Page 465 of 668 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 10006
  1. #6961
    Fists of God Chou Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    14,334

    Default

    Dear God. Gyo is SICK!

    Zombie cyborg marine life, that infects (Or eats/kills) People. And said infection makes you have boils, bad gas, and paralysis.

    Hell there is even a zombie sperm whale!

  2. #6962
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    Dear God. Gyo is SICK!

    Zombie cyborg marine life, that infects (Or eats/kills) People. And said infection makes you have boils, bad gas, and paralysis.

    Hell there is even a zombie sperm whale!
    The best part of that manga is that it gave us the corect onomatopoeia for a Shark kicking down a door.

    GASHUNK!
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  3. #6963
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    The best part of that manga is that it gave us the corect onomatopoeia for a Shark kicking down a door.

    GASHUNK!
    How does a shark kick anything? oO

  4. #6964
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    How does a shark kick anything? oO
    "Through hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  5. #6965
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    "Through hate, all things are possible." - Malus Darkblade.
    Ah, so that's why I never learned to fly. Clearly, I wasn't hating gravity enough.

  6. #6966
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Ah, so that's why I never learned to fly. Clearly, I wasn't hating gravity enough.
    Hateflight is a tricky business. You get a mile up then find the joy of flight taking the edge off your righteous indignation...
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  7. #6967
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Hateflight is a tricky business. You get a mile up then find the joy of flight taking the edge off your righteous indignation...
    Yes, but the moment you start to fall again, you are forcibly reminded of how much you hate gravity, which propels you back into the air.

    ...so it's basically the same as regular flight, only fueled by emotions.

  8. #6968
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Yes, but the moment you start to fall again, you are forcibly reminded of how much you hate gravity, which propels you back into the air.

    ...so it's basically the same as regular flight, only fueled by emotions.
    Well no, if you use that as your basis you'll bob eerratically t inconvenient moments.

    The true hateflight expert learns to be mad because he's flying.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  9. #6969
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Well no, if you use that as your basis you'll bob eerratically t inconvenient moments.
    That's only if you wish to remain stationery.

    Besides, if you hate bobbing up and down so much...

    The true hateflight expert learns to be mad because he's flying.
    But what if your hatred doesn't just drive you mad?

    What if it drives you mad, and then you get mad at being mad so you stop being mad, and eventually get the ability to warp space and time?


    (...Yeah, Dr Paradox's origins really make no sense in the long run. But then, the Ellimist's, similarities aside, makes even less sense.)
    Last edited by Sol M; 02-03-2013 at 07:52 AM.

  10. #6970
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,683

    Default

    The Ellimist mostly makes sense. Kinda.


    First he's a fleet of massive cyborg spaceships with godlike ability to meddle in the affairs of lesser races, then somehow having some of his bodies trapped in a Black Hole whilst some others are in normal space and some in hyperspace grants him trancendant cosmic perspective that remains even after the bodies are destroyed.

    It's technobabbly nonsense, but percieving all of existence at once and being smart enough to understand what you're seeing isn't too bad as ascendance explanations go.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  11. #6971
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    First he's a fleet of massive cyborg spaceships with godlike ability to meddle in the affairs of lesser races, then somehow having some of his bodies trapped in a Black Hole whilst some others are in normal space and some in hyperspace grants him trancendant cosmic perspective that remains even after the bodies are destroyed.

    It's technobabbly nonsense, but percieving all of existence at once and being smart enough to understand what you're seeing isn't too bad as ascendance explanations go.
    What doesn't make sense is why he would be able to perceive all that in the first place, let alone after his body was destroyed.

    The fact that he could manipulate them physically(?) despite having no body to speak of, and what's more, could see random numbers and stuff, are just the icing on the cake of ridiculousness.

    It would have been fine elsewhere, but that was the only time anything in that series had gotten so metaphysical.

  12. #6972
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    When I picked the name Omegalith, I googled it. No results found.
    A minor thing at the end of the day, but I don't think the Omegalith I'd like to be would tolerate others using his name.
    The munchKING would ALSO like to be the only one known as the MunchKING. But apperently a few others have gotten to the name.

  13. #6973
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The munchKING would ALSO like to be the only one known as the MunchKING. But apperently a few others have gotten to the name.
    Surely, you will not bear such an affront to your person and a challenge to your undisputed monarchy in silence?

  14. #6974
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,540

    Default

    Of course not!! The munchKINg has spies searching for them as we speak, that he may deliver a violent retribution to these imposters.

    Or make them my vassels. Either way I guess.

  15. #6975
    Burrrrrn Sol M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System
    Posts
    10,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Of course not!! The munchKINg has spies searching for them as we speak, that he may deliver a violent retribution to these imposters.

    Or make them my vassels. Either way I guess.
    You'd take vassals that share your name/title? o_O

    Unless you meant you'd make them vessels, which makes a lot more sense. <_<

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •