Page 226 of 568 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 8507

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    "Maybe"? Hickman should say "yes, she's going to play a major role." But even if she doesn't show up... I'm feeling relatively confident about Bendis' work on ANXM and have high expectations for UXM. So I'm not too down. Plus the info ButterRum posted about Ultron is getting me hyped.

Bendis in his twitter responded to me yesterday when I asked if Emma will be bouncing between his X-Books and he said we'll be seeing a lot of Emma front and center.

I haven't read past the first few issues of Grant Morrison's Superman. Never been a big Superman fan. I have been reading all of the main Batman stuff. I think it's really, really good. Wasn't a big fan of the Catowman or Batgirl Death of the Family tie-in.
    I ask on the 52's based on the fact both, "Death in the Family" and "H'el on Earth" story arcs have been picking my interest in reading, so last week I caved in and bought the first 3 issues to "H'el On Earth" and so far I've been a good surprise as to how I'm enjoying it... and now I'm really wondering about "Death in the family" that's why I asked. I'm not a superman fan either but I ended getting caught in the hype.

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Thank you!

That's pretty cool that she'd be mentioned though. I've been looking forward to Age of Ultron for a very long time... and while I don't know if Hitch will be doing a lot of the "Resistance" work (in the same way that crucial parts of Final Crisis were put into tie-ins) but I'd love to see Bryan Hitch draw Emma Frost in a series. He's one of my favorite artists, and he's as responsible as anyone for getting me into comics.

It was weird neither sites (Marvel, CBR) didn't mention Emma, so I think Marvel accidentally spoiled it in that press release that apparently went out to Following the Nerd. They got it from somewhere....they state Marvel gave it to them. I don't think people are malicious enough to make something up like that.

I had to dig in Google to find the ORIGINAL ARTICLE that mentions Emma. Damn bloggers who don't backlink to original articles. Dirty, I tell you, dirty. I always linkback to the original post. It's just nice.

So, here's what FOllowing the Nerd, the original poster of the Emma mention, says:

Last week we showed you this teaser image from Marvel for their upcoming blockbuster comic, the Age of Ultron. Well Marvel has finally slipped us some details of what we can expect this March. Here’s what Marvel is saying.
    http://www.followingthenerd.com/comi...age-of-ultron/
    Last edited by ButterRum; 11-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I ask on the 52's based on the fact both, "Death in the Family" and "H'el on Earth" story arcs have been picking my interest in reading, so last week I caved in and bought the first 3 issues to "H'el On Earth" and so far I've been a good surprise as to how I'm enjoying it... and now I'm really wondering about "Death in the family" that's why I asked. I'm not a superman fan either but I ended getting caught in the hype.
    Thanks for the Emma info. I'm happy about that! "Front and center!" Exciting! I'll need to start paying a bit more attention to the comic news! I really underestimated what it could be like to have Bendis writing the X-men... given that he still gets a lot of "editorial control" I think this could be better than I thought for them. Between ANXM, UXM and Ultron War, we could be getting a lot of good books and a lot of good Emma scenes.

If H'El on Earth is interesting... I'll check it out. Death of the Family is excellent so far, however, the Joker seems a bit too "hax" for me, he's an outlier in that sense. Snyder really has done an amazing job on Batman books. (American Vampire is awesome as well!) Death doesn't require a significant amount of backstory to appreciate. The thing that surprises me the most is the artist-- Capullo-- has an excellent sense of direction, everything is shot perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    It was weird they didn't mention Emma, so I think Marvel accidentally spoiled it in that press release that apparently went out to Following the Nerd. They got it from somewhere....they state Marvel gave it to them. I don't think people are malicious enough to make something up like that.
    I don't think so either. I think what happens is someone just didn't get the email about what to talk about and what not to talk about. Newsarama had some interview with Axel Alonso and Alonso said something to the effect of-- and this is a paraphrase-- "we didn't want to spoil that Cyclops survived early on." And I was thinking "you spoiled it at a comic-con by issue 4 or 5!" He also said he though at the opening of AvX 6 that Cyclops was on "a good path" and "possibly a better path than the other P5" (paraphrases). Guess it's always about Cyclops.

I don't think so either. I think what happens is someone just didn't get the email about what to talk about and what not to talk about. Newsarama had some interview with Axel Alonso and Alonso said something to the effect of-- and this is a paraphrase-- "we didn't want to spoil that Cyclops survived early on." And I was thinking "you spoiled it at a comic-con by issue 4 or 5!" He also said he though at the opening of AvX 6 that Cyclops was on "a good path" and "possibly a better path than the other P5" (paraphrases). Guess it's always about Cyclops.
    I'm just wondering how Following the Nerd got that summary, seeing that's the original poster of the quote with Emma. They say Marvel gave it to them, but why them and not places like CBR or Newsarama, or the Marvel.com site that had a liveblog?

Thanks for the Emma info. I'm happy about that! "Front and center!" Exciting! I'll need to start paying a bit more attention to the comic news! I really underestimated what it could be like to have Bendis writing the X-men... given that he still gets a lot of "editorial control" I think this could be better than I thought for them. Between ANXM, UXM and Ultron War, we could be getting a lot of good books and a lot of good Emma scenes.

The X-side will be quite busy, which is leaving with a theory in regards to cyke's school but I'll keep that til my self since all these events are happening fast and 2 of them happens in the same month I believe.

If H'El on Earth is interesting... I'll check it out. Death of the Family is excellent so far, however, the Joker seems a bit too "hax" for me, he's an outlier in that sense. Snyder really has done an amazing job on Batman books. (American Vampire is awesome as well!) Death doesn't require a significant amount of backstory to appreciate. The thing that surprises me the most is the artist-- Capullo-- has an excellent sense of direction, everything is shot perfectly.

So far H'el On Earth i'm enjoying a lot and that's my first dive into the DC new 52's as it is.. and "Death of the Family" is really catching steam/interest for me with the previews I keep reading so I think I'm going to by all the DD off of Comicology tonight.

I'm just wondering how Following the Nerd got that summary, seeing that's the original poster of the quote with Emma. They say Marvel gave it to them, but why them and not places like CBR or Newsarama, or the Marvel.com site that had a liveblog?

Either he has a friend who trusts him that works inside marvel and gave him insider info or it's just a rumor... in any case it's "wait and see" game.

^ Could you please not bold your post? It's fine to bold or italicize the paragraph of the quote you're referring to so that we get which post your referring to. But bolding both things hurts my fragile eyes.

Either he has a friend who trusts him that works inside marvel and gave him insider info or it's just a rumor... in any case it's "wait and see" game.
    How would a press-release-y written summary like that be a "rumor" unless they made up the summary? I highly doubt that.

The site is run by 2 fanboys.

Oh, wait, it's a UK site, which might be why we haven't seen it alot.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 11-26-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added smiley - that sounded mean

I think Hariel is right-- probably just a friend or something. I hope it isn't a rumor! It would really dash my hopes if Emma was sidelined. But based on Hariel's reply from Bendis-- "Emma will be front and center." So let's go for it. Besides, it makes sense-- Wonder Man already saw the future-- the Avengers get owned by Ultron. It makes sense Emma and some of the others take the fight to him. It was very much like that in Final Crisis-- people not used too often push forward for a big win. I hope to see Emma as more than just a random background character. I really want to see Bryan Hitch at work!

So far H'el On Earth i'm enjoying a lot and that's my first dive into the DC new 52's as it is.. and "Death of the Family" is really catching steam/interest for me with the previews I keep reading so I think I'm going to by all the DD off of Comicology tonight.
    Buy Death of the Family. I'm enjoying it. It's a different Joker than I'm used to, but I'm enjoying it. You said "DD" speaking of DD, Waid's Daredevil is tremendous. Basically, Daredevil has had some of the best runs Marvel's done (with the exception of the horrid Shadowland).

Buy Death of the Family. I'm enjoying it. It's a different Joker than I'm used to, but I'm enjoying it. You said "DD" speaking of DD, Waid's Daredevil is tremendous. Basically, Daredevil has had some of the best runs Marvel's done (with the exception of the horrid Shadowland).
    I'll give Death Of The Family a buy.

DD is meant to be Digital Download :p

But speaking of Daredevil what you said i've been hearing in my local comic shop.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/Hareil0079/statu...04396873031680

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHic...53214704087117
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-26-2012 at 08:19 PM.

It was weird neither sites (Marvel, CBR) didn't mention Emma, so I think Marvel accidentally spoiled it in that press release that apparently went out to Following the Nerd. They got it from somewhere....they state Marvel gave it to them. I don't think people are malicious enough to make something up like that.

I had to dig in Google to find the ORIGINAL ARTICLE that mentions Emma. Damn bloggers who don't backlink to original articles. Dirty, I tell you, dirty. I always linkback to the original post. It's just nice.

So, here's what FOllowing the Nerd, the original poster of the Emma mention, says:

http://www.followingthenerd.com/comi...age-of-ultron/
    Thanks for posting the original news! It looks really like the official synopsis blurb, and if it's just a rumour I think the poster should have just stated "we heard of some rumour about Marvel's upcoming event…", they had no reason to make up a fake announcement to troll fans.

But it's really weird that none of other sites, CBR, Newsarama, Marvel etc, ever mentioned this synopsis. It's a good advertisement for Age of Ultron, isn't it? And it seems that Marvel doesn't wanna keep it in secret if the original poster can get the information from his friend who works inside Marvel.

As for Hickman's New Avengers… "maybe" can mean a lot of things. I'd love to see Emma playing a major role in it but perhaps Hickman just didn't want to reveal any of his plans. For me his "maybe" was just another way to say "I don't have any plans for Emma in my book so far but maybe I'll introduce her to NA sooner or latter so you'd better wait and see."
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I'm totally okay with them breaking up, and looking at Exes working together would be great. What my concern for Emma is her future. The mutant revolution won't last too long 1 year maybe, at most 2 years I guess. After the reuniting of the X-Men and Scott's return to the school, where Emma will go? I guess during the revolution she will have her own plans that lead to the Emma-betrays-them story, which I hate so much. Or even worse, what pushes Scott to stop and give up his mutant revolution probably will be Emma's death or villainiztion. I mean, sacrificing Emma to redeem or benefit Scott finally happens (whoever makes her die or go back to villainy I hate him forever).

Perhaps I'm overreacting to this, but I guess a tough time is waiting for Emma :(
    I don't think they're trolling fans. They probably did get it from Marvel and maybe someone on the Marvel team released the wrong synopsis that was supposed to be released at a later date. Goldgeller made a good point that there's lots of people involved in different departments, so there might have been miscommunication.

I suppose the best course of action would be to ask the site where the synopsis came from since other sites haven't released it.

But speaking of Daredevil what you said i've been hearing in my local comic shop.

Edit:

That tweet from Bendis is awesome! I'm very excited now. That doesn't mean there won't be disappointments-- but this could be really big. Emma's got a chance to make waves in Uncanny and ANXM and in Ultron War. And yes, Daredevil is awesome. Every major run he's had is great.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Thanks for posting the original news! It looks really like the official synopsis blurb, and if it's just a rumour I think the poster should have just stated "we heard of some rumour about Marvel's upcoming event…", they had no reason to make up a fake announcement to troll fans.

But it's really weird that none of other sites, CBR, Newsarama, Marvel etc, ever mentioned this synopsis. It's a good advertisement for Age of Ultron, isn't it? And it seems that Marvel doesn't wanna keep it in secret if the original poster can get the information from his friend who works inside Marvel.

As for Hickman's New Avengers… "maybe" can mean a lot of things. I'd love to see Emma playing a major role in it but perhaps Hickman just didn't want to reveal any of his plans. For me his "maybe" was just another way to say "I don't have any plans for Emma in my book so far but maybe I'll introduce her to NA sooner or latter so you'd better wait and see."
    I don't think it't a troll. The prediction is precise enough that it would be just flat-out lying if the info isn't true. Too big a risk to troll like that. I'm not saying that it must be true. I just doubt it a lot less. And I wouldn't be too concerned that Newsarama and CBR don't have this stuff. But hardly anyone on a major website would troll with such precise prediction.

I enjoy Hickman. His FF and F4 were great. Secret Warriors was criminally underrated! I'm of two minds when it comes to Hickman-- I don't want anymore Emma/Namor shenanigans (never liked Namor), but I'd like Emma to appear in any book she can, as many times as she can. I'd much rather have Emma on Uncanny Avengers. Forget the Cassaday AXM connection, I'm just really excited for the book. Red Skull has, or will have, Prof X brain. They need Emma's psychic power!

I don't think they're trolling fans. They probably did get it from Marvel and maybe someone on the Marvel team released the wrong synopsis that was supposed to be released at a later date. Goldgeller made a good point that there's lots of people involved in different departments, so there might have been miscommunication.

I suppose the best course of action would be to ask the site where the synopsis came from since other sites haven't released it.
    Agreed. You could just ask, but I doubt it's trolling. It could also just be an exclusive. I'm not saying that journalists don't swipe, but if that sight really did scoop Newsarama and CBR-- which is a possibility-- then they can't do too much about it without linking to the article, and I'm not sure these sites are in the habit of feeding their competitors their net traffic!

^pretty much summed up my thoughts.

I enjoyed Hickmans run of F4 I'm taking his word on it in his comments and bendis I think that Emma and some staff at the JGSHL my end up helping one another and it also gets me sorta excited with the T. Jean and Emma meeting

BANNED

Edit:

You're lucky Hariel, Bendis gave you straight up answer. I tried to ask him about who Emma will hook up next with, who the mole is, and if Emma will train Jean. He just told me that all will be answered in upcoming issues.