Page 411 of 668 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 10006
  1. #6151
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well yeah. Wouldn't you be in a homicidal rage for all eternity if it were you?

    Hiho, back in the library again. How's my peeps?
    Hey Vak, just getting over the flu. How about you?

  2. #6152
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Hey Vak, just getting over the flu. How about you?
    Stuffy-ish nose. It was bad this morning. Otherwise alright.
    I haven't had a cold/flu/any bacterial or viral illness since high school. That was like 6-7 years ago.
    Yay immune system!

    Or maybe it's just because I don't have much human contact...
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  3. #6153
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And I'd prefer coo-coo-ka-choo to crazy, but we can't all get the popcorn now, can we?
    Stay away from my popcorn.
    Unless it's Caramel Corn you'll not get any problems from me.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  4. #6154
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Unless it's Caramel Corn you'll not get any problems from me.
    ...yeah, uh it's not...no need to look, you can trust me. *backs away with popcorn tin slowly* >_>
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  5. #6155
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Stuffy-ish nose. It was bad this morning. Otherwise alright.
    I haven't had a cold/flu/any bacterial or viral illness since high school. That was like 6-7 years ago.
    Yay immune system!

    Or maybe it's just because I don't have much human contact...
    This was my second cold in a month. I need ti train my immune system, need to get stronger.

  6. #6156
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...yeah, uh it's not...no need to look, you can trust me. *backs away with popcorn tin slowly* >_>
    Mm. Tonight. You.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This was my second cold in a month. I need ti train my immune system, need to get stronger.
    Sheesh, okay Vegeta.

    *snicker*
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  7. #6157
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Mm. Tonight. You.
    Are you talking to my popcorn?
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  8. #6158
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This was my second cold in a month. I need ti train my immune system, need to get stronger.
    I smack germs down. My immune system runs like a Kenyan it don't never stop like the Energizer Bunny. I'm the world's leading antibacterial agent, I'm like soap. They can't even engineer the germ war machine that could stop me. I went back in time to end the black death. Pandemics fail around me, I'm the polio vaccine. You could call me Vitamin C, I beat down scurvy, why do you think Johnny Depp can still play a gay ass pirate? I am the cure for the common cold, the ice in my veins brings the fever back down. Hell I invented immunity. My biography is like the Fantastic Voyage; I'm shooting down virals like a firewall. I'm Dr. House without the addiction, I invented the degree in MD.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  9. #6159
    Infiltrator Cthulhu_of_R'yleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlantis, The Dome of Research
    Posts
    18,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Are you talking to my popcorn?
    Let's go with 'yes'.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

  10. #6160
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    Let's go with 'yes'.
    Let's go with 'my popcorn would rock your world'.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  11. #6161
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....
    Posts
    7,924

    Default

    Ah, Britain - you art quite the worst country in the world at dealing with weather.

    The city I live in has had about 2-3 inches of snow, and yet all the morons panic, buy ludicrous amounts of food as if some bizarre nuclear holocaust is anticipated, and utterly forget how to drive.

    I popped out in the car to quickly pick up some tickets at a cinema that's all of about half a mile from home. Round-trip = 1 mile. Easy, right?

    Average speed = 3hpm. Yes, that's hpm, not mph. 3 fricking hours.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

  12. #6162
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, Britain - you art quite the worst country in the world at dealing with weather.

    The city I live in has had about 2-3 inches of snow, and yet all the morons panic, buy ludicrous amounts of food as if some bizarre nuclear holocaust is anticipated, and utterly forget how to drive.

    I popped out in the car to quickly pick up some tickets at a cinema that's all of about half a mile from home. Round-trip = 1 mile. Easy, right?

    Average speed = 3hpm. Yes, that's hpm, not mph. 3 fricking hours.
    Eh, I live in south Alabama. When we do get snow down here it's like a biblical plague. Snow? We got no defense for that, no context with which to judge it. Snow is like a Godzilla attack, some science fiction disaster we can't be expected to believe in or prepare for. This is a land where we hide from the sun like it's the popo. Ice on the road? What is that? How is that even possible? Hell, I went out west once and thought the laws of nature had been suspended because it was summer and there was no or little humidity. We sweat like buckets in the shade here as God intended, we deal with heat. Cold is like some apocalyptic thing we occasionally deal with when winter rolls around, snow on the ground is like a vision of Dante's ninth circle of hell here. Three hours to get one mile? Hell you'd need the national guard to plan out an escape route for just half an inch of the stuff here.
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  13. #6163
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,013

    Default

    Over here, more than a meter of snow paralyzed the streets for all of a day (though walking remained bothersome for a few more days afterward.). I always love hearing about how other places deal with snow because it's almost always hilarious.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  14. #6164
    A Sapient Devil Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    23,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Over here, more than a meter of snow paralyzed the streets for all of a day (though walking remained bothersome for a few more days afterward.). I always love hearing about how other places deal with snow because it's almost always hilarious.
    It snowed once here a few years back. I think my first thought really was, "The hell? Snow? What the f-ck?"
    A lot of people get sentience confused for sapience. Your hamster is sentient, you are sapient. Intelligence is sapience.

  15. #6165
    Lest We Forget The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In the darkest regions of my mind
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Warm Bodies looks like a necrophilia movie, considering it's marketed like a love story between a zombie and a woman.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

    - C.S. Lewis

    Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •