Page 5 of 668 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 10006
  1. #61
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually makes more sense of Spidey's motto.

    "With great power comes greater ability to respond."
    Or you could just use Viagra.

  2. #62
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    So, just to be clear on this: The man who became the Joker was a criminal known as the Red Hood who wore a two-way mirror fishbowl hat and a cape to hide his identity, no-one in his gang knew who he was, after the accident there's no fingerprints or DNA evidence to tie him to his previous identity, no-one seems to recognize him and even his own pre-accident memories are screwed up.

    That's pretty weird.

  3. #63
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    So, just to be clear on this: The man who became the Joker was a criminal known as the Red Hood who wore a two-way mirror fishbowl hat and a cape to hide his identity, no-one in his gang knew who he was, after the accident there's no fingerprints or DNA evidence to tie him to his previous identity, no-one seems to recognize him and even his own pre-accident memories are screwed up.

    That's pretty weird.
    Doesn't the Joker have multiple backgrounds on purpose, just to make his origins more mysterious?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  4. #64
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Doesn't the Joker have multiple backgrounds on purpose, just to make his origins more mysterious?
    Theoretically he kinda has to be a nobody with no living family or friends who never had a criminal record yet was already pretty good at it, otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

    Unless the chemicals actively raised his IQ enough for him to become a criminal mastermind overnight... Which seems less likely, but comics.

  5. #65
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,886

    Default

    It is a terrifying conundrum to admit to one's self: what does one do when one's only passion and closest thing to a sense of purpose has become one of their biggest sources of self-loathing?
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  6. #66
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It is a terrifying conundrum to admit to one's self: what does one do when one's only passion and closest thing to a sense of purpose has become one of their biggest sources of self-loathing?
    Cast all life, all civilizations... All of existance into the void. Then you too may cease to exist... Forever!

    Oh, and Abridged Cooler Movie is out.

  7. #67
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Cast all life, all civilizations... All of existance into the void. Then you too may cease to exist... Forever!
    That sounds nice.


    Oh, and Abridged Cooler Movie is out.
    Meh. Honestly, their takes on the movies aren't that great. Probably because they have a lot less material to manipulate.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  8. #68
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Meh. Honestly, their takes on the movies aren't that great. Probably because they have a lot less material to manipulate.
    *Shrug* I liked the Bardock one. Lord Slug had some good moments too.

  9. #69
    McNinja Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Meh. Honestly, their takes on the movies aren't that great. Probably because they have a lot less material to manipulate.
    This one seemed much better than the others IMO, as did To Boldly Flee. Of course the ending has got me a bit bummed because one of my favorite net series has ended.

    Of course when I'm feeling really down I usually dig out a Rifftrax I like, or something else that I know will make me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

    ......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

  10. #70
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dream Realm
    Posts
    22,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    *Shrug* I liked the Bardock one. Lord Slug had some good moments too.
    And now that I've watched it, yeah, this one turned out alright. Actually, major props to the guy who voiced Cooler. That was an awesome job, actually reminded me of several professional voices I'd heard in animes and such.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    This one seemed much better than the others IMO, as did To Boldly Flee. Of course the ending has got me a bit bummed because one of my favorite net series has ended.
    Yeah, To Boldly Flee turned out a lot better than the early trailers made it seem. Felt more like a real movie than the ones before it.

    Apparently, though, I'm the only one who actually liked the Nostalgia Critic who's actually happy to see the show end. I liked the NC a lot, but I've long held the feeling that I like these actors best when they are playing their characters and not just parroting scenes from other movies and the angry reviewer bit has gotten stale. I'm really looking forward to what the Walkers do next, and I respect their decision to end NC on a high note, rather than drag it on.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

    I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

  11. #71
    McNinja Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    And now that I've watched it, yeah, this one turned out alright. Actually, major props to the guy who voiced Cooler. That was an awesome job, actually reminded me of several professional voices I'd heard in animes and such.

    Yeah, To Boldly Flee turned out a lot better than the early trailers made it seem. Felt more like a real movie than the ones before it.

    Apparently, though, I'm the only one who actually liked the Nostalgia Critic who's actually happy to see the show end. I liked the NC a lot, but I've long held the feeling that I like these actors best when they are playing their characters and not just parroting scenes from other movies and the angry reviewer bit has gotten stale. I'm really looking forward to what the Walkers do next, and I respect their decision to end NC on a high note, rather than drag it on.
    Oh I'm looking forward to the new shows, don't get me wrong, I just liked the NC and will miss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

    ......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

  12. #72
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It is a terrifying conundrum to admit to one's self: what does one do when one's only passion and closest thing to a sense of purpose has become one of their biggest sources of self-loathing?
    I believe Rudyard Kipling would have said:

    "Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"

    Yeah, that conundrum is almost the essence of adulthood, or possibly even humanity.

    The only things we care enough about to cause self-loathing, dread and embarrassment are the things that are absolutely the most important to us.

    Sucks being grown up, don't it?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  13. #73
    Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,504

    Default


  14. #74
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Abyssal Exalted are heavily weighted towards making you a brooding rebel who dresses like a Goth, kills everything he touches and then angsts about it... There's really not all that much room for other interpretations within the rules as written.

    So I tried to work out, as an intellectual exercise, what circumstances I'd be willing to play as one under. This is what I came up with:

    Abyssals are picked the instant after they die, given the choice of reanimating as a champion of oblivion and the dead... Usually however, it is not right after being decapitated by your second when committing ritual suicide to retain your honor.

    So, whilst some retain grotesque injuries from their death, most don't carry their head under their arm and sheathe their sword through their chest.

    The Neverborn generally don't like their Deathknights to retain strong ties to their previous lives either, but the Dullahan of the Ebon Lotus in Gold Trimmed Black Armour won't impinge upon his honor for such trivial reasons as fear of invoking the wrath of undead gods older than time itself.

    ...Actually, changing the entire setup of Abyssal from "Angsty Vampires from Hell" to "Samurai of the Underworld" would go a long way to making them more interesting.

    Less "My Dark Masters wish to cast the world into Oblivion but I strive for redemption.", more "I speak for the dead. You have dishonored your ancestors. Soon I shall speak for you."

  15. #75
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Though now that I think about it, hiring an undead demigod samurai to take out your descendants for failing to live up to your expectations is kinda a dick move for a ghost to make.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •