Page 194 of 567 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 8494

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I thought the same thing. Bendis' Emma was the one who said that Hope was only a kid and it's her own decision at the beginning of AvX. Perhaps she intends to push those teenagers (those two new mutants seems in their teens) away from the revolution?
    No, I doubt that, I think it's more of "putting her foot down" ever chance she gets and wouldn't be surprised if she's doing a bit of roaming between books as well. ANXM first arc is going to substantiate both sides, and I give it till the big GoTG event where both sides will ultimately come together and deal with the over all big cause of the Time stream being tampered with.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it'll end up being like Avengers and New Avengers between both X-books of Bendis and it'll feel like the 90's era if Blue/Gold days.

A team defending and teaching a school and a team going around saving the world/defending mutants and protecting/freedom fighters.

Once GoTG tie-in kicks off we'll even have a galactic X-team that'll probably consist of some of the X-men from Cyke and Logan sides.

I wouldn't be surprised down the road as both ANXM and UXM that some on logan's side migrate cykes way and vice versa happening with some migrating logan's way.... til the ultimate coming together.

The impression I got was just that they didn't care about Emma at all.
    Well, her name isn't Cyclops, is it?

She wasn't important to the story after getting choked out of it.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla2099 View Post
    I was hoping we would see the E-Team also bust Emma out of jail too. I love jailbreak scenes

As for Emma losing everything, I have to disagree to an extent.

She made an investment for a goal. The mission was accomplished. So it wasn't a bad purchase

How many times did Tony Stark lose his fortune, hit rock bottom, and make a comeback?

Emma is a crafty one. Mama can use Jedi Mind Tricks on some rich saps and rebuild her empire easily. This should be nothing for her.
    Hey Godzilla! Good points. I guess I'll take anything I can get re. Emma at this point. She could change the world with her mind... but then as they say, we wouldn't have a comic

Although... I don't think she'd have given up teaching at the Jean Grey School if she'd have known that Cyclops was gonna choke her out and she'd get thrown in jail-- without heels! You understand that she didn't have heels in jail? Snap son "If I'd only known..."

At the very least though, if the jail-break scene is done in Uncanny, we can direct some real time to the pacing. I was wrong about the pacing argument much earlier... so this time I won't hurry an Emma scenes, since there is a fine line between snark and sociopathy.

I'd love a jail-break scene, I'd love to find out what's going on in Emma's mind, and with Emma/Cycke, and while I'm an Emma partisan, this will be an even "fight."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Well, her name isn't Cyclops, is it?

She wasn't important to the story after getting choked out of it.
    Sad to say... whether you are joking or not, you've got a good point! What's the only way to break the reign of Cyclops over the X-men and repair/restore human-mutan relationships? Another Cyclops!

Although I don't buy that there is really any "villain" angle to the UXM. Emma would rather beat people than use psychic powers but w/e. As I said to Godzilla... without that we wouldn't have a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Although I don't buy that there is really any "villain" angle to the UXM. Emma would rather beat people than use psychic powers but w/e. As I said to Godzilla... without that we wouldn't have a comic.
    In ANX #1 Emma, Scott and Mags seemed like real heroes who saved innocent mutants from the political oppression of humans… if creators tried to convince readers that the E-team was an anti-hero team I think they failed.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

In ANX #1 Emma, Scott and Mags seemed like real heroes who saved innocent mutants from the political oppression of humans… if creators tried to convince readers that the E-team was an anti-hero team I think they failed.
    In the first scenario definitely, but really the second didn't need a superhero team, just a good lawyer.

Black...

Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde

BANNED

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    I like it.
    So do I. Well, besides the belt buckles.

UNCANNY X-MEN #2
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • CHRIS BACHALO (A/C)
    Variant Cover by Frazer Irving
    • There is a mole on Cyclops’ team, but who is it?
    • When you hunt the UNCANNY X-MEN you use Sentinels, but when you find out WHO’S DOING THE HUNTING your jaw will drop!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    So maybe Emma will keep connection with the JGS? And damn, I'm so tired of the Emma-betrays-them thing.

Her new costume is not bad.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

So maybe Emma will keep connection with the JGS? And damn, I'm so tired of the Emma-betrays-them thing.

I seriously doubt it. The ''Emma is a traitor'' storyline is beyond tired. Plus she's on the cover, so obvious red herring. I bet it's not what it sounds like. I'm not worried/phased by it at all.

Wonder who's hunting them with sentinels.

I like it. I just i wish I had a better view of it to see more of the details.

I approve of Emma's new costume.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Black...

Wow that's hot. I'm in love (lust) with a comic book character.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah it would be an interesting direction for her if she did. Considering who else is on the team, she'd probably be the voice of reason and the more sane member.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

The mole almost has to be Emma. I just hope it's not just because Cyke dumped her.

I suppose it could be a new team-member yet to be revealed or new character altogether.