Page 496 of 668 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    Ah, great. Do you play Ravnica?
    Simic, yes.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Arglebargle.

Yeah, having watched the whole series back in the day (when it first came out), getting utterly messed up by the last episode, then watching End of Evangelion....really, there wasn't much to explain what exactly was going on.

Though "End" did a better job of explaining SOME of it, despite being really crappy.
    The Rebuild movies, while still being kind of vague, at least give you a better idea of why things are happening, and what certain party's goals are. Granted, I still had to scope the wiki some. I haven't actually watched all of the old show, but did see EoE, read a good chunk of the manga, etc. Rebuild is so far the best rendition of the story, though it does end up ignoring some of the supporting cast in favor of focusing more on the core group.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It's not all that complicated as long as you don't worry about the details.

Adam shows up at some point, starts the ecosystem.

Lilith shows up later, starts humanity, which is a species of individuals who together form the Lilim which is considered the Eighteenth Angel.

At some point, humanity (SEELE) finds Lilith's body.

Cut to Second Impact, Adam wakes up/returns, something happens and he explodes. SEELE was probably involved. Tabris, the Seventeenth Angel's body, is created/born.

Based on/From Adam's remains, humanity creates the EVAs, using Lilith's blood as their nervous system to allow humans to synchronize and control them. After Yui is absorbed into 01 in it's start-up, Gendo creates a clone of her with Lilith's DNA, creating the first Rei.

A while later, the other Angels begin to wake up (or their bodies are formed), each one representing a possible conclusion of the life forms created by Adam. They try to find Adam to merge with him and start Third Impact, which would eliminate humanity and set the world on the course of their particular branch of evolution.

(I say "body" a lot, because Evangelion treats body and soul as linked but separate things.)
    Makes you wonder if there are any magical keys lying around, waiting to claimed by a worthy bearer.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The Rebuild movies, while still being kind of vague, at least give you a better idea of why things are happening, and what certain party's goals are. Granted, I still had to scope the wiki some. I haven't actually watched all of the old show, but did see EoE, read a good chunk of the manga, etc. Rebuild is so far the best rendition of the story, though it does end up ignoring some of the supporting cast in favor of focusing more on the core group.
    Hahahahaha.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    Ah, great. Do you play Ravnica?

Simic, yes.

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, and Noir Detectives.
    Internal monologues don't count.

Zeruel is going to steamroll basically any of the others in a straight fight. Otherwise, yeah, it's more arguable.
    Ramiel is awesome, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I understood everything up to this before. The whole business of Adam and Lilith baffled me.
    From what I gather, Adam is a "Seed of Life" and Lilith is a "Seed of Knowledge." They were apparently created by some kind of god-aliens to spread life panspermia style.

Planets that get a Seed of Knowledge develop what we consider normal ecosystems culminating in human-like civilizations. Planets that get a Seed of Life develop Angel-type ecosystems that are really bizarre by our standards.

Earth happened to get one of each. Since that's not supposed to happen, one of them (Adam) was sealed away, after which Lilith went ahead and created life which culminated in humanity. Then SEELE came around and messed everything up by accidentally waking Adam up.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

?????
    Return to Ravnica? The latest expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ramiel is awesome, though.
    Who dares oppose the Angel of the Eight-Sided Dice?
    From what I gather, Adam is a "Seed of Life" and Lilith is a "Seed of Knowledge." They were apparently created by some kind of god-aliens to spread life panspermia style.

Planets that get a Seed of Knowledge develop what we consider normal ecosystems culminating in human-like civilizations. Planets that get a Seed of Life develop Angel-type ecosystems that are really bizarre by our standards.

Earth happened to get one of each. Since that's not supposed to happen, one of them (Adam) was sealed away, after which Lilith went ahead and created life which culminated in humanity. Then SEELE came around and messed everything up by accidentally waking Adam up.
    That's the explanation given by an old poorly translated supplementary material which may or may not be canon, yeah. Honestly I prefer to ignore it because it's silly even by Evangelion-standards.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Hmm. So if the Angels are each a possible conclusion, does that mean there could have been a race of Zeruels (or god forbid, Kaworus)?

Simic, yes.
    We know awesome when we see it then.

Had a great time today dueling against my cousin's Dimir deck.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Return to Ravnica? The latest expansion?
    Apparently it's not out on Cockatrice yet.

Who dares oppose the Angel of the Eight-Sided Dice?

That's the explanation given by an old poorly translated supplementary material which may or may not be canon, yeah. Honestly I prefer to ignore it because it's silly even by Evangelion-standards.
    I get silly, but how can the supplementary material not be canon?
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I get silly, but how can the supplementary material not be canon?
    Through the amazing power of Evangelion!

More seriously, I think it wasn't written by the actual writer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Makes you wonder if there are any magical keys lying around, waiting to claimed by a worthy bearer.
    Well, now I want to make an Evangelion vs Vividred Operation rumble. Though, I think I'll wait for VO to finish.

Through the amazing power of Evangelion!

More seriously, I think it wasn't written by the actual writer or something.
    So, do we have any solid idea where Adam and Lilith came from?
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

So, do we have any solid idea where Adam and Lilith came from?
    Space. That's our best guess.

It's not all that complicated as long as you don't worry about the details.

Adam shows up at some point, starts the ecosystem.

Lilith shows up later, starts humanity, which is a species of individuals who together form the Lilim which is considered the Eighteenth Angel.

At some point, humanity (SEELE) finds Lilith's body.

Cut to Second Impact, Adam wakes up/returns, something happens and he explodes. SEELE was probably involved. Tabris, the Seventeenth Angel's body, is created/born.

Based on/From Adam's remains, humanity creates the EVAs, using Lilith's blood as their nervous system to allow humans to synchronize and control them. After Yui is absorbed into 01 in it's start-up, Gendo creates a clone of her with Lilith's DNA, creating the first Rei.

A while later, the other Angels begin to wake up (or their bodies are formed), each one representing a possible conclusion of the life forms created by Adam. They try to find Adam to merge with him and start Third Impact, which would eliminate humanity and set the world on the course of their particular branch of evolution.

(I say "body" a lot, because Evangelion treats body and soul as linked but separate things.)
    This is comprehensible. My thanks, sir. :)

I'll now go back to reading Children of an Elder God, which feels like a far better (if more disturbing) version of Evangelion.