Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Cold Days - Jim Butcher

For the audiobook fans -- James Marsters is 100% confirmed and reportedly recording it right now.

Both hardcover and audio due to be out Nov 27.

Looking forward to it. I wonder now that Harry is the Winter Knight, does he still have to follow the Council Edicts regarding Magic?

Can the Council kick him out for taking up the mantle of Winter Knight? Does it violate any rules?

Also, wonder if he will return to Chicago. If he does, how will his friends and family react? Can't wait to find out.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

BANNED

Good questions. As long as he is not breaking any of the seven laws of magic, I don't see how they could kick him out.....interesting thought though. Unless him coming back form the dead counts as "reaching beyond the Borders of Life." They certainly won't be please about it, in any case.

Very excited for this book!
    Last edited by jediracer; 10-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Animation & Illustration

With Morgan out of the picture, is there anyone on the Council who's really chasing after Harry's head? I thought he'd become rather indispensable to them, training younger wizards in battle-magic and taking a commanding role in their forces... though they've probably worked out some sort of replacement since he's been "dead". Is there an expectation that they're going to go all Terminator on him again, given the state of the world?
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read"- Groucho Marx

Illustration Gallery
    2D Animation Studio

There's a lot of questions that need to be answered. They didn't touch on the Council at all last novel so who knows what's going on. Also, will Cowl make an appearance? How will Harry help Molly? Lastly, how will they all react when Harry physically shows up after being a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    With Morgan out of the picture, is there anyone on the Council who's really chasing after Harry's head? I thought he'd become rather indispensable to them, training younger wizards in battle-magic and taking a commanding role in their forces... though they've probably worked out some sort of replacement since he's been "dead". Is there an expectation that they're going to go all Terminator on him again, given the state of the world?
    Merlin, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueferret View Post
    Merlin, I guess.
    And any number of yet-to-be-introduced characters that have very good reason to be highly suspicious of the probably warlock who just, as far as anyone who wasn't there would say, single-handled wiped out the entire Red Court at the peak of their powers, shows up working directly for the High Queen of the Winter Fae.

At this point, unless the Council is catastrophically stupid (Which they've been before, but when has that ever benefited Harry?), they're going to be hella suspicious of them.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inkthinker View Post
    Someone's already mentioned Merlin, but I'd imagine the Black Council's infiltrator(s) wouldn't be particularly well-disposed towards Harry.
    Expletive Deleted

In terms of story progression, Ghost Story had to happen. Butcher kept upping the stakes with each successive novel and something had to give. It reset the landscape and gives Harry a chance to gather his surroundings and go forward again.

BANNED

I agree, Changes was a swan song, pretty much a culmination of all storylines that were building in the previous books. It was the ultimate climax. And if it takes another 12 books to get to somewhere like that again, I think I'm okay with that.,...

BANNED

first three chapters are posted on his website

Looking forward to this book. Any early reviews yet?

1 week to go.

Just finished reading it.

A New Enemy Threat introduced here. More powerful than The Fomor or The Black Council.

I'll answer any queries you might have if you want.