Page 246 of 567 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 8494

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    It's a good point because it's a logical opinion without silly motivations.

Yeah, i get that. I don't mind what Emma's saying, it doesn't really bother me personally as the story is just starting and i'm excited to see where it goes, it's just some of the people in here are acting like a bizarre parody of her characterization today

I don't care about who's right or wrong, but the silly arguments are coming from the same 3-4 butthurt fans in here. And Darth.
    I don't understand it either. People arguing about who's right and who's wrong is just giving validity to Bendis so called characterization. It was badly written.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I don't mind the power switch, since it does put Emma in a very interesting place.

What I do mind is Emma (and Magneto) both jumping on the THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SCOTT train. Given Emma's own actions while phoenix'd up, you'd think she'd at least acknowledge the whole "it influences you to do things you otherwise would not" angle. Also, in hindsight there's a fair case to be made that Scott took Emma's phoenix to protect her.

I'm hoping this is just a really emotionally charged response (given the double whammy of Scott drama and her losing her TP), but with Bendis I'm worried that we're just supposed to take it as face value that that's what she actually thinks.

EDIT: Alternatively, if that IS what she genuinely thinks, then she has to acknowledge that deep down she's no better than magneto when it comes to wanting to subjugate the human race. However since I prefer Emma to be deep down a genuinely decent person, I hope that's not the case.

The flip side in all of it is that as much as she placed blame on Scott and claiming it was him she was in effect acknowledging that it was herself when she was Phoenix'd up in all she did

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't understand it either. People arguing about who's right and who's wrong is just giving validity to Bendis so called characterization. It was badly written.
    I'll have to ask Dr Sonic, but it's some sort of weird association disorder. People get so obsessed/fanatical about a character that they start to associate it as an extension of themselves, so the argument doesn't really become about the characters, but about the poster and their insecurities/butthurt.

It's why some people need to have a right or wrong, because it becomes about them, and they can't possibly be in the wrong.

So true, so true.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

The story is kind of incongruent with how Scott was portrayed in Consequences. He's not above having a pity party here and there but he isn't one to shirk responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The story is kind of incongruent with how Scott was portrayed in Consequences. He's not above having a pity party here and there but he isn't one to shirk responsibility.
    Bendis is selective with his characterization and continuity.

Bendis is selective with his characterization and continuity.
    I suppose this is true (everyone says it, but I haven't read much Bendis so I can't really say), but I think part of it may be a timing issue. ANX has been planned for about a year now so when Consequences was penned this ANX arc was probably more or less done. Then the writers and editorial didn't really bother to see if they matched up.

Or he could just be having a moment of weakness and Emma calling him out caused him to get more defensive/dismissive, although I can't recall him ever doing that before, even when Jean did it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

I can't imagine a universe where Gillen writes a worst Emma than Bendis.

I'll agree that Namor and Emma's relationship wasn't as awesome as it should have been, but it was hot and fun, when they did it right, i.e. let them have a relationship instead of always talking about freaking Scott Summers.
    I never said Gillen writes I worse Emma than Bendis. I was just comparing two scenes. I enjoyed Gillen's run. I don't want to dish on him. So I hope I don't sound I like was doing so. But I also don't want to dish on Bendis. I'm relatively positive about his ANXM work. It almost feels like all his energy went into ANXM as opposed to the his wrap up of the Avengers and New Avengers, cause well... wow... for a variety for reasons.

And I think you have a point "...let them have a relationship..." the Emma/Namor relationship in a lot of ways began mid-stride. It began with the presumption that there was something "going on" as opposed to growing organically. Emma and Namor's interactions with each other were predicated on a love triangle than never existed. I'm not a huge Namor fan, but I'd much rather see them just talk than to hint that they really understand each other the best. If there is hope for an Emma/Namor meeting in NA, I'll be more than happy to give them a chance. I'm kinda just starting over, relaxing a bit. I'm gonna try and give everyone a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post

I'm tired of those meaningless arguments about who's right and who's wrong in the breakup. Their relationship is over now, that's all. I even doubt their "hostility" would last long tbh.
    I don't think their relationship is over. I mean, romantically, yes, but I don't think Emma and Scott should be written to ignore their past together-- that's where the hostility comes from-- and their hostility towards each other could be kinda fun to see honestly. A month or so ago I would've been so upset at the scene. Now... I'm cool with it!

There's some fun to be had in being a comic partisan But your point is a good one. But I just don't know if I'd say that Bendis characterization is bad (in this scene) if you're willing (as I am) to seperate characterization from dialogue. I think he got Emma and Scott right emotionally. I just think he misfired with the "Fellas" and "Gee shucks innocent" line. I really felt was he was trying to convey, even if I don't know of any reasonable way of thinking Emma would say it like that. I think Bendis will do just fine going forward really. Or at least, I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I suppose this is true (everyone says it, but I haven't read much Bendis so I can't really say), but I think part of it may be a timing issue. ANX has been planned for about a year now so when Consequences was penned this ANX arc was probably more or less done. Then the writers and editorial didn't really bother to see if they matched up.

Or he could just be having a moment of weakness and Emma calling him out caused him to get more defensive/dismissive, although I can't recall him ever doing that before, even when Jean did it to him.
    He can just make some slight adjustments to the dialogue and keep the plot intact at the same time. I guess he simply ignored some previous issues which were written by other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I don't think their relationship is over. I mean, romantically, yes, but I don't think Emma and Scott should be written to ignore their past together-- that's where the hostility comes from-- and their hostility towards each other could be kinda fun to see honestly. A month or so ago I would've been so upset at the scene. Now... I'm cool with it!
    I'm even kinda happy with their (temporary and permanent) breakup now. It's good for them both.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

The reason she had her telepathy taken away is so she can't read his mind and see how sincere he is.

Maybe it's because I'm sort of enjoying it, but I'm going to give some benifit of the doubt to Bendis in term of the conversation.

First, I don't think Cykes is trying to take off his responsibility, he just wants people not to forget he wasn't just himself and simply got defensive. He probably didn't expect that much anger from Emma and his powers were going wonky, which is a huge deal to him, since this is a guy who has got to be careful with opening his eyes every morning so he doesn't destroy anything and any one. That lost of control has got to be mortifying. Besides, he only got defensive about the Emma thing, which is understandable and the Xavier thing, which Emma is like what? The 10th person to bring it up in the span of a week? I totally understand the reaction.

The dialogue wasn't that bad. Was it very Frost? No, but Emma has been confide to a cell for some undetermine amount of weeks, maybe even a month. She was aware her TP was gone (Which explain somewhat how she got captured, I guess) and probably dealing with that (Lends more credit to when she said she lost everything. You know Telepaths think they're better than others and go crazy when they lose this power in some way cause it doesn't make them so special). And again, she was angry and probably waiting to tell him off since the moment she was defeated in 11. And then he comes with the it wasn't me defense. I got to say, as someone who's yelled a bunch of stupid things that don't make sense while angry, Emma was far more articulate than she had any right to be. I guess as Emma fans we expect a little more, but at the same time we need to realize some of the context allows the exchange to make sense. That said, there's definetely room for improvement, but it's not nearly a trainwreck.

As for the plot itself, as some others, I'm confused as to how Emma can help Eva in 1, unless she just gave her a peptalk, if she lost her TP. I also want them to clarify if she lost her TP completely or if she can still do other things psy. Magneto merely got downgraded some after all, with training she might able go back to norm. I kinda hate the idea she lost it though, since that just makes her like her Ultimate counterpart, just diamond girl, which just leaves her as the team's tank. I hope they at least consider given her some upgrades to her Diamon Form then. As for the state of their relationship? This was just part 1. Emma got her stuff out. Scott as usual, didn't really get fully into it cause he was distracted by other things, so we'll see if Bendis allows them to have a conversation once things cool down.

Too bad we have to wait till the 05 make the remaining issues of this arc about them.

Over all, I'm still fairly interested where they're taking Emma here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm sort of enjoying it, but I'm going to give some benifit of the doubt to Bendis in term of the conversation.

First, I don't think Cykes is trying to take off his responsibility, he just wants people not to forget he wasn't just himself and simply got defensive. He probably didn't expect that much anger from Emma and his powers were going wonky, which is a huge deal to him, since this is a guy who has got to be careful with opening his eyes every morning so he doesn't destroy anything and any one. That lost of control has got to be mortifying. Besides, he only got defensive about the Emma thing, which is understandable and the Xavier thing, which Emma is like what? The 10th person to bring it up in the span of a week? I totally understand the reaction.

The dialogue wasn't that bad. Was it very Frost? No, but Emma has been confide to a cell for some undetermine amount of weeks, maybe even a month. She was aware her TP was gone (Which explain somewhat how she got captured, I guess) and probably dealing with that (Lends more credit to when she said she lost everything. You know Telepaths think they're better than others and go crazy when they lose this power in some way cause it doesn't make them so special). And again, she was angry and probably waiting to tell him off since the moment she was defeated in 11. And then he comes with the it wasn't me defense. I got to say, as someone who's yelled a bunch of stupid things that don't make sense while angry, Emma was far more articulate than she had any right to be. I guess as Emma fans we expect a little more, but at the same time we need to realize some of the context allows the exchange to make sense. That said, there's definetely room for improvement, but it's not nearly a trainwreck.

As for the plot itself, as some others, I'm confused as to how Emma can help Eva in 1, unless she just gave her a peptalk, if she lost her TP. I also want them to clarify if she lost her TP completely or if she can still do other things psy. Magneto merely got downgraded some after all, with training she might able go back to norm. I kinda hate the idea she lost it though, since that just makes her like her Ultimate counterpart, just diamond girl, which just leaves her as the team's tank. I hope they at least consider given her some upgrades to her Diamon Form then. As for the state of their relationship? This was just part 1. Emma got her stuff out. Scott as usual, didn't really get fully into it cause he was distracted by other things, so we'll see if Bendis allows them to have a conversation once things cool down.

Too bad we have to wait till the 05 make the remaining issues of this arc about them.

Good post. Pretty much agree 100%

I dunno if it's just because i'm not as invested as others, or my expectations were at a certain level, but i'm kind of digging All-New so far. I mean, obviously the writing isn't as good as Gillen, but i'm entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Good post. Pretty much agree 100%

I dunno if it's just because i'm not as invested as others, or my expectations were at a certain level, but i'm kind of digging All-New so far. I mean, obviously the writing isn't as good as Gillen, but i'm entertained.
    This is pretty much the key to Bendis. You need to not go out of your way to look for deph. He's capable of it, just look at Ultimate May Parker and you'll see a pretty awesome complex and well written character, but he won't go out of his way to give us that. He will however give us entertaiment for sure. I think the E-Team's general tone may change once the Uncanny relaunch happens, but for now, I think people should just sit and enjoy where this is going and ask the questions later. it's like last week with Jean just knowing how to use her TP with ease. I don't get it, but it's doesn't take from what I like about the story.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post

I gotta agree, I was ok with Emma reaction

I also have been enjoying ANX overall. As ironic as it seems it actually feels rather fresh. It's been fun seeing the 05 operating as something of a cohesive unit as opposed to a ragtag team of mental cases that's been the X-Men's schtick since time out of mind it feels like to me. I'm beginning to feel that may be why the 05 are really here, to let all of the X-Men know that sometimes they really just need to get the *deleted* over themselves.