Page 244 of 567 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 8505
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Well, it wasn't really a ~dramatic~ breakup. It was basically Emma screaming and yelling at his face after he and Magneto rescued her from the truck.
    Good, its no less than what he deserves. What was she wearing? Her normal costume? (Sorry I can't find the comic today and will pick it up tomorrow.)

OMG. I just read it. Emma's dialogue...WHAAAT. LOLOLOL.

"Yeah I'm thinkin' maybe you and I shouldn't be anywhere near each other anymore."

"Mr. "Gee Shucks Innocent here" let you have it pretty good with the Phoenix Force, didn't he? OH, THAT'S RIGHT!!"

Other than the bad dialogue, I AM glad Emma yelled at Cyclops. I hope we find out why he's blaming the Phoenix all of a sudden. Actually, he was probably playing Wolverine and the Avengers when he said it was all him. He was telling them what they wanted to hear.
    I wrote about this a post or two ago. But yes, it was cool to see Emma yell at Cyclops. She was angry and I'm an Emma partisan

But I don't know if Cyclops was playing Wolverine and the Avengers. He was taking responsibility for the actions of his time. You can accept liability without admitting wrong doing. He was gonna stay in jail in exchange for the heat being taken off them. But he never claimed to have wanted to kill Prof X or Emma. And as much as I like to dish on Cyclops, I do believe him. I've always maintained "it was the phoenix" throughout AVX. As much as I like Emma and think she is well within her rights to leave (for a variety of reasons), she shouldn't be so near-sighted about that.

Quote Originally Posted by tlauderdale21 View Post
    So it was Emma who officially ended it right?
    Depends on where you start counting. Gillen contended that UXM 18 was the breakup scene-- so Scott "officially ended it" or started the chain of events that would lead to the end. But Emma was the first one to close the door on the relationship.

I still say she lost her TP as we've been told on plenty of occasions in AvX that's they weren't proper hosts and plus they have came down from a power boost just to recieve another one wouldn't make sense and make UXM squad on a godly tier.

She had her prison jumpsuit on, zipped down a little bit to give her some... breathing room (it was hot outside!). But they put her in a really weird full head helmet/mask, which was kinda funny. She only wore the helmet for a panel or two though.

The issue is good. You'll enjoy it. There are a few strange "notes" to Emma's dialogue, but I think he has a handle on who Emma is. I think the CBR and Newsarama review stressed out a bit too much on that aspect.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    I wrote about this a post or two ago. But yes, it was cool to see Emma yell at Cyclops. She was angry and I'm an Emma partisan

But I don't know if Cyclops was playing Wolverine and the Avengers. He was taking responsibility for the actions of his time. You can accept liability without admitting wrong doing. He was gonna stay in jail in exchange for the heat being taken off them. But he never claimed to have wanted to kill Prof X or Emma. And as much as I like to dish on Cyclops, I do believe him. I've always maintained "it was the phoenix" throughout AVX. As much as I like Emma and think she is well within her rights to leave (for a variety of reasons), she shouldn't be so near-sighted about that.
    Well, yeah, the Phoenix Force was forced upon them, but for Emma and Scott, this goes deeper than "blame it on the Phoenix." Cyclops had been ignoring her for a while, and they were trying to sell to us that he was the most in-control out of the P5. So, it's unacceptable that Cyclops is blaming their relationship problems on the Phoenix.

lol She was wearing prison clothes.

She had her prison jumpsuit on, zipped down a little bit to give her some... breathing room (it was hot outside!). But they put her in a really weird full head helmet/mask, which was kinda funny. She only wore the helmet for a panel or two though.

The issue is good. You'll enjoy it. There are a few strange "notes" to Emma's dialogue, but I think he has a handle on who Emma is. I think the CBR and Newsarama review stressed out a bit too much on that aspect.
    I'm glad Emma didn't let Cyclops' mistreatment of her go unnoticed, but her dialogue -- Emma of all characters -- was shockingly bad.

Cyclops, Magneto and Emma's powers are out of whack. Illyana got a power boost though. I'm not worrying at all about their powers, as I'm sure they'll come back to normal!
    Last edited by ButterRum; 12-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

BANNED

Well, yeah, the Phoenix Force was forced upon them, but for Emma and Scott, this goes deeper than "blame it on the Phoenix." Cyclops had been ignoring her for a while, and they were trying to sell to us that he was the most in-control out of the P5. So, it's unacceptable that Cyclops is blaming their relationship problems on the Phoenix.

lol She was wearing prison clothes.

I'm glad Emma didn't let Cyclops' mistreatment of her go unnoticed, but her dialogue -- Emma of all characters -- was shockingly bad.

Cyclops, Magneto and Emma's powers are out of whack. Illyana got a power boost though. I'm not worrying at all about their powers, as I'm sure they'll come back to normal!

Okay thanks, I look forward to picking it up tomorrow! Wonder how she got her costume back?

Okay thanks, I look forward to picking it up tomorrow! Wonder how she got her costume back?
    She went undercover at Von Cleef's and Arples, which had a backup costume for her on reserve. They make watches, so it's the least you'd expect her costume to be.

I love Stuart Immonen's art and the inks and colors are great...but Emma is looking a little fat....did she gain weight from the prison food?

BANNED

She went undercover at Von Cleef's and Arples, which had a backup costume for her on reserve. They make watches, so it's the least you'd expect her costume to be.

I love Stuart Immonen's art and the inks and colors are great...but Emma is looking a little fat....did she gain weight from the prison food?
    Yes because thats all that place sells.
    What if Emma is pregnant? Got any images you can relinquish?

Maybe we do belong in prison...

Hmm... You are right that Cyclops and Emma have been on the ropes for a while. I guess I unintentionally ignored that. While I can't wipe it from the pages-- I totally think Fraction and Gillen completely bungled the Emma/Namor (non)relationship. It was uninteresting and unbelievable, and yet I'm surprised that both writers took it so seriously. You are right to say that the writers of AvX said Cyclops was in control, but that was just shilling for Cyclops. So I won't really blame Cyclops cause Brevoort and the writers politicked for him in the interviews (and it was bad). I don't think Cyclops blamed the relationship problems on the Phoenix... just the domestic abuse...

Was her dialogue shockingly bad? I guess so. I mean, if you were shocked then yeah. I think there was that page when she said "fellas" that was clear to me that it wasn't the way Emma would say it-- it broke my connection with the scene. So in that sense, yes, it was bad. But I couldn't deny that it wasn't something she would say. Between this "bad scene" (and it wasn't a good scene) and Gillen's Kitty/Emma scene, I'd say Gillen's was worse. In Gillen's scene Emma looked really bad.

I do hope there powers come back. Or at least Emma's. Maybe she will get some new powers? I hope you're right. Either way though, looking forward to what's next!

Hmm... You are right that Cyclops and Emma have been on the ropes for a while. I guess I unintentionally ignored that. While I can't wipe it from the pages-- I totally think Fraction and Gillen completely bungled the Emma/Namor (non)relationship. It was uninteresting and unbelievable, and yet I'm surprised that both writers took it so seriously. You are right to say that the writers of AvX said Cyclops was in control, but that was just shilling for Cyclops. So I won't really blame Cyclops cause Brevoort and the writers politicked for him in the interviews (and it was bad). I don't think Cyclops blamed the relationship problems on the Phoenix... just the domestic abuse...

Was her dialogue shockingly bad? I guess so. I mean, if you were shocked then yeah. I think there was that page when she said "fellas" that was clear to me that it wasn't the way Emma would say it-- it broke my connection with the scene. So in that sense, yes, it was bad. But I couldn't deny that it wasn't something she would say. Between this "bad scene" (and it wasn't a good scene) and Gillen's Kitty/Emma scene, I'd say Gillen's was worse. In Gillen's scene Emma looked really bad.

I do hope there powers come back. Or at least Emma's. Maybe she will get some new powers? I hope you're right. Either way though, looking forward to what's next!
    I think the Gillen scene was fine tbh. Because she just lost everything including her telepathy. Bendis has always had terrible dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think the Gillen scene was fine tbh. Because she just lost everything including her telepathy. Bendis has always had terrible dialogue.
    This, with that in mind it makes sense for a lot of things

Does Bendis try to copy the plots of X-movies?

I mean, Cyclops and Magneto attacked caravans to rescue Emma in issue 3; Mags and his gang attacked trucks to save Mystique in X-Men The Last Stand. Then we knew that Emma lost her TP; Mystique was cured losing her power. And Mags said to Scott that it's not the Phoenix or madness but Scott himself wanted to kill Xavier; Professor said to Magneto on the beach in X-Men First Class "No Erik, YOU did it."

Deja vu, aren't they lol? According to what Mystique did to Magneto in the last stand... hmmm, it's even more obvious than before that Emma would be the mole.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

What if Emma is pregnant?
    In her hips? She does look a little curvier than usually depicted but it's pretty much all there is. She doesn't really look fat.

As for the state of Emma's TP I have a feeling we'll get a more definitive answer of its status within the next two issues. Emma is probably back in reserve with Magik while Scott and Erik approach the new mutant. If Jean's powers really go haywire if Emma has her TP in some fashion still she can help calm her down. If not odds are she just has a bit of power lag from being under the Phoenix's influence and a power inhibitor for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Does Bendis try to copy the plots of X-movies?

I mean, Cyclops and Magneto attacked caravans to rescue Emma in issue 3; Mags and his gang attacked trucks to save Mystique in X-Men The Last Stand. Then we knew that Emma lost her TP; Mystique was cured losing her power. And Mags said to Scott that it's not the Phoenix or madness but Scott himself wanted to kill Xavier; Professor said to Magneto on the beach in X-Men First Class "No Erik, YOU did it."

Deja vu, aren't they lol? According to what Mystique did to Magneto in the last stand... hmmm, it's even more obvious than before that Emma would be the mole.
    LOL Don't forget what happened in X-Men 3 when the Phoenix Force killed the Professor. You know who also killed the Professor in AvX???? The Phoooenix!!