Page 255 of 568 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 8508
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I was also saying how Mystique could be Jean and that Beast accidentally teleported Mystique from the past and left the "real Jean" behind. THat would be hilarious because of all the hype Marvel made about Jean returning.
    What hype? Through three issues she hasn't done anything, and probably won't ever have much to do period because Bendis never has been and never will be able to write women.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    What hype? Through three issues she hasn't done anything, and probably won't ever have much to do period because Bendis never has been and never will be able to write women.
    Ultimate Aunt May

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I'm glad you don't see the villain angle for Emma anymore-- you turned out to be fairly accurate with your AvX guesses, so maybe, maybe there's hope Could just be that you've said what I wanted to hear.

I don't quite get the thrust of your last paragraph. But I interpret the need for Emma's balance in that you think she's going to have to start owning up for more of the things she's done? I think it will be interesting see if there is any water carrying going on for "Emma's dark side" as I think editor Tom Brevoort put it. I think there will be definitely be in an interesting dynamic. But if there is any justice in the world (I'm sure there is) Emma will be able to take care of herself just fine. For some reason I'm more excited about Emma and Magneto's interaction.

DarthCyclopz made a good point that Emma's got a lot to come back from due to AvX (and actually it was UXM 18). That's why I wasn't entirely in her corner when she disregarded Cyclop's "it was the Phoenix" reasoning. At the risk of beating a dead horse... I don't get why Gillen thought that stuff in UXM 18 was the way to go but it's over. I've always maintained it was the phoenix...

I was always skeptic of her, I think with how AvX ended and what we got in ANXM and in Consequences pretty much set in stone or at least gave us the start of where Emma's mentality is at. My last paragraph is meant on the "Balance" angle. Up until the ending of AvX there was no one who could really challenge her character in the manner Grant Morrison did in NXM with Jean/Emma dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I was always skeptic of her, I think with how AvX ended and what we got in ANXM and in Consequences pretty much set in stone or at least gave us the start of where Emma's mentality is at. My last paragraph is meant on the "Balance" angle. Up until the ending of AvX there was no one who could really challenge her character in the manner Grant Morrison did in NXM with Jean/Emma dynamic.
    The thing was everybody,was made to kiss Scott and Emma's ass. So that dynamic went out the window like you said.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    The thing was everybody,was made to kiss Scott and Emma's ass. So that dynamic went out the window like you said.
    What are you talking about?

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, how would you explain teen Mystique's telepathy/telekinesis... Not to mention her sudden ability to shrink in size?
    Secondary mutation of course

Well she's stopped Wolverine in his tracks twice and called him a perv. It's more than I was expecting really and decent start all things considered.

----------------------------------------------------------

Question about Emma's sisters. Did both of them have powers? My hazy memory says Adrienne had a power that was kind of like Longshot's. Did Cordelia have any abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Question about Emma's sisters. Did both of them have powers? My hazy memory says Adrienne had a power that was kind of like Longshot's. Did Cordelia have any abilities?
    She possesses empathy and is immune to Emma's telepathy.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well she's stopped Wolverine in his tracks twice and called him a perv. It's more than I was expecting really and decent start all things considered.

----------------------------------------------------------

Adrienne Frost had psychometry.
    Cordelia was unrevealed but was confirmed to be a mutant.

Both girls were stated to have psionic-type powers. It was stated that the Frosts had three "psychic" daughters. So you could assume Cordelia's power lied in that area too.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Bendis is actually good with diversity and women, imo. I've heard good things about his Alias that was a Marvel MAX imprint. I've been meaning to read it.

As for Jean hype, they've been preparing for her return with those teasers and the big reveal. Jean Grey even trended on twitter that day. It must have been a very slow twitter day though.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

BANNED

Bendis is actually good with diversity and women, imo. I've heard good things about his Alias that was a Marvel MAX imprint. I've been meaning to read it.

As for Jean hype, they've been preparing for her return with those teasers and the big reveal. Jean Grey even trended on twitter that day. It must have been a very slow twitter day though.
    Pfft, the appeal of Jean Grey is indisputable, universal, and timeless. In fact she's so awesome, that Marvel realized all of that win couldn't be contained in one character, so they created duplicate devourer of worlds Jean, evil clone Jean, future daughter of Jean, adopted-daughter-of-son-of-evil-clone-who-may-secretly-have-a-penis Jean, and last but not least, some bitchy blonde anti-Jean, I think her name was Emily Ice or something along those lines. Don't get me started about her....

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Adrienne Frost had psychometry.
    Cordelia was unrevealed but was confirmed to be a mutant.

Both girls were stated to have psionic-type powers. It was stated that the Frosts had three "psychic" daughters. So you could assume Cordelia's power lied in that area too.
    It's said that Emma described Cordelia as "Professor X of the empaths" in some wiki pages, but I've never found it in Generation X lol.

I can't remember but did Cordelia use her empathy to influence Husk and Skin to allow her entering the school finding Emma? She set a trap to to capture Mondo but I'm not sure if she used her power...

Someone already said that Jean stopped Wolverine in his tracks. She at first didn't have psychic power, now she has psychic power! Teen Jean is going to be the new Jessica Jones and Spider Woman rolled into one. She'll be the conscience of the team and she'll put everyone in their place every three issues either by being More Moral than Everyone Else or by being hax. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis brought Thor in for an issue just so Teen Jean could beat him (just in case you didn't know that she was Serious Business).

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    That's a good point. I think Emma will be probably have to make some changes in the post AvX world, and with Bendis at the helm, it should be fairly exciting. Whether the changes are good or not would be something we'd have to do a "wait and see" on regardless of the author, but I won't say Bendis hasn't changed a lot of character dynamics in his stories.

Bendis is a good writer. Yes, he turns in some very slow stories, but he's a good writer. Alias was good, not amazing but good. If you don't like Bendis being Bendis you won't like Alias. It's a gritty, decompressed talking head story. Either you like that going into it or you don't. Jessica Jones essentially makes bad decisions for a while then she grows up and the story ends. You see the start of her and Luke Cage's relationship. The coolest thing for me was that I read this about a year or two ago, and you see that Bendis really cleaned her and Luke Cage up for the New Avengers. Funny thing is that I can see why some people who were Avengers fans were complaining that they were brought onto the team after reading Alias.

Emma Frost, the leader of the X-Men. Hope Bendis remembers what he considered her to be before… perhaps it's too early to say whether his Emma in ANX will be good or not now but he's an expert on sparking fans' interest lol.