Page 487 of 668 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I am a total and complete flake.
    Well, so am I. That's why I try to avoid commiting to anything.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, so am I. That's why I try to avoid commiting to anything.
    *nods*

Probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Snow? Frosted? Corn?
    Dandruff.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    *nods*

Probably for the best.

Dandruff.
    You do have problems. Though I'd be a flake if I could afford to do so.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

You do have problems. Though I'd be a flake if I could afford to do so.
    Itching at both ends can be aggravating.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

And I am just the Wind. No one gets me, at first it was cool.

Now??

Just lonely.

I've never really thought about it before, but... How do you turn pony flesh into cupcakes to begin with? o_O
    Pinkie Pie knows... Well, her and her apprentice Apple Bloom.

The bigger question is how did the Cakes never notice that Pinkie Pie turned their basement into a carnival of horrors in which she horrifically tortured ponies before butchering them to be used as cupcake ingredients?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pinkie Pie knows... Well, her and her apprentice Apple Bloom.

The bigger question is how did the Cakes never notice that Pinkie Pie turned their basement into a carnival of horrors in which she horrifically tortured ponies before butchering them to be used as cupcake ingredients?
    The bigger question is, in a town that size, how did people not notice ponies going missing?
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Did I say you could have ammo?
    No, but it's a reasonable assumption to make (that I'd need to carry some ammo) when asked to choose between fighting different re-sized animals. <_<

Or any fight really. I mean, no one goes into a fight without weapons, unless they have magic missles to sling at enemies or something. Cuz that would be crazy.

I now want to see Jurassic Park with mages.

You have selected tiny, tiny horses.

Get kicking.

...More seriously, the horses are probably slower. They have scaled down speed whilst the ducks is scaled up and also it can fly.

So.
    ...scaled down, the Horses would be hilariously weak compared to creatures of their size, and scaled up, the Duck would be hilariously stronger. In reality, the Duck is supposed to lose relative strength and the Horse is supposed to gain it. <_<

So the horses get shafted, basically.

I mean, scaling up the flight speed of the Duck, the horse sized one could move at several hundred miles an hour. oO

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Unless the wings are made bigger to compensate for the size increase, no it can't.
    To be fair, if we're going to apply physics, then the Duck can't even bear it's own weight in the first place, even if it's strength gets scaled up.

GAME OVER.

It's amusing that this is the first boss they have to fight. It's a nice way of implying that they're screwed.

They are all boys...no boobs.
    ...what are those bulges on their chests then? The ones that have them I mean. o_O

Speaking of Homestuck spoilers, that ascent to Got Tiger was much less dramatic than I expected.
    Lack of dramatic music.

...well that and the lack of the ascension not being shown as a proper animation.

Also, Jake looks ridiculous.
    Yeah. It seems to be intentional though, as the panel following it seems to clarify.
    Last edited by Sol M; 02-10-2013 at 02:34 AM.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    No, but it's a reasonable assumption to make (that I'd need to carry some ammo) when asked to choose between fighting different re-sized animals. <_<

Or any fight really. I mean, no one goes into a fight without weapons, unless they have magic missles to sling at enemies or something. Cuz that would be crazy.

I now want to see Jurassic Park with mages.

...scaled down, the Horses would be hilariously weak compared to creatures of their size, and scaled up, the Duck would be hilariously stronger. In reality, the Duck is supposed to lose relative strength and the Horse is supposed to gain it. <_<

So the horses get shafted, basically.

I mean, scaling up the flight speed of the Duck, the horse sized one could move at several hundred miles an hour. oO

To be fair, if we're going to apply physics, then the Duck can't even bear it's own weight in the first place, even if it's strength gets scaled up.
    That last part is the real reason for preferring to fight the duck.

It's weight is cubed, but the cross-sectional area of its legs is only squared, so they snap under its weight. Its wings would never get the increased mass off the floor, so it just stays where it is, like, in the truest sense ever, a sitting duck.

Sure it's still strong, but you don't even have to fight it. You just sit and wait for its heart to give out from trying to pump blood round its oversized body.

Easy victory.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That last part is the real reason for preferring to fight the duck.

It's weight is cubed, but the cross-sectional area of its legs is only squared, so they snap under its weight. Its wings would never get the increased mass off the floor, so it just stays where it is, like, in the truest sense ever, a sitting duck.

Sure it's still strong, but you don't even have to fight it. You just sit and wait for its heart to give out from trying to pump blood round its oversized body.

Easy victory.
    Conversely, the horses would be pretty strong and fast, though their physiology would have to be modified to ensure they don't die of asphyxiation or something.

That being said, I think Omegalith intended that the Duck could at least move around and snap/claw at you, even if it wasn't very quick.

Then again, I also assumed that we could have ammo. In the absence of which I'd have to use a spear or something to beat the horse-duck.

...man, this entire discussion would be so weird if we swapped a single letter.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Okay, fine: you want real animals so we can stop arguing the square cube law?

100 Eohippus

or

1 Argentavis Magnificens

Round One: FIGHT!
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Okay, fine: you want real animals so we can stop arguing the square cube law?

100 Eohippus

or

1 Argentavis Magnificens

Round One: FIGHT!
    Well, tiny horses are probably smaller than the Eohippus, and the giant ducks are larger than the Argentavis Magnificens, and that's about all we can reliably say about them.

Now a spear will still give me reach over the bird, so I should still be able to take either of them with minimal discomfort.

This entire thing reminds me of the lucky times in Heretic 2 when you get turned into a giant chicken by accident and have great fun romping around pecking the other players to death. Fun times.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Well, tiny horses are probably smaller than the Eohippus, and the giant ducks are larger than the Argentavis Magnificens, and that's about all we can reliably say about them.

Now a spear will still give me reach over the bird, so I should still be able to take either of them with minimal discomfort.

This entire thing reminds me of the lucky times in Heretic 2 when you get turned into a giant chicken by accident and have great fun romping around pecking the other players to death. Fun times.
    Why would you have a spear? Are you in the habit of carrying spears around in case you're assaulted by prehistoric or missized wildlife?
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Why would you have a spear? Are you in the habit of carrying spears around in case you're assaulted by prehistoric or missized wildlife?
    Pretty much.

The only times I haven't carried a spear with me was when there were no such wildlife in the area. <_<

Though to be fair, a powered up bladestaff is probably far superior to a spear considering the damage it can do and even those don't help you against giant chickens with 999 hitpoints that can OHKO you. The Argentavis Magnificens is presumably not that tough though.
    Last edited by Sol M; 02-10-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Having observed my tiny nephew intensely for a while, I have come to realize several facts about babies:

1) They have an impossibly large capacity to absorb and retain information about the world around them, even more so than I originally thought.
    2) They are utterly sociopathic.
    3) Their senses are extremely sharp in specific things, but what is really impressive is their ability to distinguish between tiny differences in countenance and voice.
    4) They can be quite adorable when they want to be.

So in other words, they're remorseless sociopaths with genius level mental capacity and superhuman senses, all of which is hidden behind a veil of innocent adorableness. Yep.

*completes thesis on babies*
    Last edited by Sol M; 02-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.