Page 464 of 668 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468474514564 ... LastLast
Results 6,946 to 6,960 of 10006
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Actually no it's not. There's no weird-ass limit-break type powers, light-speed-moving, huge releases of energy etc. Just hitting things with an axe really REALLY hard.

The stat-buffs, movement tricks and elemental blows are actually a lot closer to Option 2 (at least the way I interpret it), and that way the fighters get the equivalent to Anime-style powers, only in this case they're somehow Western because they originate from "magic" rather than Ki or some equivalent energy source. That's a difference of semantics rather than content.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Actually no it's not. There's no weird-ass limit-break type powers, light-speed-moving, huge releases of energy etc. Just hitting things with an axe really REALLY hard.

The stat-buffs, movement tricks and elemental blows are actually a lot closer to Option 2 (at least the way I interpret it), and that way the fighters get the equivalent to Anime-style powers, only in this case they're somehow Western because they originate from "magic" rather than Ki or some equivalent energy source. That's a difference of semantics rather than content.
    By anime powers I pretty much just meant bullet timing and wuxia jumps.

I hadn't even considered energy blasts, flash stepping and silly limit attacks.

Swordsages are pretty much just guys who worked out how to channel the setting's nigh-omnipresent high level of background magic into their swordplay... Which makes a lot of sense to me given that random wildlife does pretty much the same thing as a defense mechanism all the time. It's a lot more simmilar to spellcasting in execution than most chi use I've seen.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    *Watches bits of Blazblue Chrono Phantasma*

Hurray, Nu-13 and Mu-12 weren't permanently gone!

And Mu-12 actually has a real animation for her Astral!

All that's left is to hope that it actually comes out on the 360.
    Toshimichi has also hinted that the console version will finally allow us to play as Saya.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    I've watched this five times, and I still don't see the joke.

He scores a touchdown, and the other guy doesn't catch him in time. I was expecting a comically absurd looking tackle or something.
    At the beginning they pretend the play is over and he simply walks pass the opposing team defense?

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    At the beginning they pretend the play is over and he simply walks pass the opposing team defense?
    Ah, so you're saying that was meant to be a scrum at the start? Don't the teams normally form a circle and lean into one another for those?
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Ah, so you're saying that was meant to be a scrum at the start? Don't the teams normally form a circle and lean into one another for those?
    Its a slightly odd thing in American Football actaully, the move he does is called an over the shoulder snap. To eleborate: By rule, a snap must be "a quick and continuous backward motion of the ball during which the ball immediately leaves the hand(s) of the snapper and touches a back or the ground before it touches a lineman."

Normally of course its down between the legs but the over the shoulder motion here is technically legal, just very rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Toshimichi has also hinted that the console version will finally allow us to play as Saya.
    Which is meaningless if it doesn't come out on 360.;_;

Beside, I don't really care about Saya. She's kind of a boring character story-wise, and I can't think of what gameplay they'd give her that would feel as an improvement on the other Murakumo Units while keeping the same theme.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Swordsages are pretty much just guys who worked out how to channel the setting's nigh-omnipresent high level of background magic into their swordplay... Which makes a lot of sense to me given that random wildlife does pretty much the same thing as a defense mechanism all the time. It's a lot more simmilar to spellcasting in execution than most chi use I've seen.
    I would like any sword-sage-esque powers to evolve along a path chosen by the player during creation. Paladin/Anti-Paladin types tap into Holy/Unholy magic for their abilities. Those based more on nature would go into a fighting style based on some fitting animal and give boosts/elemental attacks (Berserkers came from guys wearing Bear Shirts and emulating Bears). Arcane magic would be folks who are ritualistic about combat and their gear and would get more esoteric tricks such as blinding an opponent with the glare off a weapon, or a flashing weapon's display that charms/hypnotizes a foe.

Still they all start out basically fighters, but evolve as they gain levels in ways that keep them just as interesting and effective as any magic user.

A pet peeve of mine - Multiclassing as it's been for a while has been way too much trouble, and it should be harder to split your focus into 2-3 base classes and 1-2 prestige classes on top of that like many PC's try to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

I spend too much time on forums. *sigh*
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

You have no idea how fucking hard it is to find an image you want online sometimes.

When I have money again, I'm buying myself a tablet and drawing my own stuff again.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

When I picked the name Omegalith, I googled it. No results found.

I considered other usernames of course. Metora was one, others the typical grabbing of the name of something I liked from fiction. In the end I picked this one because it's somewhat defining. Not of me as I am, but rather as I'd like to be. A taken name, in some ways more meaningful than a given name.

Now I look around the internet and see other Omegaliths. I have no way of knowing if they saw my name in passing and liked it, or developed it independently.

Either way, they have taken my taken name. Annoying.

A minor thing at the end of the day, but I don't think the Omegalith I'd like to be would tolerate others using his name.

He might tolerate an actual final rock, or a vigilante lawyer named Omegalith Jones. That's about it.

Omegalith Jones, Attorney-at-Arms.

Hell yes, that guy can borrow my name.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

When I picked the name Omegalith, I googled it. No results found.

I considered other usernames of course. Metora was one, others the typical grabbing of the name of something I liked from fiction. In the end I picked this one because it's somewhat defining. Not of me as I am, but rather as I'd like to be. A taken name, in some ways more meaningful than a given name.

Now I look around the internet and see other Omegaliths. I have no way of knowing if they saw my name in passing and liked it, or developed it independently.

Either way, they have taken my taken name. Annoying.

A minor thing at the end of the day, but I don't think the Omegalith I'd like to be would tolerate others using his name.

He might tolerate an actual final rock, or a vigilante lawyer named Omegalith Jones. That's about it.

Omegalith Jones, Attorney-at-Arms.

Hell yes, that guy can borrow my name.
    I am rather fortunate in that Sharkerbob seems to remain unique even among the internet.

In all my travels I have never encountered a name like mine possibly because of the Chess reference being something of a niche to begin with, partly because its a somewhat random combination of players who's only similirity is being american and going crazy, Fischer more so obviously.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 02-02-2013 at 07:23 PM.

I have decided my team theme is going to be children, apparently. Someone in the tournament better damn well be packing a crowbar is all I'm saying.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    You have no idea how fucking hard it is to find an image you want online sometimes.

When I have money again, I'm buying myself a tablet and drawing my own stuff again.
    Oh, I know exactly how hard it is to find an image online. Especially an anime image.