Page 239 of 568 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    And Airdreams / ExodusCloak, does Emma have any friends currently that are living? I agree she was tight with Banshee, Beast, Logan, and Kitty, but I feel like currently the latter 3 would want little to do with her.
    Pixie like her; and some students at least don't dislike her. But I know they are hardly counted as her friends so perhaps Emma really has no friends now lol.

But Emma will play a role in Age of Ultron teaming up with Beast, so we'll probably see their interaction down the road.

Review: All-New X-Men #3

... as does Emma Frost using the word "fellas" without irony...
    ...However, when Emma Frost shows up, I didn't recognize her for a second, because her face and flailing body language make her look like she's a sixteen-year old girl yelling at her dad, rather than the mature woman that she is.
    ugh
    Last edited by airdreams; 12-04-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Pixie like her; and some students at least don't dislike her. But I know they are hardly counted as her friends so perhaps Emma really has no friends now lol.
    I was about to say that I'd love to see Emma girltalk with Magik due to having no other options, but then I read the rest of your post......

But Emma will play a role in Age of Ultron teaming up with Beast, so we'll probably see their interaction down the road.

Review: All-New X-Men #3

ugh
    Ugh indeed, also doesn't leave me too optimistic for AoU.

Double post

newsarama review: ALL-NEW X-MEN #3

There are some problems, though. Emma Frost's introduction in this issue is less than stellar, primarily because she's the one character that Bendis just can't seem to pin down. Here, she comes off less like an aristocratic anglophile, and more like one of the real housewives of Westchester, with bitter, uncouth dialogue, and more swagger than poise...
    ...While this issue isn't a complete success - Emma Frost really doesn't work under Bendis's pen right now - there's so much to love about the way All-New X-Men has blended the ongoing mutant soap opera with an implausibly entertaining premise that, if Bendis can continue to stick the landing, he may have a definitive X-Men run on his hands.
    WTH? And that's what he said that he will answer all of our Emma questions in ANX #3?
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Marvel Avengers Alliance PVP note:

Emma is my hero. She was the only character I had left in my latest tournament battle and all of my opponent's team was still alive. Then Emma's turn came up with cosmic power and she Mental Trauma'd all three of them to death simultaneously.

If I smoked I'd want a cigarette now.

Midnight ill have ANXM3

BANNED

Sounds like Emma has some choice words for Scott after he rescues her. Should be amusing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Sounds like Emma has some choice words for Scott after he rescues her. Should be amusing at least.
    I'm just worried that Bendis' dialogue is going to be so off that it will ruin what should be an amazing conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    We do not need Emma with another man after the horror that occurred to her in AvX.

Actually, I don't care if she gets with another man as long as she isn't his ever supporting girlfriend who can turn into diamond. Lobdell, Morrison, and Milligan wrote her fine with Banshee, Iceman and Cyclops. She was FABULOUS!!!!
    Whoaa! No, I didn't mean as a committed couple. I meant, I want to know how they resolve or view their relationship now. It should be addressed. I mean, since AvX we've got nothing but Kitty making snide remarks to Emma in prison. Where's Emma (and Namor's) introspection and consequences from AvX?

Also, having Emma on the Illuminati would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    Namor, on the other hand (who, I have to say, is rapidly becoming my favorite non-new mutant marvel character)...Let's just say, I eagerly, eagerly await the next time these two are on panel together. They're always smoking hot and usually kind of hilarious. I also feel like Hickman at least is going to include and/or expore Emma/Namor in NA.
    THIS. I like seeing them together, even if they aren't a couple couple, like Scott and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    I also get the feeling that even if they do get together he's still going to be randomly creeping on Sue at every opportunity, so that should be a fun dynamic.
    Oh, I wouldn't say randomly. Namor's never going to let an opportunity to admire Susan, just as he never did for Emma -- it's in his nature to admire women openly. Hickman wrote a nice little scene where Sue came to pick up Namor for a diplomatic meeting, and she and Emma were quite ... cool to each other. And then there was that other scene of much debate, where there was some confusion about who he was admiring, Sue or Emma ... or both of them ... right before the big space battle. It could be, as you said, a lot of fun.

I don't see Emma and Namor as anything else but friends with benefits. Good friends with benefits, but I just don't think Emma sees Namor in a romantic way at all.
    This has been my biggest complaint about them in the X-books. We never ONCE got Emma's thought on how she felt about Namor -- well, other than lust. Every encounter they had ended up being about Scot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I like to thing Emma and Namor would hang out and fuck and become a duo without naming it and without alot of the lovey-dovey, but would eventually show true emotion in dramatic moments.
    Pretty much this. Beneath all the flirting and sex, I'm pretty sure Namor cares for Emma as a friend. But I've not really seen any evidence if Emma feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I'm still holding out for Namor, or even better, Emma rescuing herself.

Loved that line.

And Airdreams / ExodusCloak, does Emma have any friends currently that are living? I agree she was tight with Banshee, Beast, Logan, and Kitty, but I feel like currently the latter 3 would want little to do with her.
    Rogue loved Emma.

Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Uh-oh. This can't be good.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

I'm looking through tweets that mention Emma Frost and Bendis ....none yet. Wonder if he's talking about this thread. LOL!!
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

I dunno what it could be. If it's Emma trolling Cyke, I will support it regardless.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!