Page 222 of 567 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 8495
    Few days on drugs? Lovely pepper's Avatar

Is it? It could be that both the headband and the neutralizer collar are considered standard tech in the MU. I don't think anyone's saying that Emma is Tony Stark or anything.

It's entirely possible that she had help designing and building it, if that's what you're implying.

Why would Medusa or Sue or even Storm join the New Avengers if Reed, Blackbolt and Beast are there? Brand is probably the most likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Is it? It could be that both the headband and the neutralizer collar are considered standard tech in the MU. I don't think anyone's saying that Emma is Tony Stark or anything.

It's entirely possible that she had help designing and building it, if that's what you're implying.
    It isn't standard tech, ZNOP hasn't read comics in like 30 years. Just like how the Mutivac and the mind swap gun aren't standard tech. Cerebro isn't standard tech etiher and the mutivac > then it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Anyone can become an "Engineer" after receiving professional training too. The Mind tap headband that, "oh so many" accredit to Emma's technological prowess (I.e., she designed and built it) is on the same technological level as and the neutralizer collar and other similar tech.
    No, that's your purely invalid assumption.

And I really can't remember where it was mentioned in comics that Emma's inventions were on the same technological level as the Sentinel thing. If you know where it was, please tell me, thanks.

The technological level aside, both the device that enabled her to exchange body with Storm and the mind-tap mechanism that enhanced Mastermind's power, were all related to electronics, physicality, and probably neuroscience. However, Sentinels, the giant killing machines designed to genocide the mutants, are robots, which are electro-mechanical machines that controlled by computer programs. In a nutshell, there are two totally different fields. Emma was capable of designing and building mind-tap device didn't mean she's an expert of A.I., robots or machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It isn't standard tech, ZNOP hasn't read comics in like 30 years. Just like how the Mutivac and the mind swap gun aren't standard tech. Cerebro isn't standard tech etiher and the mutivac > then it.
    30 years lol... I should have ignored ZNOP's posts. My mistake.
    Last edited by airdreams; 11-25-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Looks like the P5 weren't entirely responsible for the surge in mutant hysteria after all.

Spoilers from Ucanny Avengers 2
    https://annihilusssl.sslcs.cdngc.net...e1b59faa87c31d

Perhaps Uncanny X-Men and Uncanny Avengers will have a close cooperation down the road.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    [CENTER]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/a...mmers_Baby.jpg

That would be all of Emm... Err Jean Grey's enemies? Now, that I think about it, why didn't Hope attract the attention of the Shi'ar?
    Rachel kept them occupied. Hope really should send a thank you card or something.

Looks like the P5 weren't entirely responsible for the surge in mutant hysteria after all.

ugh, what the hell happened to Cassaday? His proportions looked so weird now compared to Astonishing. I really have so very little interest in this series. I wish Rogue weren't in this book exclusively.

Only the Avengers show up now when a mutant (who is also an ally of the X-Men) blows up a city block?

It just added to what was already present in the after math/fall out of AvX and continued from UA#1

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Only the Avengers show up now when a mutant (who is also an ally of the X-Men) blows up a city block?
    Did you read UA#1

Okay. I'm thinking Marvel now! is finally the time to bring back Astrid Bloom on a new villain team. I have been waiting patiently for a veteran Emma to meet again with Astrid. Thoughts?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Okay. I'm thinking Marvel now! is finally the time to bring back Astrid Bloom on a new villain team. I have been waiting patiently for a veteran Emma to meet again with Astrid. Thoughts?
    She's either dead or depowered. I do think Astrid could've been a great member of the Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post

In her solo Emma put Astrid in a coma, and we never hear from her again, if she does return it'll be interesting and personally I wouldn't mind but I can see Bendis using Astrid as plot point to drive Cyke and Emma back together which I don't want happening anytime soon.

Yeah, I remember her being in a coma. Thats a lot of time to contemplate her abilities. If i remember correctly, she really didn't know that Emma was that far advanced and Emma was basically acting as Unit when Astrid tried to attack. Astrid is a smart woman so I know she will be very cunning at this point. Shes so sick and twisted, I actually wouldn't mind her and Sabretooth being some kind of power couple (she did kill her parents brutally afterall), obviously her being the brains behind the operation.

I think I'm just ready for Emma to take the limelight at this point so I can see what she can do.

BANNED

It would just make my year if Emma got another solo series, with Bollers returning. This time maybe reflecting the present day. I mean she could still stay on the X-Men and all, but I would love to see her POV on everything. (Kind of like Wolverine back in the day where he was on every team and had a solo.)
    It would just be amazing if she reunited with Bloom, and see what happened to Christian, ext.