Page 4 of 668 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Letting go of something, even a dead horse of concept, can be difficult to do. That is human nature.
    Humans are gluttons for punishment, I guess.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Bouquets of flowers are kinda lazy... It's much more romantic to provide a bouquet of swords taken from your rival suitors as trophies.

Well, unless the flowers are Flaahgras. Flaahgras are hella romantic.

Well, my parents went to Croatia on vacation, so it's just me and the pets for the next week.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, my parents went to Croatia on vacation, so it's just me and the pets for the next week.
    Now is the time to go to your secret basement forge and create the SWORD OF POWER, the one sword to RULE THEM ALL.

Just don't forget to loudly shout that you're doing it so that a passerby can hear you.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Now is the time to go to your secret basement forge and create the SWORD OF POWER, the one sword to RULE THEM ALL.

Just don't forget to loudly shout that you're doing it so that a passerby can hear you.
    A sort of... Master Sword, you might even say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Humans are gluttons for punishment, I guess.
    Humans are gluttons, period. Even though I should know better, I am still trying to finish downloading WoWc, even though I risk paying overage charges for my internet. Technology can't keep up with technology.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

I think I finally have Portal 2 downloaded and working, only now I need to decide if I want to go through the trouble of purchasing and downloading Portal 1.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think I finally have Portal 2 downloaded and working, only now I need to decide if I want to go through the trouble of purchasing and downloading Portal 1.
    I never bothered with Portal 1, having already listened to the monologues of the only speaking character on youtube. As far as I'm aware, it's pretty much the same gameplay but a lot shorter.

I personally found Portal 1 to be somewhat less intuitive and thus more challenging than Portal 2.

Maybe it's because I already knew how to think with portals after playing the first game, but the second game seems kinda easy when you start getting the hang on things. The first game has puzzles that required you to go: "This is stupid. This can't be the way I'm supposed to solve this, but it's the only thing I can think of." Portal 2 didn't really have that.

They also have somewhat different moods. In the first game is smaller and feels more claustrophobic - the facility is still large but it still has the feeling of being trapped in a big, derelict factory or something. In Portal 2, it's a ridiculously large, hyper-advanced superstructure. (Built on top of another, older and less advanced ridiculously large superstructure.)

Anyway, there's no reason not to play Portal 1, because it's still a very good game but also rather short, so playing throught it isn't exactly a hassle. Plus, in Portal 2, GLAdOS constantly references the ending to the first game so it's good to have played it for context.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

I went for a run today, for the first time in several years. I mean I've done a lot of non-running exercise (although not in the last three months while my gym's closed for refurbishment), and I only ran 3.5 miles, but... damn. Nothing prepares your feet, ankles and knees for running on the road if you haven't done it for a while.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

All four Chronicles books from the Animorphs series have a character join the society of another species, have a child with one of them then tragedy happens.

Andalite Chronicles: Elfangor becomes a human, has a child with Loren then is retconned into never having met her. (Though he keeps the memories and the child is still born because temporal shenanigans)

Hork-Bajir Chronicles: Aldrea becomes a Hork Bajir, has a child with Dak Hamee, then they die and their kid is enslaved by the Yeerks.

Visser: Edriss and Essam mind control Allison and Hildy. Allison and Hildy develop Stockholm Syndrome, and are made to produce twin children. They view themselves as four parents of the kids, but Edriss kills Essam and Allison, drives Hildy completely insane, puts the kids up for adoption and launches a world domination plot.

Ellimist Chronicles: Toomin temporarily assumes a mortal form as a prehistoric Andalite, has a kid with Tree, then it dies young and though they try again, he outlives them all anyhow due to being a cyborg god with a planet-sized brain.

...I hadn't noticed until now.

I recently realized, the word "responsibility" appears to be directly derived from the word "response." This is apparently true in Swedish as well. ("Ansvar" and "svar", respectively.)

I just find that kinda interesting.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Huh...Didn't realize how enjoyable this show is.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I recently realized, the word "responsibility" appears to be directly derived from the word "response." This is apparently true in Swedish as well. ("Ansvar" and "svar", respectively.)

I just find that kinda interesting.
    Actually makes more sense of Spidey's motto.

"With great power comes greater ability to respond."
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually makes more sense of Spidey's motto.

"With great power comes greater ability to respond."
    There's no morality in that, yet it's far more universally true.

Spidey's motto boils down to "If you are inclined towards feeling guilt, then you will feel more of it when your capabilities increase and thus hold yourself to unreasonably high standards."

On the plus side, the motto drives him to throw all his energy into helping people.

On the negative side, how many times has he tried to quit from the stress?