Page 178 of 567 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 8493

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Very true. And Rachel has always had...you know what, abort. I do not have the proper fashion vocabulary to effectively continue this sentence.

And I'm thinking too much about an outfit I can only see one third of. I'll refrain from speculation until I see the whole thing.
    Hopefully we'll see Bendis drop previews like he did with ANXM, but with the interaction I'm more on the fence if it'll be friendly.

Bachalo did say he's starting on the art in his blog so odds are we're not getting more beyond the cover till next year. However, the story clearly starts in ANXM so at the very least we'll get to get a sense of where they are.

Though now that we know they're over, I do wonder how the breaking her out went.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I wonder how ButterRum will take this news.
    She will freak out and then realize I was right all along as usual. :)
    My Canon > Your Canon

Bachalo did say he's starting on the art in his blog so odds are we're not getting more beyond the cover till next year. However, the story clearly starts in ANXM so at the very least we'll get to get a sense of where they are.

Though now that we know they're over, I do wonder how the breaking her out went.

The idea of "mutant revolution" and in Consequences 5 scott giving his support for the school... one has to wonder and find interesting since in 616 Scott is doing what seems 1610 Jean is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The idea of "mutant revolution" and in Consequences 5 scott giving his support for the school... one has to wonder and find interesting since in 616 Scott is doing what seems 1610 Jean is doing.
    Oh if only they could meet...

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Phoenix Force makes you do loopy things, but it doesn't enhance anything that wasn't already there. And when it comes to thoughts if we followed the same logic I think you could argue that Scott wasn't to be blamed for sneaking to Emma in the first place behind Jean's back, and I don't think even Jean haters give Scott that much credit.
    The difference with Scott and Emma is that there was no outside influence and it happened repeatedly. So Scott had multiple opportunities where he consciously decided to do what he did while 100% in his right mind.

The way Emma/Namor was described sounds like it was pure id, like the moment she started to consider the prospect it was BAM TP horizontal mambo.

So I don't mind Scott being pissed about it (since it still happened), if he genuinely holds it against her I'll be really annoyed. Especially since he was completely ok with it almost ACTUALLY happening.

But the main reason this would piss me off is because there's plenty of legitimately interesting reasons for them to break up without needing to drag the space bird into it.

I'm wondering Emma's role in it. the telepathist in fights? the tutor of those two "new" mutants? would she hate Scott and stay with him because she has no other choice? or because she finds saving and training mutants the most important thing she should do? I hope to see more interaction between her and Kitty.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

BANNED

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them breaking up or staying together(even though i'd say Bendis will put them back together eventually) but a part of me is concerned about Emma's status as a character in the franchise now that they're done.

As much as i'm sure some of you hate to admit it, if we're being honest, Emma owe's her relevance/importance in the stories right now to Cyclops. If she's no longer attached to what is basically the main character of the entire franchise, what does this mean for her future? Will they build her importance on her own actions, or has she become expendable? I dunno.

Honestly, if they're done, i would rather have seen her at the School.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    The difference with Scott and Emma is that there was no outside influence and it happened repeatedly. So Scott had multiple opportunities where he consciously decided to do what he did while 100% in his right mind.
    I agree pretty much with the rest of your post so I'll just mention this. It's definitely true that they were influenced, but the Phoenix has basically been attributed to some kind of mind altering drug at this point, rather then some kind of sentient thing that actively pushes or leads its hosts into performing certain actions. So while influence was there it seems more along the lines alcohol or cocaine.

But it doesn't really matter. Marvel won't push too hard on that as it would make all former hosts more or less irredeemable after a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    As much as i'm sure some of you hate to admit it, if we're being honest, Emma owe's her relevance/importance in the stories right now to Cyclops. If she's no longer attached to what is basically the main character of the entire franchise, what does this mean for her future? Will they build her importance on her own actions, or has she become expendable? I dunno.
    Oh I've always known that to be true. Emma was maybe B or C list before Morrison and hooking up with Scott introduced her to a lot of readers. But while not being Scott's squeeze any more might threaten that long term depending, the fun part is they are still in the same book AND still basically attached since they'll be fighting their way to their final breakup rather than just cutting and running.

Emma is still pretty much attatched to Scott even if they are no longer dating. She is part of the P5 and essentially enabled his behavior up until now. I don't think her role could be dimished even if they wanted to right now, short of killing her off, which given Maddie and Jean I doubt they'll repeat that particular route. I don't think her relevance will suffer much out of this, unless they suddenly make Scott hook up with someone else right away. But it seems he's going to remain astonishingly single for a while.

There's also the fact that in this particular group, the odd man out is Scott, not Emma. Magik, Mags and Emma have all been on this type of path before.
    Last edited by xhx23x; 11-09-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    Honestly, if they're done, i would rather have seen her at the School.
    Same here.

And what did Bendis mean that "this breakup's going to take a while and it's not going to be pretty"? It would be ridiculously disappointing if the relationship ended up with a bitter quarrel.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Emma is still pretty much attatched to Scott even if they are no longer dating. She is part of the P5 and essentially enabled his behavior up until now. I don't think her role could be dimished even if they wanted to right now, short of killing her off, which given Maddie and Jean I doubt they'll repeat that particular route. I don't think her relevance will suffer much out of this, unless they suddenly make Scott hook up with someone else right away. But it seems he's going to remain astonishingly single for a while.

There's also the fact that in this particular group, the odd man out is Scott, not Emma. Magik, Mags and Emma have all been on this type of path before.
    I agree, particularly with the killing off part. It may not have been evident to readers even with Jean's last death, but if Emma were to depart the books in such a way right now I get the feeling a lot of people would cry foul of a pattern that was bad to begin with and would only get more seedy each time it repeated.

And I laugh at the two new mutants. I'm going to be fascinated watching who they gravitate to.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    And what did Bendis mean that "this breakup's going to take a while and it's not going to be pretty"? It would be ridiculously disappointing if the relationship ended up with a bitter quarrel.
    Would you prefer a mutual parting of romantic ways? While AvX sucked it didn't really leave that kind of option on the table.

Don't worry, they will kiss and make up in Bendis' final issue and then everything will be as before he came aboard. *coughWonder Man, Wasp*cough*

Emma in black, Scott+Emma over. The world is ending.

Same here.

I really hope this means that while they'll officially end the relationship like mature adults, they'll be really petty and snarky with each other for a while.