Page 253 of 567 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 8495
    Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    I thought everyone knew the original plan was for Ronin to be Daredevil, so at the last minute Bendis said "Fuck it, make it Echo".

So if it's obviously Emma and everyone knows it, he'll swerve us at the last minute and it will be one of the new turds.
    Yeah, Bendis changed it both because everyone knew it was Daredevil (obviously Marvel denied that part) and because joining the NA wouldn't really fit with what was going on in his solo title- which was also Bendis written at the time.

That said, if they are announcing right at the solicits that there's a mole, there's obviously something more going on.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

Hmmm...let's pretend Emma for sure is the mole. Does that mean she's lying about her powers being out of sorts too?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    At this point Emma is the obvious mole... and Bendis is writing it.... so its probably Emma.
    It's Emma or Yanna in my book.

Emma for obvious reasons but also with these past issues of ANXM. Out of cykes crew Yanna got a power boost thus far makes you wonder what bendis got in stored for her in UXM

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Hmmm...let's pretend Emma for sure is the mole. Does that mean she's lying about her powers being out of sorts too?
    I can't even get it up to talk about the powers subplot since it's already shown to be not an issue however much later issue 1 happens. And it also wasn't an issue during Cyclops breakout in Consequences.

It's just... dumb to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, Bendis changed it both because everyone knew it was Daredevil (obviously Marvel denied that part) and because joining the NA wouldn't really fit with what was going on in his solo title- which was also Bendis written at the time.

That said, if they are announcing right at the solicits that there's a mole, there's obviously something more going on.
    Hmm... the solicits are not being deceptive if that's what your alluding/implying. I remember AvX#11 solicit that simply stated "Fatality" and we got one.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Emma has been a suspected mole of the X-Men for quite some time!!!!! It's always funny.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Bendis reveals a little about his intentions for Emma.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=1#post8793343

Reassuring to know it will apparently not be (all) about being angry at Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post

Reassuring to know it will apparently not be (all) about being angry at Cyclops.
    Thanks for the info! I hope it doesn't mean that Emma thought joining the X-Men was a mistake and wanted to go back to villainy. But since "new realizations" was mentioned, I guess she'll probably work with the JGS or even the Avengers?

As for the mole, my bet is still on Emma, but I'm kinda confused now… she decided to stay with Scott and his gang not only because she had actually no where to go but also Magneto convinced her that Scott could somehow manage to fix their power. I can't imagine what she would benefit from being a mole only if the mind gem holder promised her to restore her TP, which seems unlikely lol.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I don't think any of it suggests Emma is going to villainy or the JGS... Lol. I think he was just reiterating the tweet he said earlier about Emma being off the hook. I understand much of it is interpretation, but I would say Marvel as a creative team in the editorial process failed evoke the "This is Emma very angry and off the handle" in that scene. When you have to explain the character 's intentions or off key (on TWITTER or a FORUM) dialog because of so much reader complaint I would say that was somewhat of a miss on Marvel' s part to communicate Emma's feelings and dialog to the reader. Writing is all about communicating to the reader in the actual reading material.

For example, Jean Grey flew off the handle with a Cyclops after finding out about the affair. Does Jean usually go off the hook like that on Cyclops? No, But it was in-character for her because of the situation she was in. She was angry and upset. I would say the writer and artists had a better handle communicating that to the readers, whereas with Emma, it was so bizarre and shocking and it did not flow well with the character, regardless of her being angry or not.

*Eta: Emma was definitely angry. There was no miscommunication there. What I meant is that they failed to communicate the part about her shocking and bizarre dialog and the reason for it.

I'd say completely dismissing Bendis because of the dialog is a bit over the top. No, it's not stellar dialog but he hasn't yet altered the character in such a damaging way as some of his peers have done - - eg Fraction. I remember Fraction getting mocked for his bad portrayal of the X-Men but I don't remember fans following him onto Twitter and forums for it.

Anyways I'm glad Bendis is aware of the character changes Emma has been through. I really hope he's aware she's lost her bite because of some interpretations and devolved reinventions of her character the past few years. I miss political, CEO, headmistress, and leader of the X-Men Emma Frost.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 12-07-2012 at 02:21 AM.

So true, Emma's angry outburst against Cyclops perhaps was kinda irrational, but totally understandable. Those things are happening in real life every time.

I like Bendis' job so far, it really piques my interest and curiosity, especially about what will happen to Emma. I still pin my hope on him… Emma under Bendis' pen was always good before, he's able to nail her (if he wants lol).
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by nikbackm View Post

It reassures that she won't be a villain but I'm starting to have an eerie feeling Bendis has been reading comments on this forum since this is what I've been asking for to happen with her character for quite sometime on the Emma Appreciation forum 2. For me my prayers have been answered!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Emma has been a suspected mole of the X-Men for quite some time!!!!! It's always funny.
    Yea, something I pushed heavy and got bashed by most of you users here for the remarks. I still say he has something big in store for Yana

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Thanks for the info! I hope it doesn't mean that Emma thought joining the X-Men was a mistake and wanted to go back to villainy. But since "new realizations" was mentioned, I guess she'll probably work with the JGS or even the Avengers?

As for the mole, my bet is still on Emma, but I'm kinda confused now… she decided to stay with Scott and his gang not only because she had actually no where to go but also Magneto convinced her that Scott could somehow manage to fix their power. I can't imagine what she would benefit from being a mole only if the mind gem holder promised her to restore her TP, which seems unlikely lol.

Magneto didn't do anything and nor did Scott she just stayed. More than likely the nowhere else to go/rock bottom and knowing she won't be accepted by the JGSHL. So now we're in for some real crafty,cunning,deceitful,ingenious/ingenuity coming from Emma things she normally hasn't done and not known for actually really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    I thought everyone knew the original plan was for Ronin to be Daredevil, so at the last minute Bendis said "Fuck it, make it Echo".

So if it's obviously Emma and everyone knows it, he'll swerve us at the last minute and it will be one of the new turds.
    I think you are right about Bendis being good at the red-herring. I was certain that Victoria Hand was gonna betray the New Avengers and she didn't. So let's see what happens with Emma? I think we just got done with an "Emma as villain" (sorta kinda) deal in AvX. For her to turn around and be the mole? Does this mean she is going full on villain? Well let's see. I'm with Hariel-- I don't think she's going to be a villain (I hope not!)-- but I can't take it off the table if she will be a mole-- I don't see her working with the Avengers right now, I can see her with Hellfire club I guess... (but I hope not!)

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I don't think so. Or at least, not necessarily. I can see her power being gone as the "final straw" in her reasoning as to why she became a mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It reassures that she won't be a villain but I'm starting to have an eerie feeling Bendis has been reading comments on this forum since this is what I've been asking for to happen with her character for quite sometime on the Emma Appreciation forum 2. For me my prayers have been answered!
    I hope you are right about her not being a villain. The Bendis comment was definitely interesting. You have been wanting Emma to "rethink" her life and her actions right? I seem to remember an issue you had with her was her "lack of introspection." I guess we always disagreed in that I thought that by her actions she had already done this, even if she may not have ever paid lip service to it. Now it looks like she may pay lip service to this idea... while doing the same thing she's been doing (except we can add running from the cops and other heroes to the mix). I hope I'm being fair to what you've said in the past (I'm trying to remember what you've said).

In any case... I have nothing against whatever may be coming next. From what I've read from Bendis and from suggestions put forth on the board, it looks like Bendis knows Emma's got a big fanbase and he's planning something nice for us

You guys I really think this mole is Mystique.... Lol.