Page 361 of 668 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 10006
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Corim will get to high levels the long way and then blitz your puny magicians into oblivion.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

It occurs to me that the correct approach to the act of selling one's soul is to first accumulate sufficient value that you'll actually get a good price for it.

Consigning yourself to eternal pain for a finite reward is obviously pretty stupid, but if you can convince a Demon Prince that your talents would make you an excellent or even invaluable subordinate, you can make a pact entailing a power boost now, and a job offer ascended to minor Demonic Nobility upon death.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Truth. I'm not going to switch until about 7 or 8 anyway, so I have a ways to milk this baby for all I can.
    If you're waiting until level 7 or 8 to change classes...you're going to be hurting for Martial Knowledge.

I find Weaponmasters work best as 'base' classes for a switch-plan until level 5 or so, at most. Even by then, you're down 75 MK on someone who was a straight fighter all that time (and have only just achieved 'Use of Ki'....).

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If you're waiting until level 7 or 8 to change classes...you're going to be hurting for Martial Knowledge.

I find Weaponmasters work best as 'base' classes for a switch-plan until level 5 or so, at most. Even by then, you're down 75 MK on someone who was a straight fighter all that time (and have only just achieved 'Use of Ki'....).
    I was planning on using the CP I would gain by leveling up to buy Martial Mastery, then using my gained MK to buy Use of Ki and something else. That'll make up for the gap in MK, I think.

On the other hand, Weaponmasters - if created properly - work just fine for what they were created to do.

They're not army destroyers.
    They're not the guys who get the big kill-count.

If you're okay with that, then a properly set-up Weaponmaster is the guy who eats the 'Party-Smashing Blast' that the big bad guy sends out when he's righteously honked off, gets up, dusts himself off, and then says 'Let's go.' while the rest of the party is struggling to reattach lost limbs.

He may not be the best killer, best destroyer, best crazy-good warrior in the group, but he's darned-sure the Last Man Standing.

Gm's often forget that Weaponmasters get Wear Armor as part of their class. It's something special to them. They've taken a loss somewhere else to get that (same with straight fighters and paladins, to a lesser extent).

Hence, Weaponmasters deserve the opportunity to keep finding better equipment. To them, that's as much a part of the character as the innate abilities of a Technician, and just as necessary for their success. A 'properly' kitted out Weaponmaster (ie, in accordance with their level and skill) is a horrifying foe.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

How did Class switch work in Anima again??

I was planning on using the CP I would gain by leveling up to buy Martial Mastery, then using my gained MK to buy Use of Ki and something else. That'll make up for the gap in MK, I think.
    It's a start. Sadly, it does mean you sacrifice +1 into an attribute just to keep up. :(

But there are balances everywhere. Not many heavily armored, heavily armed people are as fast as Ardy.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    How did Class switch work in Anima again??
    It's expensive. Barring having the proper gift you have to declare 2 levels ahead of time, then over the next two levels pay out a certain amount of DP.

1. 20 DP if you're changing to Freelancer, Freelancer changing to anything else, or if it's in your class type (ie, warrior to warrior type, like Acrobatic Warrior to Weaponmaster).

2. 40 DP if it's mixed class that shares a class type. Technician (Domine) to Tao (Domine-Warrior) is the usual example.

3. 60 DP if it's to a completely different class type (ie, Fighter to Wizard).

It's a start. Sadly, it does mean you sacrifice +1 into an attribute just to keep up. :(

But there are balances everywhere. Not many heavily armored, heavily armed people are as fast as Ardy.
    That's true. I was planning, before this, on upping her strength to beyond human levels, so I'll have to think about it. I want to wait until I make the change before I start delving in MK for Ki purposes.

It's expensive. Barring having the proper gift you have to declare 2 levels ahead of time, then over the next two levels pay out a certain amount of DP.
    Yuck that's like Half a Level!!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpandPointies
    Also, before it comes up, the bonuses for Aura Extension/Presence Extrusion work perfectly well for Empty Hand attacks. Not only are 'empty hands' considered 'weapons' for the purpose of many rules in the game, I've actually checked this one. :)
    Does the bonuses to Damage and Breakage and such work for Martial Arts as well? Or is that one of those "Martial Arts don't count as weapons" things?

Does the bonuses to Damage and Breakage and such work for Martial Arts as well? Or is that one of those "Martial Arts don't count as weapons" things?
    Work just fine. :)

Yuck that's like Half a Level!!
    Nobody said it had to come out of your primary.

On the other hand, Weaponmasters - if created properly - work just fine for what they were created to do.

They're not army destroyers.
    They're not the guys who get the big kill-count.

If you're okay with that, then a properly set-up Weaponmaster is the guy who eats the 'Party-Smashing Blast' that the big bad guy sends out when he's righteously honked off, gets up, dusts himself off, and then says 'Let's go.' while the rest of the party is struggling to reattach lost limbs.

He may not be the best killer, best destroyer, best crazy-good warrior in the group, but he's darned-sure the Last Man Standing.

Gm's often forget that Weaponmasters get Wear Armor as part of their class. It's something special to them. They've taken a loss somewhere else to get that (same with straight fighters and paladins, to a lesser extent).

Hence, Weaponmasters deserve the opportunity to keep finding better equipment. To them, that's as much a part of the character as the innate abilities of a Technician, and just as necessary for their success. A 'properly' kitted out Weaponmaster (ie, in accordance with their level and skill) is a horrifying foe.
    Hmm, this is a good point. I'm going to see if they have any good armors in Komerfest once the Skuling are gone.

Work just fine. :)
    *runs off to edit the hypothetical charecter he's working on*

Nobody said it had to come out of your primary.
    Even SO it's just under (or over if you're REALLY crazy), a HALF A LEVEL. That's a lot of points to take out of your Secondary abilities or other class stuff either.

Hmm, this is a good point. I'm going to see if they have any good armors in Komerfest once the Skuling are gone.
    It's Norse country. You'll probaby find better gear in the more civilized countries. Or at least more scientifically advanced.

True. But I'm hoping there will be some scale mail available. That's the only armor I can afford that's better than what she has