Page 225 of 567 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 8505

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/yu_sanchuan/01-1.png
    http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...chuan/02-1.png
    I'll only accept cordelia back if she gets slap in every panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    "You think you know what your doing, but your wrong" - Scott Summers end of schism (something along those lines)
    Splitting them up was the issue not the school or the teaching bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Splitting them up was the issue not the school or the teaching bit.
    Direction and views was the issue that lead to the split up.

Long story short, he disagreed with logan, didn't like his view or idea, regardless of aesthetics. Up until Consequences 5 did cyke give his blessing to logan school.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-26-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Direction and views was the issue that lead to the split up.
    It wasn't the school or the teaching though. Emma Frost even said in Regensis that they still taught there (not as much as she liked since it started to take a back seat to survival training) and we saw as much in Nation X. The issue was the situation they were put in. It was survival and now that decimation is fixed I see no reason why Scott wouldn't revert back to his AXM/Academy X POV. It's not about being an endangered species anymore. It was never about the teaching. It was all about being divided, and Exodus even saw that.

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.

It wasn't the school or the teaching though. Emma Frost even said in Regensis that they still taught there (not as much as she liked since it started to take a back seat to survival training) and we saw as much in Nation X. The issue was the situation they were put in. It was survival and now that decimation is fixed I see no reason why Scott wouldn't revert back to his AXM/Academy X POV. It's not about being an endangered species anymore. It was never about the teaching. It was all about being divided, and Exodus even saw that.
    Logan's idea, view, direction involved just that and what we got (WatXM)... Emma Frost commented on the fact that they weren't teaching in the manner she's more or less wanted. Scott stated "We Teach" (survival) not emma's teaching which has been what emma was all about and somewhat what Xavier has been or rather tried to push a balance of militant and using to control mutant abilities.

We see some of this aspect in XML prior to Schism with brief scenes from Rogue and Rachel.

Exodus was about to kill scott remember since he saw it logan's way right or am I wrong?

Scott is building a school underground for a mutant revolution... as I stated in another thread it's still survival training, it's just taken on a different form/shape. Wether endangered or not Scott is pushing the "survival" aspect and Mutants are in the worse postion than ever before in wake of the fall out of AvX. NA#30 is proof with the purifiers and brief civilian comments we see in UA also adds to this.

Edit: This isn't about whether they taught on Utopia or not, since I don't know why your bringing it up or trying to make it into such things.

They taught Prior to schism during Nation X and possibly the last class we saw that involved "Teaching" was in Gen. Hope we saw the results of that, ever since then it's been "Training" and Scott is still going to continue that run more or less which makes sense in his preparation for "Mutant Revolution"

Not pacifism, not integration
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-26-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Logan's idea, view, direction involved just that and what we got (WatXM)... Emma Frost commented on the fact that they weren't teaching in the manner she's more or less wanted. Scott stated "We Teach" (survival) not emma's teaching which has been what emma was all about and somewhat what Xavier has been or rather tried to push a balance of militant and using to control mutant abilities.

We see some of this aspect in XML prior to Schism with brief scenes from Rogue and Rachel.

Exodus was about to kill scott remember since he saw it logan's way right or am I wrong?

Scott is building a school underground for a mutant revolution... as I stated in another thread it's still survival training, it's just taken on a different form/shape. Wether endangered or not Scott is pushing the "survival" aspect and Mutants are in the worse postion than ever before in wake of the fall out of AvX. NA#30 is proof with the purifiers and brief civilian comments we see in UA also adds to this.
    Nope she stated that we teach (a little) but we mostly trained scan is above. They taught math and stuff we saw that at the beginning when they first moved there. Again, only due to the elevated threat did they start shifting it towards training. It was not as much as she liked but they still taught.

Exodus read Rogues mind, and saw that Cyclops used the kids (And more importantly the Messiah) as a last resort in Schism. He didn't see that Wolverine was going to blow an island up with them on it. In any event, the point Exodus made was that they were stronger together then apart. He didn't like Cyclops putting the Messiah in danger (Which if you think about it was really because he couldn't control Hope).

We don't know that though. The only reason it would make sense for Emma to want to be there is if he gave her it as a present. To teach.

It's not about being an endangered species anymore, the game has changed.

Nope she stated that we teach (a little) but we mostly trained scan is above. They taught math and stuff we saw that at the beginning when they first moved there. Again, only due to the elevated threat did they start shifting it towards training. It wa not as much as she liked but they still taught.

Prior to schism, but still survival, as In schism Cyke commented on some kids not being ready for combat on logan so the "Training" was always there, and Again I stated not the "teaching" more or less emma wanted. Again this isn't about if they Taught on Utopia so This is all irrelevant and don't understand why your pushing it as such.

Exodus read Rogues mind, and saw that Cyclops used the kids (And more importantly the Messiah) as a last resort in Schism. He didn't see that Wolverine was going to blow an island up with them on it. In any event, the point Exodus made was that they were stronger together then apart. He didn't like Cyclops putting the Messiah in danger (Which if you think about it was really because he couldn't control Hope).

Cyke had no control or Exodus? And Logan wanted the kids and everyone off the island the blow up part was a threat to do so, cause logan didn't want the kids to fight, (the straw that broke his back) so more than likely Exodus saw in rogues mind and knows but felt Logan was right and wanted to kill cyke.

We don't know that though. The only reason it would make sense for Emma to want to be there is if he gave her it as a present. To teach.

It's not about being an endangered species anymore, the game has changed.
    Mutant Revolution, a hidden (possibly underground) facility, and fugitives for the time being (til lifted) "Training" not teaching.

Mutant Revolution, a hidden (possibly underground) facility, and fugitives for the time being (til lifted) "Training" not teaching.
    How do you know they didn't continue classes as normal after schism? I wouldn't see why they wouldn't since Emma brought it up in the conversation that, that was one of her concerns. I see no reason why she'd scrap classes just because half the class left. Also, her conversation with Kitty in AvX about test results and insinuated that she was still teaching after Schism.

The reason why I'm pushing the teaching angle is because you stated in your post on the previous page that Cyclops was against it. And it's pretty clear that he wasn't. The issue for him was being split and that the kids should have a choice to become X-Men if they wanted to (given the circumstances). He had chances to use them as a last resort afterwards, he didn't. The only missions the kids went on were controlled situation with Dazzler. And that was taking out street thugs.

Cyclops had no control. Rogue wasn't there so she wouldn't know. She only saw the kids beating the Sentinel at the end though cause they arrived at the end. It's funny how none of the X-Men talked about Wolverine rigging the island with explosives though.

Again, from Emma's POV it wouldn't make sense. Because as of right now she's done with Cyclops. And as of right now she wants to teach. If anything this will be a gift from him to her and that's why she'll stick around with the UXM team. Makes a lot of sense seeing how they free her from the truck this issue. BTW The School was hidden up to Morrisons X-Men and had less crazies knocking on their doors.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-26-2012 at 03:28 PM.

How do you know they didn't continue classes as normal after schism? I wouldn't see why they wouldn't since Emma brought it up in the conversation that, that was one of her concerns. I see no reason why she'd scrap classes just because half the class left. Also, her conversation with Kitty in AvX about test results and insinuated that she was still teaching after Schism.

Why assume they are when even you pushed and stated the fact that Scott focused on "Training"? Kitty making that pun was simply on the fact Emma and kitty knew there most likely wasn't any "teaching" happening on Utopia after the Schism.

The reason why I'm pushing the teaching angle is because you stated in your post on the previous page that Cyclops was against it. And it's pretty clear that he wasn't. The issue for him was being split and that the kids should have a choice to become X-Men if they wanted to (given the circumstances). He had chances to use them as a last resort afterwards, he didn't. The only missions the kids went on were controlled situation with Dazzler. And that was taking out street thugs.

I said against the School not "Teaching on or in Utopia" you misunderstood or chose to. And we didn't see any thing with Dazzler and the children unless I missed something. The issue was over Kids, scott made everyone X-men when Utopia had to defend themselves in SC or Necrosha (i think) but again Irrelevant

Cyclops had no control. Rogue wasn't there so she wouldn't know. She only saw the kids beating the Sentinel at the end though cause they arrived at the end. It's funny how none of the X-Men talked about Wolverine rigging the island with explosives though.

Yet, Exodus read her mind and knew enough, and it's funny everyone skint's over the fact Logan's reasoning he wanted the kids to evacuate and scott didn't want that, You see kids I see X-Men -Scott Summers, but hey I blame logan too, I'm sure if the reversal happen I'm sure many would see scott as the most noble of beings in the MU

Again, from Emma's POV it wouldn't make sense. Because as of right now she's done with Cyclops. And as of right now she wants to teach. If anything this will be a gift from him to her and that's why she'll stick around with the UXM team. Makes a lot of sense seeing how they free her from the truck this issue. BTW The School was hidden up to Morrisons X-Men and had less crazies knocking on their doors.

That's an Assumption as we don't know who's in the truck, and also If scott is doing this for Emma... as he stated he's trying to atone. I had already asked Bendis on Emma if she'll be bouncing around in his X-books on his twitter all he said that, we'll be seeing plenty of Emma front and center
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-26-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Scott's argument against Logan in Schism wasn't about teaching, they disagreed on using the kids in battle, Scott said yes as the situation requires, we don't have the man power to keep them safe so they have to be able to do that themselves. Logan's was kids (never mind the youngest of the x-kids was 14, kids use to join the navy younger then that in the years Logan was born....) should never be expected or allowed to fight until their adults, you should protect their innocence for as long as you can (never mind the fact all of the x-kids probably have more combat experience then 80% of the worlds actual armed soldiers and have literally been to hell and back).

As such, one side (Scott's) made survival and combat training a priority while the other (Logan's) made academia a priority. Didn't change the fact both sides did both things, it was simply a matter of which one was given priority. He disagreed with Logan's timing for the school, not the concept of it, to quote the man himself "I made your school relevant". They had to reach the light at the end of the tunnel before teaching should be a priority over fighting, and now that they've reached it, why would Scott have ever been against the idea? His whole philosophy revolved around surviving till they reached this point, it makes perfect sense that he would want to on some level go back to how things were before HoM, you know, back when he was actually a head master that did his job unlike another one I can think of.
    Last edited by imperial90; 11-26-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    "I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but shouldn't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem deal with itself?"
    -Unknown

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

http://emmafrostfiles.com/2012/11/ag...on-resistance/

Some Age of Ultron stuff.

A website mentions a synopsis including Emma Frost, but CBR's interview and Marvel's live blog do not mention Emma at all.

There will be only six characters in the MU who know who they are, whereas nine characters are part of the resistance team.
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    http://emmafrostfiles.com/2012/11/ag...on-resistance/

Some Age of Ultron stuff.

A website mentions a synopsis including Emma Frost, but CBR's interview and Marvel's live blog do not mention Emma at all.

There will be only six characters in the MU who know who they are, whereas nine characters are part of the resistance team.
    Thank you!

That's pretty cool that she'd be mentioned though. I've been looking forward to Age of Ultron for a very long time... and while I don't know if Hitch will be doing a lot of the "Resistance" work (in the same way that crucial parts of Final Crisis were put into tie-ins) but I'd love to see Bryan Hitch draw Emma Frost in a series. He's one of my favorite artists, and he's as responsible as anyone for getting me into comics.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial90 View Post
    Scott's argument against Logan in Schism wasn't about teaching, they disagreed on using the kids in battle, Scott said yes as the situation requires, we don't have the man power to keep them safe so they have to be able to do that themselves. Logan's was kids (never mind the youngest of the x-kids was 14, kids use to join the navy younger then that in the years Logan was born....) should never be expected or allowed to fight until their adults, you should protect their innocence for as long as you can (never mind the fact all of the x-kids probably have more combat experience then 80% of the worlds actual armed soldiers and have literally been to hell and back).

As such, one side (Scott's) made survival and combat training a priority while the other (Logan's) made academia a priority. Didn't change the fact both sides did both things, it was simply a matter of which one was given priority. He disagreed with Logan's timing for the school, not the concept of it, to quote the man himself "I made your school relevant". They had to reach the light at the end of the tunnel before teaching should be a priority over fighting, and now that they've reached it, why would Scott have ever been against the idea? His whole philosophy revolved around surviving till they reached this point, it makes perfect sense that he would want to on some level go back to how things were before HoM, you know, back when he was actually a head master that did his job unlike another one I can think of.
    Logan wants there to be another Option for the kids. He doesn't want the school to just pump out mutant soldiers. He wants all the Kids to know how to fight and defend themselves but he is going out of his way to teach them Art and given business training and sending them on field trips and doing Humanitarian work other than fighting bad guys because maybe that appeals to some of the kids. His stance in schism is that we should never pigeon hole our youth into some militant group when they want to do something else and they shouldn't feel weird not wanting to be apart of the group after graduation. Its like the difference between a Private school who is well known for their ROTC program but Kids aren't made to go into the the ROTC program because they join the school, and a Strict Military Academy where you have to participate in the war games and the military training even if that's not what you particulary want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Thank you!

That's pretty cool that she'd be mentioned though. I've been looking forward to Age of Ultron for a very long time... and while I don't know if Hitch will be doing a lot of the "Resistance" work (in the same way that crucial parts of Final Crisis were put into tie-ins) but I'd love to see Bryan Hitch draw Emma Frost in a series. He's one of my favorite artists, and he's as responsible as anyone for getting me into comics.
    Asked Hickman on Emma showing up in either of his Avengers books on Formspring and he just responded Maybe.

Edit: Gold have you been reading either of the Batman or Superman recent story arcs in DC new 52?

Asked Hickman on Emma showing up in either of his Avengers books on Formspring and he just responded Maybe.

Edit: Gold have you been reading either of the Batman or Superman recent story arcs in DC new 52?
    "Maybe"? Hickman should say "yes, she's going to play a major role." But even if she doesn't show up... I'm feeling relatively confident about Bendis' work on ANXM and have high expectations for UXM. So I'm not too down. Plus the info ButterRum posted about Ultron is getting me hyped.

I haven't read past the first few issues of Grant Morrison's Superman. Never been a big Superman fan. I have been reading all of the main Batman stuff. I think it's really, really good. Wasn't a big fan of the Catowman or Batgirl Death of the Family tie-in.