Page 242 of 566 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 8489

http://www.thekliqnation.com/2012/12...-men-3-review/

spoilers:
    During Cyclops and White Queen’s argument he tells her that it was the Phoenix that betrayed her. This is opposite of what Cyclops claimed in the mini series AvX Consequences. There he took full blame for his actions while possessed by the Phoenix. Perhaps Cyclops had a change of heart, but he’s stayed pretty firm in his beliefs. Of course the majority of women will have you changing your tune when they are about to walk out of your life.
    end of spoilers
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by tlauderdale21 View Post
    I'm soooooo confused!! When will this issue be out?
    All New X-Men?
    Today.....I assume.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post

spoilers:
    During Cyclops and White Queen’s argument he tells her that it was the Phoenix that betrayed her. This is opposite of what Cyclops claimed in the mini series AvX Consequences. There he took full blame for his actions while possessed by the Phoenix. Perhaps Cyclops had a change of heart, but he’s stayed pretty firm in his beliefs. Of course the majority of women will have you changing your tune when they are about to walk out of your life.
    end of spoilers
    Wow...what a scumbag. Although I am kind of happy with Cyclops' excuse because it makes him look more like the loser of the relationship, instead of throwing Emma under the bus.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    All New X-Men?
    Today.....I assume.
    Oh I know, I just want to know what time the issue comes out today.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    ERMAGERD!! I'm DYING to know how they've been altered!!
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

Yup, Emma blames Scott for everything and She lost her TP which explains why in UXM she's in Diamond form now.

I could see Emma blaming Scott for everything, largely due to her telepathy loss, rather than the actual choking out.
    I could have seen her being more sympathetic to, or rationalizing the notion of him being possessed and unable to control himself, but this kind of loss is bit too hard for a woman like Emma.

I feel so sorry for her.
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

Oh god, this is NOT good. Oh god...

BANNED

So yea, Emma teaching TP is out of the question. If the setup's in this first arc, you getting the hints how UXM will play out and what one can speculate. How long Scott's school will last....etc.

I thought Emma used some sort of mental power in ANXM 1? Doesn't ANXM 3 take place prior to 1?

In any case... I enjoyed the issue. It was brilliantly paced. The Emma dialogue wasn't that off. A few big tweaks needed to be made, so I can't call it classic Emma, but Bendis definitely has the idea of Emma down.

I actually don't think there is any major contradiction between what Cyclops said in Consequences and what he said to Emma. He always maintained that he never wanted Prof X to die. Accepting full responsibility for an action isn't the same as Cyclops emotional/psychological observation that he wasn't himself at the time. He chose to emphasize the later with Emma. For what it's worth... I do agree with him. I seem to remember something about Emma eating blood seasoned steak and (earlier) having with Namor while Namor murdered much of a country... while that actually has little do with whether she'd want to break up with a guy who led her into a major fight with the Avengers and betrayed her, her snark (while lovely from one perspective) is more than a bit near-sighted.

In any case, so happy to see her back. If you said a year ago that I'd be enjoying Bendis on Emma... but wow. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I could see Emma blaming Scott for everything, largely due to her telepathy loss, rather than the actual choking out.
    I could have seen her being more sympathetic to, or rationalizing the notion of him being possessed and unable to control himself, but this kind of loss is bit too hard for a woman like Emma.

I feel so sorry for her.
    That's a good point. I felt sorry for her as well. I think Bendis played off Gillen's scene with Kitty in Consequences fairly well. While Emma is a favorite character of mine, and while I don't think she has to have super-powers... I hope she gets back to being psychic or something... cause well, shoot, the whole "turn to diamond thing" doesn't do it for me. I mean, she's not a female, diamond Colossus, the diamond form is largely defensive, even though I understand she does get a strength boost. I'm not averse to her being the female Colossus-- her anger at Cyclops, losts powers and mutant oppression, driving her to turn diamond and kick major butt, however, I think psychic power is so cool!

I'm not sure they don't have different powers that they haven't discovered, or that it isn't a kinda Superman after Infinite Crisis thing, where the power loss was largely psychosomatic (and somewhat related to physical stress).

BANNED

To me, I feel her telepathy makes up a part of Emma (not an insult, its just part of what makes her awesome.) Thats why I didn't care for her much in Age of Apocalypse (Until recently) and her Ultimate version was an even bigger trainwreck. (She didn't even turn to diamond!)

Well this was unusual. I wasn't expecting Emma to loose her TP (everybody's already said it so I'm not bothering with spoilers). Now I went back to ANX #1 and am trying to figure out how they were talking to Eva without getting stuck in her time warp. I'm not sure but I think it might be Magik who looks like was fast tracked to being the power house of the team.

Also what's up with Magneto exactly? He can still can control metal but at a much reduced power level?

This explains how the 05 will have a chance at confronting the two of them next issue. Their powers are fine while the more experienced two are completely out of whack.

She's a powerful telepath it's difficult to write stories around that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She's a powerful telepath it's difficult to write stories around that.
    Well she did manage quite well when she lost her Telepathy during the Shadow War era, and the time she was stuck in diamond form with the Void.

I need to hear ButterRum's take on this.
    Last edited by tlauderdale21; 12-05-2012 at 07:34 AM.