Page 360 of 668 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 10006
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Challenge: Name as many Dwarves as you can, but only one Dwarf per universe.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I still think Weaponsmasters get the short end of the stick as far as awesome upgrades go :(

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Also... you're into fuzzy rules-lawyering when it comes to maintaining Ascension.

Non-Gnosis-40 mages who maintain a Divine spell while leaving the node, mean that the spell loses power within a day. But in this case, you now ARE Gnosis 40, so you SHOULD be able to maintain it. But only because of the spell, which you shouldn't be able to maintain unless you're Gnosis 40. Which you are. But only because of the spell. Which..... blargh.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I still think Weaponsmasters get the short end of the stick as far as awesome upgrades go :(
    Yes. Yes, they do.

Hence a lot of WMs change class at some point.

To something which gives them more Martial Knowledge than a typical root vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also... you're into fuzzy rules-lawyering when it comes to maintaining Ascension.

Non-Gnosis-40 mages who maintain a Divine spell while leaving the node, mean that the spell loses power within a day. But in this case, you now ARE Gnosis 40, so you SHOULD be able to maintain it. But only because of the spell, which you shouldn't be able to maintain unless you're Gnosis 40. Which you are. But only because of the spell. Which..... blargh.
    Sounds fine to me: So long as you were in a situation where the spell was stable when you cast it, the upgrade holds itself in place.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Yes. Yes, they do.

Hence a lot of WMs change class at some point.

To something which gives them more Martial Knowledge than a typical root vegetable.
    Which is exactly what I plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Which is exactly what I plan on doing.
    It's a great class to start with though. Epic amounts of armour and weapons/style modules out the wazoo.

And if you go the Garon route, you can have more LP than a walled city full of dragons.

The danger of your super divinity plan is, of course, some dude who legitimately got into high levels coming along and undoing it.

"HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME, MERE MORTAL?! WATCH AS I UNMAKE REALITY ITSELF TO STRIKE YO-"

"Destroy Magic."

"Son of a bitch! Do you know how hard it is to cast that?! It takes like 2000 Zeon and hours of preparation!"

"Yeah, I'll be killing you now."
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

It's a great class to start with though. Epic amounts of armour and weapons/style modules out the wazoo.

And if you go the Garon route, you can have more LP than a walled city full of dragons.

Garon vs. the Phyrexian Hulk (My monstrocity)

WHO WILL BE THE LAST MAN/THING standing in taking damage from ALL the Skrullings??

Truth. I'm not going to switch until about 7 or 8 anyway, so I have a ways to milk this baby for all I can.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Garon vs. the Phyrexian Hulk (My monstrocity)

WHO WILL BE THE LAST MAN/THING standing in taking damage from ALL the Skrullings??

While he can't outlast your ridiculous wall, I think Garon has a chance to outlast your Zeon. Especially if we're talking about Taran's current resources.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The danger of your super divinity plan is, of course, some dude who legitimately got into high levels coming along and undoing it.
    More the double body thing.

My plans for being super divine, pretty much relied on you being a high enough level to get it (which admittedly Taran would quicken with Chimera).

The double body trick, yeah, that's going to hurt your guy alot. Assuming he doesn't make the save. WIth a billion Presence, he should make it for just about anything short of a mage Zeon dumping Added Effects all over you.

"HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME, MERE MORTAL?! WATCH AS I UNMAKE REALITY ITSELF TO STRIKE YO-"

"Destroy Magic."

"Son of a bitch! Do you know how hard it is to cast that?! It takes like 2000 Zeon and hours of preparation!"

You're still a Level 10 Mage. If you can't at least survive long enough to run away and plot revenge, you were probably grinding EXP on wusses to GET to level 10. :toungue:

Either that or you REALLY let your contingecies go after ascending. Which wouldn't be particularly bright, but in in charecter for a lot of mages that got Cosmic power.

More the double body thing.

My plans for being super divine, pretty much relied on you being a high enough level to get it (which admittedly Taran would quicken with Chimera).

The double body trick, yeah, that's going to hurt your guy alot. Assuming he doesn't make the save. WIth a billion Presence, he should make it for just about anything short of a mage Zeon dumping Added Effects all over you.
    Nah, my plan can't be dispelled. And if the other guy is good enough to Banish a level 24 being or get through your ridiculous resistances, you've done something drastically wrong.

"Ascension", however, can be dispelled by various spells and you don't get an opposite roll for some of them, hence the risk.

You're still a Level 10 Mage. If you can't at least survive long enough to run away and plot revenge, you were probably grinding EXP on wusses to GET to level 10. :toungue:

Either that or you REALLY let your contingecies go after ascending. Which wouldn't be particularly bright, but in in charecter for a lot of mages that got Cosmic power.
    To be fair, when you have an "I Win" and "What I say go" button, it can be easy to forget that they can be taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

"Destroy Magic."

Pretty sure that's almost exactly a OOTS plotline.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Pretty sure that's almost exactly a OOTS plotline.
    Replace destroy magic with energy drain, and it's pretty much Xykon's answer to uppity wizards.