Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He did? I must have missed it.

spoilers:
    “It was Halloween, Dresden. You put on a mask for a time. That’s all.” He looked directly at me and said, “Many, many mantles are worn—or discarded—on Halloween night, wizard.”
    end of spoilers

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Eight hour speed read.

Awesome book. :)
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    I burned through this one in a scant fourteen hours. And now I have to wait a year or two just to see what happens next. The cliffhanger Butcher left us with is enough to make my head split, hur-hur-hur.

spoilers:
    No, but seriously, who else was a little terrified to discover that Lily could throw down all Firestar-ish like that? Holy crap, she was one of those background characters I always considered fairly flimsy beforehand, and just when we discover her heretofore unknown levels of magical bad assery, she get gets taken from us with a bullet to the temple. How depressing is that? I wanted to learn MORE and she gets capped. /sadness.

Props to the way Butcher built up Fix too. He became a man when we weren't watching, and then that man became an Elf Samurai. I love these books.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The thing with Lily didn't surprise me since the Winter/Summer Ladies are supposed to be at least comparable to people like Mab. Her rage might of been surprising, but the power wasn't. Then again seeing what the mantles do to you..the rage isn't that surprising, especially since Summer is apparently more geared toward Chaos
    end of spoilers

Also so what do people think Mac is? When..spoilers:
    at the end of the book when someone asked what he was he said "I'm out" at first I figured he was just doing the "I'm out of this business" thing but then I had this weird thought..what if he was some type of Outsider?
    end of spoilers As for Odin..spoilers:
    am I the only one who doesn't like that he is Santa Claus too? Well ok I don't dislike it or anything, but I found him more interesting when I thought that, while his power level reflected high end fae, he wasn't one himself.
    end of spoilers

Also do we really need to be putting up spoiler tags? I'd think anyone viewing this thread should expect to be spoiled, but I'll keep them up for now.
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-30-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Also so what do people think Mac is? When..spoilers:
    at the end of the book when someone asked what he was he said "I'm out" at first I figured he was just doing the "I'm out of this business" thing but then I had this weird thought..what if he was some type of Outsider?
    end of spoilers
    I took that phrase as "I'm out of the job. Read the sign. Neutral place. I ain't getting involved in this shit anymore."

That said, he's totally god.

spoilers:
    I'm betting archangel or Merlin though
    end of spoilers

As for Odin..spoilers:
    am I the only one who doesn't like that he is Santa Claus too? Well ok I don't dislike it or anything, but I found him more interesting when I thought that, while his power level reflected high end fae, he wasn't one himself.
    end of spoilers
    Depends on how you read it. Technically speaking Odin myths came into existence before, and were only later linked/used as base to that other myth. So it's likely that he was Odin before being that other guy.

Also do we really need to be putting up spoiler tags? I'd think anyone viewing this thread should expect to be spoiled, but I'll keep them up for now.
    I also don't see the need. But I might as well use them for the real spoiler-y stuff.

Got the ebook the morning of the 27th, took me nearly all day to read. Couldn't put it down, still rereading it and going back to revisit earlier books. Lots of things to love about it.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

I need to say this, next to Harry Thomas is my favorite character. When the two of them are together it's even better. Whether its backing each other up in a fight, or throwing each other into the lake, they have great chemistry. I really loved their reunion, Thomas' shock when he realized that his brother really was alive.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I took that phrase as "I'm out of the job. Read the sign. Neutral place. I ain't getting involved in this shit anymore."

That said, he's totally god.

spoilers:
    I'm betting archangel or Merlin though
    end of spoilers

Depends on how you read it. Technically speaking Odin myths came into existence before, and were only later linked/used as base to that other myth. So it's likely that he was Odin before being that other guy.

I also don't see the need. But I might as well use them for the real spoiler-y stuff.
    spoilers:
    Did a little research on Angelic names that begin with M. Got "Machidiel" Guardian angel of adventurers.
    end of spoilers

It would appear that our boy has a past.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

I am going to start my reread from book 1 next week. Should put the events in a new light!

I hope the future books will tell us more about

1) The Black Council
    2) The Fomor
    3) The Jade Court
    4) Nicodemus and The Denarians

Quote Originally Posted by Daesim View Post
    spoilers:
    Did a little research on Angelic names that begin with M. Got "Machidiel" Guardian angel of adventurers.
    end of spoilers

It would appear that our boy has a past.
    Well if you're looking for angels with names that begin with M there is a much more obvious one..though there are guardian angels and then there are angels who just observe right? They did call him a watcher..at first I thought it meant maybe he used to "watch" the gates that keep the Outsiders out..but then that is the Gatekeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I need to say this, next to Harry Thomas is my favorite character. When the two of them are together it's even better. Whether its backing each other up in a fight, or throwing each other into the lake, they have great chemistry. I really loved their reunion, Thomas' shock when he realized that his brother really was alive.
    I like him, I just wish he'd stop saying "empty night" so much.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Well if you're looking for angels with names that begin with M there is a much more obvious one..though there are guardian angels and then there are angels who just observe right? They did call him a watcher..at first I thought it meant maybe he used to "watch" the gates that keep the Outsiders out..but then that is the Gatekeeper.

That is for him what Hell's Bell's and Stars and Stones are for Harry. Besides spoilers:
    those three sayings will be the titles of the final three books in the series.
    end of spoilers

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by felix77 View Post
    I hope the future books will tell us more about

1) The Black Council
    2) The Fomor
    3) The Jade Court
    4) Nicodemus and The Denarians
    Book 15 has the Nickelheads and possibly Ivy too!!!!!

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Stars and stones, man.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Book 15 has the Nickelheads and possibly Ivy too!!!!!
    Really? Where did you hear that?