Page 190 of 568 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 8506
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Scott sounds like a total dork. He really should let Mags or Emma handle the talking.
    It's Bendis though, it makes no difference who's talking, they all end up sounding the same regardless. I do like how his writing demonstrates so clearly how sometimes talking the most says the least, and vice versa.

But seriously, an elite species? Maybe the E-Team's goal post-AvX is to rid these MU of all these untermenschen and carve out some lebensraum for mutantkind to flourish and multiply. After all, it doesn't count as racism if the people you're discriminating against are bigots themselves, right?

"Elite species" eh? I feel like I need a giant mallet with the word SUBTLETY on it.

That entire page reads like gibberish. Is Cyclops EFL now?

Don't be scared. We've all been through this. This first moment. My name is Scott Summers. My mutant name is Cyclops. So bad, so very bad...the repetition is the worst thing about his writing. That entire monologue sounds like Cyclops is suffering from dementia...he's all over the place.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It's more like "teaching" keep in mind in schism Emma did have a minor disagreement with Scott about the "teaching" aspect on utopia
    Yea she prefers teaching to training mutant kids but actually she has no chance to teach in school again for a while after the jail-break thing. And those two new characters (seem to be teenagers) need a tutor, Emma can take the role teaching them.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Diamond Form's fine.

edit: yanapryde beat me.

Also, nice strategy soldiers, aim bullets at the woman who can turn to diamond and the guy who controls metal, but not the perfectly shootable laser guy in the front.

Diamond Form's fine.

Also, nice strategy soldiers, aim bullets at the woman who can turn to diamond and the guy who controls metal, but not the perfectly shootable laser guy in the front.
    I thnk the power boosts are most likely cykes optic blast gets stronger and Emma will probably be able to reconstruct her diamond self/TK

Ugh so I guess no scene to show how they bust Emma out of jail in the issue.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

That's a lot of riot policeman they're tearing through. Any idea where they are?

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    Ugh so I guess no scene to show how they bust Emma out of jail in the issue.
    We already knew that was unlikely to come. It'll likely get explore either later in the arc or in the new uncanny book. Either way, it's probably best they start moving the story along.

BANNED

Diamond Form's fine.

Well if you really think about it, diamonds are hardly bulletproof, they might be impossible to scratch but they fracture quite easily. You can smash one with a hammer, and that would have far less force behind it than a bullet does. Actually, Emma would probably be much more susceptible to gunfire in diamond form than in just her normal form, at least then the bullet could pass through or get lodged in somewhere without blowing way a huge chunk of her internals, if a well placed shot hit her in diamond form then her entire body would probably shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    That's a lot of riot policeman they're tearing through. Any idea where they are?
    Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Well if you really think about it, diamonds are hardly bulletproof, they might be impossible to scratch but they fracture quite easily. You can smash one with a hammer, and that would have far less force behind it than a bullet does. Actually, Emma would probably be much more susceptible to gunfire in diamond form than in just her normal form, at least then the bullet could pass through or get lodged in somewhere without blowing way a huge chunk of her internals, if a well placed shot hit her in diamond form then her entire body would probably shatter.
    Stop defending the dumb officers with real world logic, who should know better. They're flinging bullets at an armored form supe and the master of magnetism.

She's not just any kind of diamond she has no edges really, she's smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Indeed, but the science of being an organic diamond is probably way far off base anyway. When Emma lost her arm in Uncanny it look like it had just been severed and fallen clean off which doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. In reality having a body of some kind of crystal as a power would probably really suck, like when Jean threw that one mutant against a wall and he just shattered.

Starbucks.
    On another Avengers coffee run?