Page 188 of 567 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 8505
  1. #2806
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    its a boys club that group.

  2. #2807
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I still think the mind gem should have been given to Emma.
    So what your saying you want a repeat characterization of Emma of what we were given in AvX correct?

  3. #2808
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    Lol, how misogynistic they are. Even the Cabal had a female member.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So what your saying you want a repeat characterization of Emma of what we were given in AvX correct?
    ? I don't get it.

    You mean the power-hunger thing? Infinity Gems won't corrupt people. And since Namor, one of the P5 still stays in the Illuminati, Emma can join them too.
    Last edited by airdreams; 11-11-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  4. #2809
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Emma is the rightful replacement to Xavier, since they are both telepaths who think very much alike, only she doesn't shy away as much as Xavier did when it came to certain moral choices. Besides her recent P5 experience would've made her even more weary about power corruption and an advocate of not using the Gems.

    But I suppose is not just cause she's a female (Though I'm sure that's a huge part of it!), her position as a P5 probably makes her not an option. Namor has his gem already so is not like they can kick him out.

  5. #2810
    Elder Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Emma is the rightful replacement to Xavier, since they are both telepaths who think very much alike, only she doesn't shy away as much as Xavier did when it came to certain moral choices. Besides her recent P5 experience would've made her even more weary about power corruption and an advocate of not using the Gems.

    But I suppose is not just cause she's a female (Though I'm sure that's a huge part of it!), her position as a P5 probably makes her not an option. Namor has his gem already so is not like they can kick him out.
    I wouldn't even say that, Xavier was just as morally compromised as Emma Frost ever was. She is just more honest about it. Xavier has had years to build this illusion of being this saint.

    Hickman said she may appear.

  6. #2811
    GUILTY Phoenix Egg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX by way of the WHR
    Posts
    7,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

    Hickman said she may appear.
    Emma and Namor still friends/fuck buddies?

    Yes, please!
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

  7. #2812
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    It's not about the corruption, it's most likely what writers would have her do with it. As she's characterized, she isn't a suitable replacement for Xavier and is portrayed as a character who doesn't respect things above her nor care for the consequences. Despite the fact Namor was a P5 he does have some understanding thus why he didn't use his gem. Xavier gave his to most likely beast for something along those principles.

  8. #2813
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wouldn't even say that, Xavier was just as morally compromised as Emma Frost ever was. She is just more honest about it. Xavier has had years to build this illusion of being this saint.

    Hickman said she may appear.
    Oh I agree, I'm just trying to avoid getting some cry baby who needs to defend that creepy bald bastard of a corpse.

    Ahem. My he rest in peace.

    In the Red Skull's brain jar.

  9. #2814
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Emma is open about it than Xavier to an extent, in the sense everyone else on the X-men that had bad dealings with her expose it, namely Kitty and Jean and so on. But in terms of "open open"... probably she has been with Cyke more often than anyone else.

    Edit: The way she's being developed now Post AvX, I see her as a perfect fit in NA her current state just works. I see her on cykes team but there's only so much avenues they can do with her and the whole ex's deal being on the same team with out some teasers of possible reuniting. So her bouncing between books like ANXM,UA (possibly not likely) UXM, and NA (huge possibility going off Hickmans premise) would need to happen to develop her character.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 11-11-2012 at 12:21 PM.

  10. #2815
    Veteran Member airdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    I know it's kinda unlikely but I really hope Emma can join that all-lady team.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

  11. #2816
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I know it's kinda unlikely but I really hope Emma can join that all-lady team.
    Nah you don't want Emma on that team, that book is D-list city. And will probably suck.

  12. #2817
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gotham City Library
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Nah you don't want Emma on that team, that book is D-list city. And will probably suck.
    It's written by the same writer who did The Fearless, the last thing it will do is suck. However, they should've just made it a Valkyrie solo book.

  13. #2818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I still think the mind gem should have been given to Emma.
    I agree 100%. And who knows? many things can still happen... I am curious about how having hold the Phoenix force will change Emma abilities...

  14. #2819
    F&*k BOTA!!! Hariel0079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    It's written by the same writer who did The Fearless, the last thing it will do is suck. However, they should've just made it a Valkyrie solo book.
    Valkyrie is still fresh she doesn't have enough going for her for a solo.

    It'd be interesting if Emma did a mission with them but other than that, I'd like to see her on NA, i've noticed in Bendis twitter account that him and Hickman have been talking a lot, so I think something will happen between both books (UXM and NA)

  15. #2820
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Nah you don't want Emma on that team, that book is D-list city. And will probably suck.
    What a surprise. Even though Marvel are attempting to do something with female characters you're still going to find a way to take umbrage. Predictable.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •