Page 184 of 568 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 8507

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    That's a good point. I guess you're arguing this the UXM are New Avengers to and the ANXM are the Mighty Avengers... I don't know what what the book 'feels' like though. I haven't read it.

My own thinking is that the "revolutionary" aspect may be a bit more done. It sounds to me like same old same old-- as Gillen had Cyclops say "protecting a world that hates and fears us, what else is new?" I think Bendis actually did hit on some of these themes before when he wrote Osborne's Avengers during Dark Reign, but I don't think Cyclops and his team will be the cauldron that the Dark Avengers were. So I really don't know what will be going on in this book. This doesn't seem like something that can go on for a long time. The X-men and the cops can only chase the other Uncanny X-men for so long saying "oh these guys are mutant terrorist" (or w/e) without the UXM actually doing some "terrorist" stuff before it seems forced. And don't read too much into "terrorist" I'm not trying to draw real world analogies-- I'm speaking colloquially, imagining what MU characters might say.

No, I'm saying ANXM feels like Avengers and UXM feels like New Avengers

Mighty Avengers didn't last long, and was a team that Tony Stark have carol create when the divide/schism amongst the avengers happen which later got disbanded after and carol chose to join the NA against Tony/Osborn

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Hmmm....that does kinda beg the question. If WatX fills the school role and Bendis' UX take a more traditional X-book with an edgier shade of paint, what niche is ANX supposed to fill?
    05 nostalgia guilt bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    hmmm.. i'm gonna wait til the second arc in ANXM to decide because that sums up the first arc and probably what sets off cykes team. Like I said he supports the school and wont be against them, especially with Tean Jean there. I'm guessing we'll get more when the GoTG crossover event happens later in 2013

it's likely going to be the book that sets the main plots for the x-verse. at least that's what its going to do with UXM and to a lesser extend WaTXM, and maybe the X-Forces down the line, but it's really hard to say what it'll be about once each new books starts off. it could just be a meet team book, where they summarize things in each book. it could be a book for stand alone stories. it could just focus on the 05 if they are staying (Part of me still hopes they leave, really). it could transform into the new astonishing and be about random shit like Warbird or Danger's first period.

And like it or not the two books are bound to intertwine for however long this goes.

What are the most, um, 'raciest' photos of emma?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And like it or not the two books are bound to intertwine for however long this goes.
    I'm not sure, they're doing all the guilt stuff before uncanny relaunches, so unless they're planning on getting repeatative or one of the 05 is joining the E-team, there wouldn't be much reason to have them even hanging.

it's likely going to be the book that sets the main plots for the x-verse. at least that's what its going to do with UXM and to a lesser extend WaTXM, and maybe the X-Forces down the line, but it's really hard to say what it'll be about once each new books starts off. it could just be a meet team book, where they summarize things in each book. it could be a book for stand alone stories. it could just focus on the 05 if they are staying (Part of me still hopes they leave, really). it could transform into the new astonishing and be about random shit like Warbird or Danger's first period.
    Being that Bendis is in control with both, like with NA and Avengers, it wont necessarily be a stand alone. What i'm alluding to is that something has gotta give down the road. Both books will be pushing Xaviers dream and it's part of the Marvel NOW status quo, which UA is also doing in it's own manner. So down the road a merger is likely to come just not any time soon, we need a build up we need a story. ANXM and UXM screams Blue/Gold 90's era to me. Gold team lead by scott at the time was mainly at the school to teach and train where the Blue team lead by storm went around the world recruiting, and protecting mutants.

Scott's preparing for a "revolution" based on the actions of the current mental state of the public.... i think along his travels (where bendis mention those who supported the P5 actions) this thinking will be defined and tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No, I'm saying ANXM feels like Avengers and UXM feels like New Avengers

Mighty Avengers didn't last long, and was a team that Tony Stark have carol create when the divide/schism amongst the avengers happen which later got disbanded after and carol chose to join the NA against Tony/Osborn
    Thanks for clarifying. But I'm a bit more confused. I felt the team vs team aspect was present in Mighty vs New Avengers, especially during the Initiative period. I think the Avengers vs Dark Avengers is a feel that I don't think the book will have, since it won't be heroes vs villains.

Wait, what are the X-Books as of Marvel NOW?

I don't think Wolverine and the X-Men will be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

what makes you think that? As far as I know they're moving forward in Now. There's plans for the 05, the new mutant characters and villians.

Theres a list somewhere Pal, I'll try finding it.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

what makes you think that? As far as I know they're moving forward in Now. There's plans for the 05, the new mutant characters and villians.
    Just cause of what Brevoort was saying about big numbers being a deterrent to newer readers and number 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldgeller View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. But I'm a bit more confused. I felt the team vs team aspect was present in Mighty vs New Avengers, especially during the Initiative period. I think the Avengers vs Dark Avengers is a feel that I don't think the book will have, since it won't be heroes vs villains.
    It was, but after seige you still had NA and you had avengers which is what i'm going with since they are both hero teams, the MA were a hero team but supported the Registration Act. There's nothing along the lines with ANXM and UXM that supports such an Idea since their goals are the same and are supporting one another in a odd sense. Bendis mention the theme of "family" in his interview with the Avengers and points out the X-men are a very, very, very, very dysfunctional family, so I'm seeing or at least foreseeing him pushing the idea of "family" and them coming together being worked in both his X-books.

WatXM
    UXF(psylocke)
    CaXF
    ANXM
    X-Men
    UXM
    Xtreme X-Men
    X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    It was, but after seige you still had NA and you had avengers which is what i'm going with since they are both hero teams, the MA were a hero team but supported the Registration Act. There's nothing along the lines with ANXM and UXM that supports such an Idea since their goals are the same and are supporting one another in a odd sense. Bendis mention the theme of "family" in his interview with the Avengers and points out the X-men are a very, very, very, very dysfunctional family, so I'm seeing or at least foreseeing him pushing the idea of "family" and them coming together being worked in both his X-books.

WatXM
    UXF(psylocke)
    CaXF
    ANXM
    X-Men
    UXM
    Xtreme X-Men
    X-Factor
    Hmmm that leaves no more names left for Bendis to launch a third book apart from Dark X-Men and Generation X.

Also according to Gillen the dinner scene was a break up scene. "We can't go on like this".

http://www.formspring.me/KieronGille...96905915771145