actually happens (has happened) or just raising expectations that will never be fulfilled in the comic. Better to go in and be pleasantly (hopefully) surprised rather than be waiting for something that might never happen.

I agree but for some they need this for whatever reason and it seems very apparent on CBR forums

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I agree but for some they need this for whatever reason and it seems very apparent on CBR forums
    I think we had some variation on this generally during AvX. The interviews get me hyped. It's a double-edged sword of course-- sometimes dashed expectations are worse than no expectations, as Nikbackm stated. For better or worse, an interview gives me something to think about between issues. The major value of the interview is that it gives an insight into the creative process: "what were you trying to achieve?" "Why this way as opposed to some other way?" For me, it really shows me how rich comics can be as a manner of expression.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I think we had some variation on this generally during AvX. The interviews get me hyped. It's a double-edged sword of course-- sometimes dashed expectations are worse than no expectations, as Nikbackm stated. For better or worse, an interview gives me something to think about between issues. The major value of the interview is that it gives an insight into the creative process: "what were you trying to achieve?" "Why this way as opposed to some other way?" For me, it really shows me how rich comics can be as a manner of expression.
    Eh, I despise most of the creator interviews and Q&A's. Sure the medium does have great potential for artistry and creativity, but most things I read on CBR just make the creators seem crass and unsophisticated, spouting off self-important platitudes about the supposed impact and relevant of their work. Who knew that so much ponderous self-reflection was needed to produce twenty pages of empty dialogue and stalling every month?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Eh, I despise most of the creator interviews and Q&A's. Sure the medium does have great potential for artistry and creativity, but most things I read on CBR just make the creators seem crass and unsophisticated, spouting off self-important platitudes about the supposed impact and relevant of their work. Who knew that so much ponderous self-reflection was needed to produce twenty pages of empty dialogue and stalling every month?
    Haha, that's true as well. As much as I complained during the interviews, I really did enjoy the "behind the scenes" peeks into AvX whenever we'd get them. And I've enjoyed Bendis' interviews. Millar always gives good interviews whenever he gets around to it. There are a few writers who try way too hard and come off like you said, but I won't name names.