Page 193 of 567 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 8495
  1. #2881
    Senior Member Goldgeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Wow... that's wow... funny yet morbid at that the same time. Very clever.

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Cyclops has lost everyone? I think Emma has got it worst. Invested her time and money into her relationship and it all sank with Utopia.

    Kieron Gillen
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that argument. I suspect that's how she feels.


    How come ANXM begins with Emma Frost free while Consequences left her in jail? Was there just no room left to show that, or does maybe Bendis plan to go back there himself?

    Kieron Gillen

    This is really a wait and see one, I fear.

    But it's a big beat. You have to assume someone would want to tell it.
    Thanks for posting this! I hadn't read that before. I'm happy KG is paying some lip service to this. I hope Bendis addresses this at some time.


    I read ANXM... good issue, remarkably well paced. Not a ton of Emma, but more than Consequences (lol). Bendis has some of her voice down... but even then, that "Bendis" style is creeping through. I'll need to read more to see how I feel about "Bendis Emma."

    No, the prison break in Consequences doesn't get addressed. My guess is that this will be saved for UXM... I at least hope there are some fireworks!

  2. #2882
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    @ButterRum You naughty girl!

    Loved ANXM. Why do we have to wait so damn long for Uncanny?

    Bendis really has been delt with a great hand of cards from Gillen. We will have to see if he uses them right. Lets see if he takes advantage of Emma/Scott's fallen relationship.

    Who knows? Maybe they'll just stay as friends with benefits.
    Last edited by tlauderdale21; 11-14-2012 at 07:22 AM.

  3. #2883
    Senior Member Goldgeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlauderdale21 View Post
    @ButterRum You naughty girl!

    Loved ANXM. Why do we have to wait so damn long for Uncanny?

    Bendis really has been delt with a great hand of cards from Gillen. We will have to see if he uses them right. Lets see if he takes advantage of Emma/Scott's fallen relationship.

    Who knows? Maybe they'll just stay as friends with benefits.
    You are right. And I tell you what... for some reason, after reading this issue I'm far more excited than I was earlier! The best thing would be if Bendis keeps this pacing up, mixing all three groups into ANXM, while giving the Uncanny Xmen their own spot-light. Not only would that be more Emma, it would just be awesome. The potential for crossovers between the three X-books would also be very exciting.

  4. #2884
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    You are right. And I tell you what... for some reason, after reading this issue I'm far more excited than I was earlier! The best thing would be if Bendis keeps this pacing up, mixing all three groups into ANXM, while giving the Uncanny Xmen their own spot-light. Not only would that be more Emma, it would just be awesome. The potential for crossovers between the three X-books would also be very exciting.

    Oh I agree! I can't wait~

  5. #2885
    We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    I was hoping we would see the E-Team also bust Emma out of jail too. I love jailbreak scenes

    As for Emma losing everything, I have to disagree to an extent.

    She made an investment for a goal. The mission was accomplished. So it wasn't a bad purchase

    How many times did Tony Stark lose his fortune, hit rock bottom, and make a comeback?

    Emma is a crafty one. Mama can use Jedi Mind Tricks on some rich saps and rebuild her empire easily. This should be nothing for her.

  6. #2886
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,204

    Default

    I'm sure we'll see the details of Emma's status at some later point. Though it's a bit amusing we have no idea how she was captured and no idea how she escaped. The writers are either holding their cards or someopne in charge of continuity needs to be fired.

  7. #2887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    No, the prison break in Consequences doesn't get addressed. My guess is that this will be saved for UXM... I at least hope there are some fireworks!
    I'm guessing you're right. The cast of All-New is already packed, and addressing Emma's breakout and the fallout between her and Scott would be a better fit for Uncanny X-Men. Looks like we'll have to wait until February to get some answers.

  8. #2888
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm sure we'll see the details of Emma's status at some later point. Though it's a bit amusing we have no idea how she was captured and no idea how she escaped. The writers are either holding their cards or someopne in charge of continuity needs to be fired.
    Pretty much.

  9. #2889
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    The flashback of her breakout would be perfectly placed in the process of Emma and Scott addressing their relationship. And it's kinda ironic that the only one who told us how and who captured Emma was Bendis, in an Avengers title.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  10. #2890
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    And it's kinda ironic that the only one who told us how and who captured Emma was Bendis, in an Avengers title.
    Well he'll be writer her pretty much exclusively for the time being, and her character was just about perfect there, so it makes plenty of sense really.

  11. #2891
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Cyclops has lost everyone? I think Emma has got it worst. Invested her time and money into her relationship and it all sank with Utopia.

    Kieron Gillen
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that argument. I suspect that's how she feels.


    How come ANXM begins with Emma Frost free while Consequences left her in jail? Was there just no room left to show that, or does maybe Bendis plan to go back there himself?

    Kieron Gillen

    This is really a wait and see one, I fear.

    But it's a big beat. You have to assume someone would want to tell it.
    Where is this from? Could you please post the entire interview?

  12. #2892
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Well he'll be writer her pretty much exclusively for the time being, and her character was just about perfect there, so it makes plenty of sense really.
    I know that. But I'm not saying that his Emma was bad or OOC, I just found it with a little surprised that the only one seemed to care about Emma's whereabouts at the time was Bendis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyblade View Post
    Where is this from? Could you please post the entire interview?
    I found those on his formspring.
    http://www.formspring.me/KieronGillen
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  13. #2893
    Perfectly Safe Penguin ariwl1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I know that. But I'm not saying that his Emma was bad or OOC, I just found it with a little surprised that the only one seemed to care about Emma's whereabouts at the time was Bendis.
    I wouldn't say no one else cared, actually. It's just that for the particular flow of this story Emma's status and her breakout wasn't that important really. And since Bendis is the one who gets to write her I figure they left those bits to him as he will likely address it in the future when he's able to get back to team dynamics after the initial setup is out of the way.

  14. #2894
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Perhaps. But we still don't know how and when Emma was captured and how she's busted out from the jail, not to mention that we were told that Emma was on the run in AvX #12. The impression I got was just that they didn't care about Emma at all.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  15. #2895
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    with the setup of ANXM protection of mutants will be the common reasoning for Emma and Cyke but the approach will be the argument between the two.

    Emma has been down that road before, Magneto pretty much has been doing Scotts current approach all his life so of course he's going to fully support Scott to the ends of the earth as it fits into his mentality, hell I wouldn't be surprised that in UXM he misleads scott just to take over and through the course of UXM that their MO changes.
    I thought the same thing. Bendis' Emma was the one who said that Hope was only a kid and it's her own decision at the beginning of AvX. Perhaps she intends to push those teenagers (those two new mutants seem in their teens) away from the revolution?
    Last edited by airdreams; 11-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •