Page 408 of 668 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 10006
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Hmm, what are the basic powersets of the typical Asgardian and the typical Olympian?

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

For both: Somewhere around Class 10 to Class 20 strength, and possibly a bit higher in durability terms.

For Asgardians: Extreme long life.

For Olympians: Immortality (hush, Ares!)
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    For both: Somewhere around Class 10 to Class 20 strength, and possibly a bit higher in durability terms.

Potential to use their own brands of magic, though not everyone bothers, obviously.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Myth wise:

Asgardians are actually from the blood of giants themselves. (Ymir the grand daddy of all Frost Giants, was Odin's dad! For real!!)

What makes them different? Odin's teachings, cause hanging himself on the world tree for the sake of knowledge. (Runes and such.) And losing his eye so he could get more knowledge.

Not to mention they are friendly to Dwarves, who are th best damn smiths around and stuff.

But yes, long lives. Obviously not immortal. (Kinda ironic, cause after Ragnarok, Baulder, the God of light who died, comes back from the dead to govern the new cosmos.)

Greeks:

They are honest to God Immortals. All of them, including their predecessors, the Titans. (Yeah, that means Zeus's Father and grand father, the in charge guys before hand? Both got casatrated, and survived. So their nutless, forever!)

Also the Titans were not killed, but punished.

Also Zeus does not truly have weather powers. His Thunder Bolt was a weapon made by the Herakolpsis. Giants who have 100 hands. For hier effort? Zeus kicked them to the underworld with the rest.

The original Cyclops as well. (The Cyclops in the Odessy, on Earth? One of Poesidoens kids. Funny note, Pegaus, the horse with wings? P was the daddy, Medusa was the mommy, so when Persus slays Meduas, Pegaus is free to finally be born, as a full horse with wings. Why? Cause when medusa got cursed, her womb hole was sealed shut, thus no sex, no birthing.)

But yeah, The Greek Gods all got their roles based on how well they could do said job. And stuff.

BTW:

Tomorrow I get my sanity back.. pills.. PILLS HERE!!

Mind currently is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LgEaXoGI4

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

So their physical capabilities are pretty much even, if we consider only the average ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    Myth wise:

Asgardians are actually from the blood of giants themselves. (Ymir the grand daddy of all Frost Giants, was Odin's dad! For real!!)

What makes them different? Odin's teachings, cause hanging himself on the world tree for the sake of knowledge. (Runes and such.) And losing his eye so he could get more knowledge.

Not to mention they are friendly to Dwarves, who are th best damn smiths around and stuff.

But yes, long lives. Obviously not immortal. (Kinda ironic, cause after Ragnarok, Baulder, the God of light who died, comes back from the dead to govern the new cosmos.)

Greeks:

They are honest to God Immortals. All of them, including their predecessors, the Titans. (Yeah, that means Zeus's Father and grand father, the in charge guys before hand? Both got casatrated, and survived. So their nutless, forever!)

Also the Titans were not killed, but punished.

Also Zeus does not truly have weather powers. His Thunder Bolt was a weapon made by the Herakolpsis. Giants who have 100 hands. For hier effort? Zeus kicked them to the underworld with the rest.

The original Cyclops as well. (The Cyclops in the Odessy, on Earth? One of Poesidoens kids. Funny note, Pegaus, the horse with wings? P was the daddy, Medusa was the mommy, so when Persus slays Meduas, Pegaus is free to finally be born, as a full horse with wings. Why? Cause when medusa got cursed, her womb hole was sealed shut, thus no sex, no birthing.)

But yeah, The Greek Gods all got their roles based on how well they could do said job. And stuff.
    Huh. So the Greek Gods has a little bit of meritocracy going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    So their physical capabilities are pretty much even, if we consider only the average ones?

Huh. So the Greek Gods has a little bit of meritocracy going on?
    Pretty much.

Because Zeus was the one to fight off their father, and saved his siblings.

Due to that they let him pick his role. He chose the Sky.

Also he ate his first wife, who was pregnant (Said offspring was suppsoed to be a threat.) And that is how Athena was born. (Baccus, the guy with wine just randomly grew from Zeus's hip.)

He married Hera because she is built like a brick house. (Which I am curious to why he cheats on her, in that case. Must be a alpha male in charge deal.)

The Love Goddess was born from their dad's balls. (Literally.)

Aside the original Gods, the main power players were Hera/Zeus's kids.

Pretty much.

Because Zeus was the one to fight off their father, and saved his siblings.

Due to that they let him pick his role. He chose the Sky.

Also he ate his first wife, who was pregnant (Said offspring was suppsoed to be a threat.) And that is how Athena was born. (Baccus, the guy with wine just randomly grew from Zeus's hip.)

He married Hera because she is built like a brick house. (Which I am curious to why he cheats on her, in that case. Must be a alpha male in charge deal.)

The Love Goddess was born from their dad's balls. (Literally.)

Aside the original Gods, the main power players were Hera/Zeus's kids.
    Right, I remember those last parts.

Weird how their mythology didn't end, while the Norse had Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Right, I remember those last parts.

Weird how their mythology didn't end, while the Norse had Ragnarok.
    Well ironic to this: The reason Zeus did what he did, was to stay in power (Eating his first pregnant wife. Who was Athena's mommy.)

Why? Said offspring is supposed to be a "SON." to replace him.

So yeah, eventually there "is" the "idea" a son of Zeus would defeat him and take his place.

That story was never written.

So yeah to the greeks, their Gods are so dman immortal, they would rule forever. Pretty much.

And they were petty Gods.

Hell, the EYGPTAINS have their own Ragnarok. Sorta anyway.

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Hell, the EYGPTAINS have their own Ragnarok. Sorta anyway.
    Do they? I'd love to hear about that, Egyptian mythology really fascinates me.

Well in the Egyptian Apocalypse deal goes like this.

You know all them Pharaohs dead and mummies and stuff?

They RISE FROM THE DEAD, GET THEIR ORGANS BACK! (From the preserved jars buried with them.) And use the magic power (As they rise, they turly become divine.)

And there would be a ever lasting Egyptian kingdom, that would reign forever!

Seirously that's what they believed, to a point.

While working on a character for Sharker's awesome RP idea, who was going to be a bit of a necromancer, I came across a comic that completely derailed me.

If there's a necromancer that can match up to the one in that comic on pure awesomeness alone, I'd been interested to see it.

His name is Richard, by the way.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

I still fondly remember the time he actually rickrolled a horde of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'yleh View Post
    While working on a character for Sharker's awesome RP idea, who was going to be a bit of a necromancer, I came across a comic that completely derailed me.

If there's a necromancer that can match up to the one in that comic on pure awesomeness alone, I'd been interested to see it.

His name is Richard, by the way.
    Necromancer, eh? Be interested in seeing how you pull that one off.

Greeks:

They are honest to God Immortals. All of them, including their predecessors, the Titans.
    Pretty sure all of them were innate shape shifters as well, whereas the Asgardians needed special artifacts to shape shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Necromancer, eh? Be interested in seeing how you pull that one off.
    Well, what was once one necromancer-ish character is now two.

The first one is a study of Shade magic, which is pretty cut and dry 'dark arts'...

But the other is a study of Luna magic, which doesn't seem very necromancer-ish to start, but with the shape shifting and the abilities that allow one to butcher a persons mind or manipulate it, corrupt it, possible even the potential to tamper with souls, well... Seemed like it would be fun to attempt building a character on.

Especially if she's insane.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais