Page 245 of 567 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 8505

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    OMG. I just read it. Emma's dialogue...WHAAAT. LOLOLOL.

"Yeah I'm thinkin' maybe you and I shouldn't be anywhere near each other anymore."

"Mr. "Gee Shucks Innocent here" let you have it pretty good with the Phoenix Force, didn't he? OH, THAT'S RIGHT!!"

Other than the bad dialogue, I AM glad Emma yelled at Cyclops. I hope we find out why he's blaming the Phoenix all of a sudden. Actually, he was probably playing Wolverine and the Avengers when he said it was all him. He was telling them what they wanted to hear.
    Please tell me that dialogue was NOT really in the book.

Well, it wasn't really a ~dramatic~ breakup. It was basically Emma screaming and yelling at his face after he and Magneto rescued her from the truck.
    Wonderful. Emma does the Jerry Spring show. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Hmm... You are right that Cyclops and Emma have been on the ropes for a while. I guess I unintentionally ignored that. While I can't wipe it from the pages-- I totally think Fraction and Gillen completely bungled the Emma/Namor (non)relationship. It was uninteresting and unbelievable, and yet I'm surprised that both writers took it so seriously. You are right to say that the writers of AvX said Cyclops was in control, but that was just shilling for Cyclops. So I won't really blame Cyclops cause Brevoort and the writers politicked for him in the interviews (and it was bad). I don't think Cyclops blamed the relationship problems on the Phoenix... just the domestic abuse...

Was her dialogue shockingly bad? I guess so. I mean, if you were shocked then yeah. I think there was that page when she said "fellas" that was clear to me that it wasn't the way Emma would say it-- it broke my connection with the scene. So in that sense, yes, it was bad. But I couldn't deny that it wasn't something she would say. Between this "bad scene" (and it wasn't a good scene) and Gillen's Kitty/Emma scene, I'd say Gillen's was worse. In Gillen's scene Emma looked really bad.

I do hope there powers come back. Or at least Emma's. Maybe she will get some new powers? I hope you're right. Either way though, looking forward to what's next!
    I can't imagine a universe where Gillen writes a worst Emma than Bendis.

I'll agree that Namor and Emma's relationship wasn't as awesome as it should have been, but it was hot and fun, when they did it right, i.e. let them have a relationship instead of always talking about freaking Scott Summers.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

I do love that Cyclops is crying optic blast tears, begging Emma to come back to him. But it would have been cooler if the dialogue was...frostier.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Alright, guys.

MR. Gee. Shucks. Innocent.

Lamest Emma putdown in recent history, right?

I do love that Cyclops is crying optic blast tears, begging Emma to come back to him. But it would have been cooler if the dialogue was...frostier.
    THat's probably the most Emo I've ever seen Scott

Magneto had to be the one to point out Cyke is in control of his actions regardless much like himself in the past retconning magnus being insane in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    THat's probably the most Emo I've ever seen Scott

Magneto had to be the one to point out Cyke is in control of his actions regardless much like himself in the past retconning magnus being insane in the past.
    Bendis has been reading 60's issues. Cyclops was the King of Emos back then.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Bendis has been reading 60's issues. Cyclops was the King of Emos back then.
    I love emo Cyclops.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Holy crap.

Emphasis on CRAP.

I(Bendis) was faced with this on DAREDEVIL, where I always put Daredevil in some horrible situation and they go, "why do you hate him?" And I go, "no, it’s the opposite." It’s not my job to hug him and give him a nice bowl of soup. It’s my job to create the most interesting environment for him to be in.
    Emma in this issue reminds me of this. She's always a telepath, but now she lost it; it led her entering the new situation that she has never been before, which really was "the most interesting environment" for Emma. Now I even kinda like this idea tbh.

But as what NewMutant posted in the ANX #3 spoilers thread, it also makes she might not be joining the NA as it has been hinted... it excluded so many her further possibilities.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

I don't mind the power switch, since it does put Emma in a very interesting place.

What I do mind is Emma (and Magneto) both jumping on the THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SCOTT train. Given Emma's own actions while phoenix'd up, you'd think she'd at least acknowledge the whole "it influences you to do things you otherwise would not" angle. Also, in hindsight there's a fair case to be made that Scott took Emma's phoenix to protect her.

I'm hoping this is just a really emotionally charged response (given the double whammy of Scott drama and her losing her TP), but with Bendis I'm worried that we're just supposed to take it as face value that that's what she actually thinks.

EDIT: Alternatively, if that IS what she genuinely thinks, then she has to acknowledge that deep down she's no better than magneto when it comes to wanting to subjugate the human race. However since I prefer Emma to be deep down a genuinely decent person, I hope that's not the case.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 12-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.

BANNED

Wow...what a scumbag. Although I am kind of happy with Cyclops' excuse because it makes him look more like the loser of the relationship, instead of throwing Emma under the bus.
    Me too, me too. I feel sorry for her because she's been betrayed by the person she trusted and loves the most....yet again => Ian Kendell.

Well, Ian was a "NEVER AGAIN" for her, and look what vulnerable position Emma has put herself in with Cyclops! He betrayed her in the worst way possible. She was always afraid of being close to someone because of her family -- especially Christian Frost -- Ian Kendell, her Hellions, and all the other countless students who have died on her watch.

And now Cyclops. This spells bad psyche news for Emma.

At the same time, should we really be taking such shitastic writing this seriously??????? Maybe we should just laugh at how godawful the X-Men and Emma have been the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlauderdale21 View Post
    You're right! You know what she should just go lesbian, she shouldn't be close to men since they always end up betraying her.
    Attachment 105304
    OMG. I just read it. Emma's dialogue...WHAAAT. LOLOLOL.

"Yeah I'm thinkin' maybe you and I shouldn't be anywhere near each other anymore."

"Mr. "Gee Shucks Innocent here" let you have it pretty good with the Phoenix Force, didn't he? OH, THAT'S RIGHT!!"

Other than the bad dialogue, I AM glad Emma yelled at Cyclops. I hope we find out why he's blaming the Phoenix all of a sudden. Actually, he was probably playing Wolverine and the Avengers when he said it was all him. He was telling them what they wanted to hear.
    lol you two sound like Emma did in ANXM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    I don't mind the power switch, since it does put Emma in a very interesting place.

What I do mind is Emma (and Magneto) both jumping on the THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT SCOTT train. Given Emma's own actions while phoenix'd up, you'd think she'd at least acknowledge the whole "it influences you to do things you otherwise would not" angle. Also, in hindsight there's a fair case to be made that Scott took Emma's phoenix to protect her.

I'm hoping this is just a really emotionally charged response (given the double whammy of Scott drama and her losing her TP), but with Bendis I'm worried that we're just supposed to take it as face value that that's what she actually thinks.

EDIT: Alternatively, if that IS what she genuinely thinks, then she has to acknowledge that deep down she's no better than magneto when it comes to wanting to subjugate the human race. However since I prefer Emma to be deep down a genuinely decent person, I hope that's not the case.
    She was betrayed by the one who she loved most, what would you expect to see when she first met him?

And I don't think Emma genuinely blamed Scott for EVERYTHING, she's mad at him because he left her when she needed him, choked her, left her for death etc – Emma blamed him for what he did to her. As for the Xavier's death or losing her TP or others, I believe those are all her emotionally charged responses. After yelling at Scott about being betrayed by him Emma decided to leave. Then Scott asking her for reading mind made her lose temper and even angrier.

Emma's insecurity and angst about whether-Scott-loved-Jean-in-a-way-he-will-never-love-herself had started long time ago, and what happened in AvX was just the straw that broke the camel's back. She's not blaming Scott for only one or two things. And Emma has no interest in ubjugating the human race really.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    She was betrayed by the one who she loved most, what would you expect to see when she first met him
    And she betrayed him too. Emma putting all the blame(along with with her fanatical fans) on Cyclops is lame.

I mean, i don't mind it personally, Emma is Emma and hopefully Bendis is going somewhere with this, and i can overlook it given everything what's happened and her history of not taking responsibility for her actions.

But anyone trying to put the blame on one side is just being butthut(that goes for both Cyclops and Emma fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    And she betrayed him too. Emma putting all the blame(along with with her fanatical fans) on Cyclops is lame.

I mean, i don't mind it personally, Emma is Emma and hopefully Bendis is going somewhere with this, and i can overlook it given everything what's happened and her history of not taking responsibility for her actions.

But anyone trying to put the blame on one side is just being butthut(that goes for both Cyclops and Emma fans)

That's a fairly good point.

Also, someone posted the picture of "Emo-Cyclops" and the energy from his visors looks almost like tears. I find myself feeling strangely sorry for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post

As I've said above, that's the huge eruption of her angst, insecurity and anger that accumulated long time. Not trying to blame anyone, and right and wrong aside, I can buy that she's mad at Scott.

I'm tired of those meaningless arguments about who's right and who's wrong in the breakup. Their relationship is over now, that's all. I even doubt their "hostility" would last long tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    That's a fairly good point.
    It's a good point because it's a logical opinion without silly motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    As I've said above, that's the huge eruption of her angst, insecurity and anger that accumulated long time. Not trying to blame anyone, and right and wrong aside, I can buy that she's mad at Scott.

I'm tired of those meaningless arguments about who's right and who's wrong in the breakup. Their relationship is over now, that's all. I even doubt their "hostility" would last long tbh.
    Yeah, i get that. I don't mind what Emma's saying, it doesn't really bother me personally as the story is just starting and i'm excited to see where it goes, it's just some of the people in here are acting like a bizarre parody of her characterization today

I don't care about who's right or wrong, but the silly arguments are coming from the same 3-4 butthurt fans in here. And Darth.