Page 254 of 568 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 8507

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    You guys I really think this mole is Mystique.... Lol.
    That could be a joke. But remember, Bendis had everyone as skrulls. Cause you know, there was a panel where wolverine said spider-woman smelled strange

Mystique is supposed to be a big villain in ANXM. He mentioned it once or twice and then never talked about it again. With the characters having their powers malfunctioning, it wouldn't be surprising if Mystique could pretend to be someone and the Xmen not know.

I don't think any of it suggests Emma is going to villainy or the JGS... Lol. I think he was just reiterating the tweet he said earlier about Emma being off the hook. I understand much of it is interpretation, but I would say Marvel as a creative team in the editorial process failed evoke the "This is Emma very angry and off the handle" in that scene. When you have to explain the character 's intentions or off key (on TWITTER or a FORUM) dialog because of so much reader complaint I would say that was somewhat of a miss on Marvel' s part to communicate Emma's feelings and dialog to the reader. Writing is all about communicating to the reader in the actual reading material.

The scene was fine and really didn't need much or any explanation. It came across fine, just crazy readers looking outside the box and dissecting it insanely cause what they had in their mind on how things should've went in their point of view didn't happen.

So what Emma flew off the rails in that scene as if you never witnessed that happening or never done it yourselves when you were ever that angry. THe weakest aspect is the "accent" angle being that Emma was never British to begin with so don't understand the excessive hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post

I hope you are right about her not being a villain. The Bendis comment was definitely interesting. You have been wanting Emma to "rethink" her life and her actions right? I seem to remember an issue you had with her was her "lack of introspection." I guess we always disagreed in that I thought that by her actions she had already done this, even if she may not have ever paid lip service to it. Now it looks like she may pay lip service to this idea... while doing the same thing she's been doing (except we can add running from the cops and other heroes to the mix). I hope I'm being fair to what you've said in the past (I'm trying to remember what you've said).
    :
    I don't see the villain angle no more for her. That much was already established in AvX and is over and done with. Something along what you said on the many discussions we had. Quite enjoyable might I add. (Glad you remembered)

I just felt Emma needed to be balanced out. In NXM Emma's balance was Jean and their dynamic. Once Jean died and Emma took the lead their was no one out their who could take Emma down a notch at times. Arguably some writers tried to use Storm but that didn't work being she was married and practically non existent for a time. Emma reminded me of today's society females who could take advantage of practically anything she wanted to do with out repercussions like a female claiming a guy hit her and nothing happened at all but the guy get's arrested anyways based on a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Magneto didn't do anything and nor did Scott she just stayed. More than likely the nowhere else to go/rock bottom and knowing she won't be accepted by the JGSHL. So now we're in for some real crafty,cunning,deceitful,ingenious/ingenuity coming from Emma things she normally hasn't done and not known for actually really excited.
    Yea, the fact that she had no where to go really was a reason she stayed with Scott and his gang, but I guess it's not the only reason. Emma decided to leave away from Scott after being rescued; Scott shouted that he can make things right but Emma still insisted to leave ("well Scott I just don’t think you and I--#$@#$"); then their talk was interrupted by polices who was coming for them and Emma muttered that they maybe belonged in prison, but Magneto said to her that they would fix it, thus left. If Emma left with them only for evading being captured again, she would leave Scott after escaping from that highway; but she didn't, and still stayed with Scott providing him the information about new mutants.

I mean, for the plot Emma does have no where to go 'causes she has to be included in the story; but as a character, she can just leave to live incognito. I think she stays with Scott for reasons, which probably will be explained in the following issues. It's not impossible that she has a plan for smothering Scott down the road lol.

No matter what reasons are, Emma is in a interesting environment now. Excited!

You guys I really think this mole is Mystique.... Lol.
    LOL! I even saw someone said that the Emma who was rescued by Scott in ANX #3 actually was Mystique…
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I really don't think Emma has lost her telepathy (it's evolving, gonna come back stronger than before), but let's say she does lose it.

Will you all be ok with Emma as a melee/H2H character? That could be interesting IMO.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Emma Frost (and Jean Grey) a la Steam Punk

Bustiers! Get your bustiers here! Don't forget your top hats and puffy shoulders!

Artist: http://calslayton.deviantart.com/art...rost-276886654

And a random pic:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Emma Frost (and Jean Grey) a la Steam Punk

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...on-d4kun3y.jpg

Bustiers! Get your bustiers here! Don't forget your top hats and puffy shoulders!

Artist: http://calslayton.deviantart.com/art...rost-276886654
    Simply impractical. Emma is going to have to fill up her wardrobe with camo fatigues and jackboots. This is a WAR OF MUTANT SURVIVAL people, not a fashion show.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I really don't think Emma has lost her telepathy (it's evolving, gonna come back stronger than before), but let's say she does lose it.

Will you all be ok with Emma as a melee/H2H character? That could be interesting IMO.
    I believe she's lost her TP (temporarily of course). She even decided to leave away from Scott and his gang after the bust-out. And if she was scheming to revenge Scott, she should have just pretended to forgive him. So why should she lie to them?

I personally don't care about how powerful Emma is very much. Useless in fights without TP? Perhaps, but the story is not about the fight. Losing her TP could provide her a good opportunity to show other aspects of her character which didn't demonstrated before, say, a less-confident Emma. It brings drama and I like it.

And we still don't know what the power-adjustment really is.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Emmeline and X-society! I really love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Simply impractical. Emma is going to have to fill up her wardrobe with camo fatigues and jackboots. This is a WAR OF MUTANT SURVIVAL people, not a fashion show.
    Pretty much nothing about steam punk makes practical sense as it's Rube Goldberg meets
    Charles Dickens. No wonder it became the hot thing in fantasy for a while.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Yea, the fact that she had no where to go really was a reason she stayed with Scott and his gang, but I guess it's not the only reason. Emma decided to leave away from Scott after being rescued; Scott shouted that he can make things right but Emma still insisted to leave ("well Scott I just don’t think you and I--#$@#$"); then their talk was interrupted by polices who was coming for them and Emma muttered that they maybe belonged in prison, but Magneto said to her that they would fix it, thus left. If Emma left with them only for evading being captured again, she would leave Scott after escaping from that highway; but she didn't, and still stayed with Scott providing him the information about new mutants.

I mean, for the plot Emma does have no where to go 'causes she has to be included in the story; but as a character, she can just leave to live incognito. I think she stays with Scott for reasons, which probably will be explained in the following issues. It's not impossible that she has a plan for smothering Scott down the road lol.

LOL! I even saw someone said that the Emma who was rescued by Scott in ANX #3 actually was Mystique…

LOL That was me.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

I love Emmeline's fashion sense.

LOL That was me.
    ಠ_ృ

but... it really makes sense LOL

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

ಠ_ృ

but... it really makes sense LOL
    I was also saying how Mystique could be Jean and that Beast accidentally teleported Mystique from the past and left the "real Jean" behind. THat would be hilarious because of all the hype Marvel made about Jean returning.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I was also saying how Mystique could be Jean and that Beast accidentally teleported Mystique from the past and left the "real Jean" behind. THat would be hilarious because of all the hype Marvel made about Jean returning.
    I think that would be the greatest Jean Grey-trolling Marvel has done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post

I don't see the villain angle no more for her. That much was already established in AvX and is over and done with. Something along what you said on the many discussions we had. Quite enjoyable might I add. (Glad you remembered)

I just felt Emma needed to be balanced out. In NXM Emma's balance was Jean and their dynamic. Once Jean died and Emma took the lead their was no one out their who could take Emma down a notch at times. Arguably some writers tried to use Storm but that didn't work being she was married and practically non existent for a time. Emma reminded me of today's society females who could take advantage of practically anything she wanted to do with out repercussions like a female claiming a guy hit her and nothing happened at all but the guy get's arrested anyways based on a claim.
    I'm glad you don't see the villain angle for Emma anymore-- you turned out to be fairly accurate with your AvX guesses, so maybe, maybe there's hope Could just be that you've said what I wanted to hear.

I don't quite get the thrust of your last paragraph. But I interpret the need for Emma's balance in that you think she's going to have to start owning up for more of the things she's done? I think it will be interesting see if there is any water carrying going on for "Emma's dark side" as I think editor Tom Brevoort put it. I think there will be definitely be in an interesting dynamic. But if there is any justice in the world (I'm sure there is) Emma will be able to take care of herself just fine. For some reason I'm more excited about Emma and Magneto's interaction.

DarthCyclopz made a good point that Emma's got a lot to come back from due to AvX (and actually it was UXM 18). That's why I wasn't entirely in her corner when she disregarded Cyclop's "it was the Phoenix" reasoning. At the risk of beating a dead horse... I don't get why Gillen thought that stuff in UXM 18 was the way to go but it's over. I've always maintained it was the phoenix...

I agree with you on your first point. And I'm fine with the second point. Could be interesting. I'm not sure it's a good fit right now-- it would need to be worked into the story a bit that Emma's given up on "soft approaches" and has decided to beat everyone up.

Good point on Emma having ulterior motives for staying with Cyclops... but most likely... at this point there aren't any other options left for her to achieve her goal of staying free (she doesn't have her powers) and helping mutants. So she has to stay with Cyclops. If another job on another comic book team opens, will she take it? Let's see.

The Mystique idea is interesting... but would she know what Emma knew? I guess by comic book logic she could be planted on a bus to get broken out. I guess if Bendis decides for a rewrite he could always claim that Emma's dialogue in that scene was off for a reason. But I just think Mystique is clever enough to cause problems on her own without a weird plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I think that would be the greatest Jean Grey-trolling Marvel has done yet.

And, how would you explain teen Mystique's telepathy/telekinesis... Not to mention her sudden ability to shrink in size?

Easy fix... Drop another building on her
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-07-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!