Page 266 of 568 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 8519

I hate Jim Lee's art.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I love how Xavier mentions Emma's villainy right before he says her Hellions got slaughtered. As if it was Emma's fault! She even asked the Xmen for help to protect the students, but the X-Men were too stuck up their asses, afraid she'd betray them. Then BOOM! Dead children.
    I'm not crazy about Xavier but in some ways Emma wasn't any better

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Emma and Rogue were friends :(

Carey told me that if he were still in legacy Emma will be a regular :(
    I miss Mike Carey

I love how Xavier mentions Emma's villainy right before he says her Hellions got slaughtered. As if it was Emma's fault! She even asked the Xmen for help to protect the students, but the X-Men were too stuck up their asses, afraid she'd betray them. Then BOOM! Dead children.
    Storm and the X-Men helped Emma to defend against Fitzroy and Sentinels... after two Hellions (Jetstream and Beef, IIRC) being killed. Perhaps the raid was too rapid to react, or they reacted too slowly due to their distrust in Emma.

poor Emma...

In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Storm and the X-Men helped Emma to defend against Fitzroy and Sentinels... after two Hellions (Jetstream and Beef, IIRC) being killed. Perhaps the raid was too rapid to react, or they reacted too slowly due to their distrust in Emma.

poor Emma...

The issue depicted a rapid pace ambush by Fitzroy who also brought along sentinels. His power was something akin to teleportation/time travel. Everyone tried to fight back but it ended up being like an early "End of Greys" where everyone gets slaughtered in just a few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The issue depicted a rapid pace ambush by Fitzroy who also brought along sentinels. His power was something akin to teleportation/time travel. Everyone tried to fight back but it ended up being like an early "End of Greys" where everyone gets slaughtered in just a few pages.
    I've read this issue. They did help Emma and the Hellions and well… mission failed. Emma was beaten in coma and her students were all slain.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I've read this issue. They did help Emma and the Hellions and well… mission failed. Emma was beaten in coma and her students were all slain.
    Emma put herself in a psychic coma to survive the Sentinel blast. It's mentioned in the issue when she wakes up.

Bendis Mutates "Uncanny X-Men"

Emma Frost -- I think the character has evolved dramatically over the past 10 or 15 years. … There's so much going on with her thanks to Grant Morrison, Joss Whedon, Matt and Ed -- there's so much going on with her." Bendis stated Emma's will be the most controversial of all the costume designs. "It will still express who she is physically, because it's an important part of her, but it'll be who she sees herself as."

http://blog.newsarama.com/2012/12/11...uncanny-x-men/

Speaking of Emma Frost, Bendis says that there’s “a lot more going on with her” then seen in the character’s early days, and that her outfit will reflect that. “It does reflect who she really is, rather than this other thing of how guys wanted her to be reflected. It will still reflect who she is physically, but it will be how she sees herself, and not how others perceive her.” Bendis points out that as a creator, when someone comes up to you in cosplay as Emma Frost, it’s “startling
    I'm wondering who Emma sees herself as.
    Last edited by airdreams; 12-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.

I'm glad bendis gave us some confirmation on cyke, Emma, and mags power being "crippled" so what learned us what we got but I get the feeling that what happens in AnXM 5 plays into effect of ANXM#9 and UXM#3

Damn it!!!! Isn't Feb. here yet.

So does this officially make Magik the most powerful member of the team? I can see that being very fun.

And he mentioned building toward the 50th Anniversary. Wonder if this will be one of those line wide events...

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    So does this officially make Magik the most powerful member of the team? I can see that being very fun.

And he mentioned building toward the 50th Anniversary. Wonder if this will be one of those line wide events...
    With this build to the 50th anniversary and the meeting of CYke and wolverine.... and enemies from ANXM and WATXM making their way to UXM and vise versa, I'm left with the feeling that they'll come together.

Hell I wouldn't doubt that one of the hidden reasons in UXM#3 and ANXM#9 that UXM team comes to the JGS is to recruit. A show of face if you will.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Lol Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker slayed the character.

I agree she has gone through some...different changes though. I'm glad he's aware of that, but how can anyone not be? All we've been hearing since UXM 500 is how OOC Emma has become.

And so Emma sees herself as the new Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

I don't like Emma in black. It's like putting Captain America in red and yellow with clothes made from China! I'm sure it's temporary for a year or two. Emma has to come back to white!
    Last edited by ButterRum; 12-11-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

BANNED

Lol Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker slayed the character.

I agree she has gone through some...different changes though. I'm glad he's aware of that, but how can anyone not be? All we've been hearing since UXM 500 is how OOC Emma has become.

And so Emma sees herself as the new Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

I don't like Emma in black. It's like putting Captain America in red and yellow with clothes made from China! I'm sure it's temporary for a year or two. Emma has to come back to white!
    \
    Why don't you like her in black? I am seriously dying to know what the whole outfit looks like. I'm dreading it to be a rendition of Lady Mastermind/AoA Dazzler revealing costume.

I'm ok with the black outfit as it Bendis stated along the lines it has to do with Emma's mindset, so who knows it maybe meaning she's in mourning.... "darker" mentality who knows.

UXM is suppose to be a darker book but not closer on anything like Dark Avengers. (well not that dark) Nor would I compare it to Remender's run of UXF.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That cover looks so awkward.