Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Maybe it's just a result of chance? I mean, we're looking at pretty small sample sizes.

BTW, JL 14 has WW's face "in front."

Add the "recap" picture in Superman 14.
    As I always say, more evidence usually leads to a stronger conclusion.

I've posted the pics here and I will add them to the data. If you go back through the thread you will see I have added samples of both kinds of pic.

Personally I am inclined to look at the character who has their head tilted towards the reader as "dominant".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2725356-sm14__sm_ww_super.jpg  
    Last edited by brettc1; 02-01-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    You know Annie Lennox?? Cool.
    I think it's even more impressive that he knows Emile Zola, who died in 1902.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    I think it's even more impressive that he knows Emile Zola, who died in 1902.
    I'm only just starting to read Nana.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    We have an entire thread dedicated to how Wonder Woman kisses?
    Yeah, there's no reason for this, other than people have too much time on their hands to think about Wonder Woman. Get back to work ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Get back to work ;)
    Actually, I'm at work...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Yeah, there's no reason for this, other than people have too much time on their hands to think about Wonder Woman. Get back to work ;)
    I'm un-employed :)

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Lennox Lewis and Zola Budd.

Superman #16 has smooching, but I honestly think this topic is akin to asking about how you orient your toilet paper.
    Hahaha! Exactly.

More examples - hopefully not ones already used.

Is that Dick in the cowl? Note that while Kori is narrating her face has the higher profile.

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

Not quite a kiss. From a WW cover this time. I might be wrong but Diana's and Clark's heights look closer to being the same in this one. If you look at the pic up-page where they kiss on the Kent Farm, Clark is clearly shown about four inches taller.

heh - at least I know one person wont be complaining about this post. You're welcome Javier

Last edited by brettc1; 02-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Welcome back to the thread that looks at how couples are drawn when they kiss. Seems the guys will be maintaining their lead for whose face is in the more prominent position, but we will see. Notice how Diana's face is more in the foreground in the pic from her book where she is exerting her dominance against Orion?

I will have to get some of the fan art too - might be interesting to see if the pattern persists there... :)

Last edited by brettc1; 11-22-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Welcome back to the thread that looks at how couples are drawn when they kiss. Seems the guys will be maintaining their lead for whose face is in the more prominent position, but we will see. Notice how Diana's face is more in the foreground in the pic from her book where she is exerting her dominance against Orion?

I will have to get some of the fan art too - might be interesting to see if the pattern persists there... :)

I think you're examining the wrong body parts for a hint of dominance. I'd look at the HANDS. Notice how Superman is hinted in being dominant based on him grabbing her neck while she is merely caressing his face.

Yet, in the Orion picture, SHE is grabbing his head and appears to be the Kisser, rather than the Kissee

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    I think you're examining the wrong body parts for a hint of dominance. I'd look at the HANDS. Notice how Superman is hinted in being dominant based on him grabbing her neck while she is merely caressing his face.

Yet, in the Orion picture, SHE is grabbing his head and appears to be the Kisser, rather than the Kissee
    I think you are right here, she is the one going for the kiss . Orion is surprised. I think it's the better angle to show both of their faces and Diana dominance

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I think you are right here, she is the one going for the kiss . Orion is surprised. I think it's the better angle to show both of their faces and Diana dominance
    And her eyes are CLOSED, but his are open. This doesn't speak of dominance, but it speaks of enjoyment. Either way, interesting at any rate.

How would you view this one?

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    How would you view this one?
    In my opinion, Batman is the dominant one here. She is "holding" his face, but he is holding the back of her head, implying that he's in control of how long the kiss would theoretically last.