Page 365 of 668 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 10006
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Meh, each generation has it's ups and downs for design. It was a little less noticable in G1 due to more consistent overall art direction, but it's obvious that differing motifs and such would sneak in over time.

I didn't see one I liked there out of the five new designs, but it'll come.
    It's not that the designs were bad, just that they seemed to be getting less like animals/objects and more like toon-ish figures every generation. That's just painful.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Yevondamnit, I've got a song stuck in my head and now I can't go five minutes without signing "I am a Millipede! I am astounding!" out loud.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Meh, each generation has it's ups and downs for design. It was a little less noticable in G1 due to more consistent overall art direction, but it's obvious that differing motifs and such would sneak in over time.

I didn't see one I liked there out of the five new designs, but it'll come.
    I kinda dig the fire starter. If nothing else, it's bound to evolve into an awesome fire wolf/fox thing or something.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yevondamnit, I've got a song stuck in my head and now I can't go five minutes without signing "I am a Millipede! I am astounding!" out loud.
    Bleh. Worst song of the lot, you ask me. But if it bothers you, you could always Put A Banana In Your Ear.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Bleh. Worst song of the lot, you ask me. But if it bothers you, you could always Put A Banana In Your Ear.
    Well yeah, I said it was caught in my head, not that I thought it was a great song.

Honestly the entire point of this episode seemed to be that even Pink and Blue were bored with the whole scenario, knew there was no way he'd trust them again and were just getting rid of him so they could move on to something else.

Millipede would have been better if she had a significantly more realistic face yet was still singing all that egotistical stuff.

I'm a Star! I'm a God! I'm a thing to behold!
    There are none as resplendent as I!
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

I think i finally understand the phrase 'iam getting to old for this shit".

But good news on another pokemon generation. Well kinda i guess, part of me wants them to focus more on what they have. But on the other hand having seen white 2 and black 2 i am just not sure it is worth doing long term. Pokemon are like Ben 10's aliens, the momentem of bringing in new ones is to integral to the series at this point. To the level you kinda want to see new ones even if the old ones haven't been fully fleshed out.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post

But good news on another pokemon generation. Well kinda i guess, part of me wants them to focus more on what they have. But on the other hand having seen white 2 and black 2 i am just not sure it is worth doing long term. Pokemon are like Ben 10's aliens, the momentem of bringing in new ones is to integral to the series at this point. To the level you kinda want to see new ones even if the old ones haven't been fully fleshed out.
    More in depth would be cool, but you'd have to actually be more in depth and not just "Set in the same location twice".
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Getting old sucks, but it's far better than the alternative!

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    Accually having experienced it i don't think it necessarily has something to do with your age. But rather that when you get to a point of doing the same troublesome thing for years that you just get to a point you've had enough.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Uploading your mind to a digital format so you no longer age?

I dunno, sounds better than slowly accruing flaws until you collapse and rot to me.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Well yeah, I said it was caught in my head, not that I thought it was a great song.
    I know. I was giving my opinion. You want stuck in your head, though, there's always the Walrus Song.

Honestly the entire point of this episode seemed to be that even Pink and Blue were bored with the whole scenario, knew there was no way he'd trust them again and were just getting rid of him so they could move on to something else.
    They did say as much. I guess Steele just got tired of people constantly nagging him about it.

Millipede would have been better if she had a significantly more realistic face yet was still singing all that egotistical stuff.
    Clearly, you just don't have a god's taste.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

More in depth would be cool, but you'd have to actually be more in depth and not just "Set in the same location twice".
    True enough, though i have my own reasons for not liking white/black 2. Mainly it wasn't Pokemon Grey. That and the guy that tried to take over the world was kinda just allowed to try it again with no consequences to his actions.

Anyone else having trouble with the reply with quote feature?

Accually having experienced it i don't think it necessarily has something to do with your age. But rather that when you get to a point of doing the same troublesome thing for years that you just get to a point you've had enough.
    See, but with those years that bring you to that point, comes age.

I dunno, sounds better than slowly accruing flaws until you collapse and rot to me.
    To me, that seems worse than death.

To me, that seems worse than death.
    Why? I'm not implying you need to stay as a static AI. You can get a modular body and keep upgrading bits until you get sufficiently bored with existence to just sign off.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Uploading your mind to a digital format doesn't stop the original you from slowly accruing flaws and dying, just to note. <_<